• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
Good ending:
Banjo 3 or Banjo remake

Indifferent ending:
Banjo in Smash Bros.

Best ending:
Both above

Bad ending:
Banjo mobile game

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Been a while since we saw Banjo in anything. Hope we're in for a smashing good time.
tenor.gif

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Is Shinobi actually likely to know something or is he just saying hopes?

Oct 28, 2017
If I had to bet on a Banjo related thing happening, I'd say a remake of the first game by Rare. I see that as more likely than an appearance in Smash Bros.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
If Banjo is announced for Smash but with no new game, then that would be the biggest troll in videogame history. As if the Conker/Project Spark troll wasn't bad enough.

OP
OP
HibbySloth

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I had to bet on a Banjo related thing happening, I'd say a remake of the first game by Rare. I see that as more likely than an appearance in Smash Bros.

People need to get this idea out of their heads before they get disappointed. If we are getting a remake it's not gonna be Rare doing it.

Gregg Mayles doesn't want to work on Banjo again, either.

If Banjo is announced for Smash but with no new game, then that would be the biggest troll in videogame history. As if the Conker/Project Spark troll wasn't bad enough.

Honestly, getting in Smash at all would be amazing. A final hurrah for the Bear and Bird.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Hnnnnrrrrrggggg

Don't you people do this to me. I completely gave up all hope of anything Banjo related ever happening ever again a long time ago, don't you dare bring me back in.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
People need to get this idea out of their heads before they get disappointed. If we are getting a remake it's not gonna be Rare doing it.

Honestly, getting in Smash at all would be amazing. A final hurrah for the Bear and Bird.
That article was before Microsoft announced a Battletoads revival. Rare is probably fine with outsourcing projects involving its old IPs to outside developers now.

Oct 28, 2017
You're right, it would be by a different studio like Killer Instinct and Battletoads are. I was thinking of the Banjo X project for the original xbox which led me to think Rare would be the one developing a remake.

Jan 8, 2018
The reactions — both from fans who have stuck with Banjo over the decades and loud internet posters who spent months belaboring how "poor" a financial decision it would be to put him in Smash — are going to be juicy. I just hope it happens at E3 and everyone isn't left twiddling their thumbs for a reveal on a lesser stage.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Every E3 people hype for this franchise coming back and dash my hopes. I can't believe again, been burned too bad. Would love it to happen but the industry isn't that cool. :(

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think Rare would be good at making a Banjo remake anyway. For one thing, it seems they are content with the approach they've taken with Sea of Thieves, and all the people who worked on Banjo in the past have left the company anyway.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be happy getting a Banjo-Kazooie (and hopefully Tooie) remake to bring the series "back" with a new dev before an all-new game gets made.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I think a new Banjo game would bomb hard. I don't feel there's enough of an actual, tangible fanbase out there with enough nostalgia to make it a success.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I think a new Banjo game would bomb hard. I don't feel there's enough of an actual, tangible fanbase out there with enough nostalgia to make it a success.
This is what I thought about Crash and Spyro. I think if the Banjo games are ever gonna get a remake, the time is now. The target demographic is at the perfect age where they can be milked.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Read these same exact types of posts pre-Crash and Spyro remakes. Did you not see how much money and attention the Yooka Laylee kickstarter got? People are THIRSTY. (as if it's not already evident in this thread)

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I wasnt even thinking about a Banjo Kazooie game until last night I had a dream and it ended up being a Banjo and Kazooie golfing game lol.