• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
I'm done.
  • OP
    OP
    ryan13ts

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
    A bit of a pointless update, but I'm just done with trying to get a PS5. Today was my breaking point with dealing with this, after getting screwed 4 times in one day out of getting now (First Target, then Gamestop, then seeing 2 reasonable personal offers online that were instantly sold).

In the last few months, I've done nothing live on my computer trying to get one, even going a full 24 hours one day without sleep doing NOTHING but searching and reloading store pages when restocks were plentiful and I still can't get one, out of dozens and dozens of restocks. It's always instantly gone as soon I try to check out, even when I use multiple devices in an attempt to just get one. I already have some substantial obsessive-compulsive mental health issues as it is already, and as you can imagine, these last 6 months, especially this last month, have nearly destroyed my mental health trying to get one.

Nothing should be this frustrating or insane of an experience. Retailers aren't helping the issue either, by refusing to even allow systems to be sold in store (At least EVERY retailer in my town anyways). Even with past systems that were a pain to get (Wii especially, and Switch and PS3's early on) you could get lucky if you were dedicated enough to get to stores early on restock day, but that's not even an option now. And as far as scalpers go, I'd legitimately would rather slit my throat than pay scum of the earth, pieces of shit exploiting people's desperation like myself and contributing to the problem of finding one in the first place. I've never had a particular favorable opinion of people like this, but I couldn't state what I think of people like that now without coming off as a psycho at this point.

So, I'm just done. I honestly feel I'm going to have a legitimate mental breakdown if I keep trying to deal with this, and it's not worth it over a fucking game system. Since I don't even have the option to maybe get one in-store, I'm just accepting I won't get one until it's either PS6 comes out, or one falls out of the fucking sky and into my lap.

Sorry for the rant, but I legitimately needed a vent after all this.

The long nightmare is over.... maybe.
  • OP
    OP
    ryan13ts

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
    I think I finally did it guys. I had literally given up completely trying to get one, to the point where I wasn't even bothering looking at notifications anymore, when my ex texted me in a hurry telling me to go to Best Buy since they had some in stock. I didn't even want to bother, but he gave me a kick in the ass to just try, so I gave it a shot and..... holy fucking shit, it let me order one.

I'm still in disbelief that I actually got to even get through checkout finally. Still very apprehensive since I've heard oh so many stories of joy at getting an order, then it being cancelled, but hopefully this will finally be the end of this months long nightmare.