Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
I asked Printer Paper 8 X 11 to make a banner for this season but he's fallen into being a cryptobro so he did, in fact, make a banner for me then promptly minted it and offered to sell it to me as an NFT. I miss when he was just a horny degenerate!! It's just as well as this season doesn't look too hot. I welcome the brief reprieve before spring annihilates us.

New Shows And Some Sequels I Am Excited For

noHBJNO.png

Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files {Rail Zeppelin} Grace note -Special Episode-
PV
It's just one episode but sometimes these New Year's broadcasts get overlooked. More Waver is always a good thing.

Iqo647K.jpg

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 2
PV
We're finally at the end of this long road two studios and nearly eight years later. Was it worth it?

PjqpnSv.png

The Orbital Children
PV
Mitsuo Iso is here to bless us after his long absence from directing (15 years!!) so here's hoping this is well received so he doesn't get bummed out and disappear for another fifteen.

TrCN3Dh.jpg

Princess Connect! Re:Dive S2
PV
Karyl and her funny faces return and this will probably get me to finally watch the first season.

h10AJiU.jpg

Sasaki and Miyano
PV
Dedication Through Light has never steered me wrong with anime recs. Looks cute!

vh1Cx8L.png

Takagi-san S3
PV
I've a friend that keeps telling me this is the most wholesome thing which sounds refreshing.

qzgauTl.png

Slow Loop
PV
Looks like Yurucamp but fishing. Surely a winning combination, right?

NOH7JmS.png

Requiem of the Rose King
PV
No idea as to the quality of the direct source material but a Richard III adaptation sounds quite novel.

QDSTSbc.jpg

In The Land of Leadale
PV
I feel compelled to include the least offensive looking isekai nowadays since it's so prevalent and this looked fairly pleasant as it was about the only one where some dude didn't get isekai'd into some young girl's body so it has that going for it.

bBW54e6.png

The Irregular at Magic High School Reminiscence Arc
PV
Uhh only including this because someone asked me really nicely to put it in the OP.

W0lmsDT.gif

World's End Harem
PV
This wasn't even going to be highlighted but I was reminded this seemed like such a potential Interspecies Reviewers situation that they held off on broadcast to make it acceptable so who knows what was lost. Another mystery we'll never know the truth about just like Mysteria Friends.

Other returning shows include Saiyuki],Demon Slayer, Arifureta, and Vanitas, Ranking of Kings, and Lupin Pt. 6!

~*~*~From the Desk of N-ko~*~*~
0VJuzI0l.png

It's come to my attention that Netflix Jail is no longer acceptable terminology and henceforth such shows should be referred to as still on N-ko's desk waiting for her approval.

Recent Approvals:
Aggretsuko S4

Pending approval:
Shaman King S1 Pt 3 (Jan 13)
The Orbital Children (Jan 28)
Child of Kamiari Month (Feb 8)

Resources

Winter 2022 Shows
Winter 2022, Who Has What Shows
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2021 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2020 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Results Full Spreadsheet Doc
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Results Full Spreadsheet Doc
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2017 Results

Discussion Ground Rules
- Please do not discuss piracy.
- Please keep it work-safe.
- Please do not be stupid.
-DONT POST ANITUBER VIDEOS (In Particular the big name ones Gigg, Mother's Basement, Digi etc..(Those three in particular endorsed the scams of Flying Colors and/or Otakucoin), Baka-Bishie's post found here explains the rationale of why this rule was put into place and links resources to more details on what occurred during one of these scams. Smaller Youtube channel videos can be posted, but please only post them if you think it if you think it will cause actual discussion or gives non-low hanging fruit knowledge.​

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't actually watched anything new in awhile aside from Jojo

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
i've come around a lot on it with quite a few powerhouses coming out this year it still has a good chance though i'm looking forward to those sleepers that come out of no where lol
yup 2022 looks like a solid year for anime and it will have competition. Spy X Family should be great.

Kaguya's season 3 will be the best one yet as long as it's adapted at the same quality as the past ones though so it will be a mighty foe.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
glad to be back here so i can not watch any anime but still enjoy all your company

we caught up on conan episodes (tremendously inoffensive background viewing, highly recommended) and i dunno if it was just being stuck in early 00s conan for so long but even the bullshit filler episodes they're making nowadays have absurdly high quality cinematography for completely pointless murderer-of-the-week episodes

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I'm ready for some AOTY chatter. The season does seem light, which is odd usually they fire everything in Winter.

Oct 25, 2017
Kindly asking for

Sasaki and Miyano to be in the suggested anime for representation of us gays

Also
Tokyo 24th Ward
Tribe Nine

the three are all anime of the year quality.

Thanks.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
looks like a snooze of a season.
I read the first volume of Leadale last year and yet I can't remember a single thing about it. maybe Slow Loop might be ok? bah.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Wow, a completely barren season. Incredible. Time to catch up on last year's anime and get ready for aoty.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Well so far it seems light this season.

