• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
This game is a GOTY contender for sure, so butthurt user scores don't concern me. I'll be spreading the word about how great it is.

Last edited:

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Just... don't have user scores.

Right now this situation is ridiculous. As much as I like Astral Chain, removing the 0s and 1s but not the 9s and 10s doesn't really paint an accurate picture about the game's reception with players, does it?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yet, kept the numerous amount of 10s that came in to counteract the review bombs up on the score for Astral Chain. That's what makes this whole situation ridiculous.
why? does it matter if the game has a very high user score now? the people review bombing had bad intentions, not the ones scoring it 10. and it's a genuinely excellent game so while it makes sense to remove the 0s cuz there's really no way someone could objectively give it a 0, someone giving it a 10 is perfectly understandable so how would metacritic even remove the 10s without removing those who have given it as a genuine score?

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
why? does it matter if the game has a very high user score now? the people review bombing had bad intentions, not the ones scoring it 10. and it's a genuinely excellent game so while it makes sense to remove the 0s cuz there's really no way someone could objectively give it a 0, someone giving it a 10 is perfectly understandable so how would metacritic even remove the 10s without removing those who have given it as a genuine score?
I suppose for me good intention doesn't matter, if it's a review that is very obviously coming from someone that hasn't played it I want it removed regardless of the number attached. Some of the 10 reviews are just "I like Nintendo."

It drains any small last shred of value the user score system has.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I suppose for me good intention doesn't matter, if it's a review that is very obviously coming from someone that hasn't played it I want it removed regardless of the number attached. Some of the 10 reviews are just "I like Nintendo."

It drains any small last shred of value the user score system has.
i just can't imagine metacritic having a good reliable way to remove those. but it's not just this game, every game has 10s or hundreds of (good or bad) scores by people who obviously haven't played it. this one can just be chalked up to the sad attempt at review bombing backfiring. hopefully makes people think twice before doing it to another game.