Attack on Titan
Demon Slayer
86 (lol)
Sasaki to Miyano
Vanitas S2

Then the curious ones TBD:

-Requiem of the Rose King ( whose description left me very confused)
-Tokyo 24 (nothing like a good crash and burn spectacle)
- Raymans Club

Seems like my Queerbaiting fix for the year is in order.

Oh and I guess Legend of the Galactic Heroes movie is coming out but alas the wait continues for us.

Arcticfox

Oct 27, 2017
I never knew about the Mysteria Friends production issues. Seems odd for what turned out to be a cute little show.

I'm curious about these recent Irregular at Magic High School seasons. The light novels ended a while ago so it seems odd to restart the anime again for advertisement reasons. The reminiscence arc was from book 8 of 32, though they have already done some arcs from later books. Are they actually planning to complete the whole series?

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'll be watching AoT, Slow Loop, and Akebi-chan for this season. Might also check out GFL and Dress Up Darling. Need to clear up some of my backlog too.

Also just watched that golf CGDCT special (Sorairo Utility) and it's pretty neat. I hope it gets picked up for a full 12/13-episode series in the future, there's lots of potential going from the OVA.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
i'm reminded that ishuzoku reviewers is the best anime of the decade so far and nothing has yet to come close, and i'm very sad

no idea what i'm gonna watch this season, haven't even looked at what's airing

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Irina The Vampire Cosmonaut 3
It was ok. Music was nice, some good imagery. Still can't take this very seriously yet.

i'm reminded that ishuzoku reviewers is the best anime of the decade so far and nothing has yet to come close, and i'm very sad

no idea what i'm gonna watch this season, haven't even looked at what's airing
I'm sorry nothing has topped your hentai.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Just asking out of curiosity. Why is the same person always doing the anime threads?

Ganyc

Oct 26, 2017
i guess i'll watch:
Sorairo Utility
Slow Loop
Takagi-san 3
Akebi-chan no Sailor Fuku
Land of Leadale (Manga was cute)
Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja

but yeah, it's a light season, the next one is better (with Spy x Family)

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
That irregular key art cracks me up. It looks a poster for a horror movie. The true horror is having to watch irregular.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Someone needs to collect and ... print these Printer chronicles. An intricately woven tale of fall, rebirth and further fall of a man, myth, legend.

Narag-sama, I still humbly beseech you to put AOTD thread (and voting thread maybe?) in the OP.

------
I don't quite agree it's looking like a weak season. With Ousama Ranking and Vanitas continuing it's already stronger than most. Karyl and Zenitsu chronicles (should) add two shows with good competent production to that. And with onii-sama blessing us with his presence, it's a veritable treasure trove of riches !

That irregular key art cracks me up. It looks a poster for a horror movie. The true horror is having to watch irregular.
T64cyFC.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Season is looking interesting (well kinda) though not overwhelming. Good thing cause I still have a lot to watch so this calm before the storm will be good.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That new thread smell.
looking forward to realist hero cour 2, Affierty season 2, genius prince, and some other stuff

Also it's Mazinger Z's 50th anniversary so I'm curious to see if Dynamic Productions has a new anime planned for the bday of its mecha side(whether is Mazinger solo or a overall mecha celebration like Infinitism adaption that involves Mazinger, Grendizer, steel Jeeg and Getter)

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to collect and ... print these Printer chronicles. An intricately woven chronicle of fall, rebirth and further fall of a man, myth, legend.

Narag-sama, I still humbly beseech you to put AOTD thread (and voting thread maybe?) in the OP.

------
I don't quite agree it's looking like a weak season. With Ousama Ranking and Vanitas continuing it's already stronger than most. Karyl and Zenitsu chronicles (should) add two shows with good competent production to that. And with onii-sama blessing us with his presence, it's a veritable treasure trove of riches !

T64cyFC.jpeg
Oh yeah I noticed I forgot earlier. Will fix tonight

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
After Her Blue Sky, I have confidence in Ms. Kuroki's capability of handling with delicacy the amazing fact that Megumi Kōno gets to be, for Akebi's Sailor Uniform, a chief animation supervisor of her own character designs (waiting for that since SHELTER, although that was her original work to be precise)!

As always, I expect the most luscious, bouncy examples of animated hair & fabrics the medium has ever seen... sadly accompanying the languishing laments coming from CloverWorks' staff while they are being crushed by the absolutely dreadful, exploitative schedule it has been imposed to them for all of 2022. :-(

Last edited:

Sir Sonic

Jan 14, 2020
We're starting this year considerably weaker than last year's winter. but there are still two to three shows that cought my attention. But before that I have to finish Heike Monogatari and Takt OP Destiny....

Meleina

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely looking forward to Sasaki and Miyano. I really enjoyed the manga! I hope they do a good job with the adaptation.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Another cute fishing anime?
houkago-teibou.gif

What I'm looking for:
Takagi-san S3
Dress up Darling
Akebi's Sailor Uniform
Slow Loop

Good season for SoL/Romance connoisseur's.

And attack on Titan I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.