• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
She's not releasing a single before the album:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C5gTZU-rWIJ/
Eilish has been speaking about the album for several weeks, and least week teased the album with a series of billboards in major cities across the world. The billboards did not feature the Grammy- and Oscar-winning artist's name but did include her familiar "blohsh" symbol and what appear to be lyric snippets saying things like "Did I cross the line?," "I try to live in black and white" and "She's the headlights I'm the deer."
variety.com

Billie Eilish Unveils Release Date and Title of New Album: ‘Hit Me Hard and Soft’

Billie Eilish has officially announced the title and release date of her third full-length album: 'Hit Me Hard and Soft.'

Pre-order link | Pre-save link

View: https://open.spotify.com/album/7aJuG4TFXa2hmE4z1yxc3n

Last edited:

grang

Nov 13, 2017
The picture in the post brings to mind the Everything I Wanted music video, which is my favorite thing she's done...so hopefully it's like that!

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I love the idea of no singles before the album. Definitely giving it a listen to support the roll out.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Happier than Ever is one of my favourite pop albums of modern times, so I'm incredibly excited for the follow up.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Really hope they go darker on this album similar to her debut. I want more stuff like Bury A Friend.

OP
OP
kalindana

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
10 tracks confirmed via her store:
store.billieeilish.com

HIT ME HARD AND SOFT Standard Vinyl

Billie Eilish’s third studio album, "HIT ME HARD AND SOFT", released via Darkroom/Interscope Records is her most daring body of work to date, a diverse yet cohesive collection of songs— ideally listened to in its entirety from beginning to end—does exactly as the album title suggests; hits you...

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Was this intentional?

I7nTgPg.jpeg

R2xtzne.png

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
New Ari, Taylor, Dua and Billie just adds to the healing of the world.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
That snippet was actually pretty sick. I found happier than ever to be a bit boring but I'm here for the next one.

OP
OP
kalindana

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
Rolling Stone cover story:

View: https://www.threads.net/@rollingstone/post/C6JVdcarG1C
Immersing herself back into that darkness, combined with experimenting with new sounds — from a string quartet to glittery dance-floor trance — makes Hit Me Hard and Soft Eilish's best album yet. She dabbled in belting on the title track to Happier Than Ever, but she brings it full-throttle here on several songs, finally putting all those lame "She's just whispering" critiques to rest.
The title Hit Me Hard and Soft derives from a conversation she had with Finneas, when she mistakenly thought the name of a synth in Logic Pro was called Hit Me Hard and Soft. "I thought it was such a perfect encapsulation of what this album does," she explains. "It's an impossible request: You can't be hit hard and soft. You can't do anything hard and soft at the same time. I'm a pretty extremist person, and I really like when things are really intense physically, but I also love when things are very tender and sweet. I want two things at once. So I thought that was a really good way to describe me, and I love that it's not possible."
Hit Me Hard and Soft features five people beyond the O'Connell siblings. They recruited their live drummer, Andrew Marshall, to record a layer of drums, and the Attacca Quartet, whom Finneas met while working on the score for Alfonso Cuarón's upcoming Apple TV+ series, Disclaimer, is also featured. The quartet's strings are the through line of Hit Me Hard and Soft, an intense yet delicate — you might say hard and soft — element that ties the 10 tracks together, with a string motif that bookends the album and also pops up in the middle.
Eilish and Finneas call Hit Me Hard and Soft "an album-ass album." It's not a concept record, but it is a self-consciously cohesive set of songs, inspired by auteurist works from the past 15 years or so, like Coldplay's Viva La Vida, Lana Del Rey's Born to Die, Tyler, the Creator's Goblin, Marina and the Diamonds' Electra Heart, and Vince Staples' Big Fish Theory. "I love being dropped into a universe on a person's album," Finneas says, "when you find a whole body of work that you love to listen to, top to bottom. I'm so much happier than when I hear a great song, when you're like, 'Oh, wow, I get to cook my whole dinner listening to this album.'"
The opening track, the title of which I've agreed not to reveal, plays like a sister song to "What Was I Made For?" Eilish has talked about how she and Finneas experienced serious writer's block before coming up with the Barbie track, but what she hadn't revealed was that this album opener was born first — the catalyst to writing the hit. It carries the same sparse fragility as "What Was I Made For?," featuring Eilish's whispered vocals over a gorgeous melody. But the lyrics are even more devastating, as Eilish tackles the misconception that losing weight signifies happiness.

Directly after that is "Lunch," a complete 180 in both sound and subject content. It's a sexy, bass-heavy banger where Eilish is crushing on a girl so hard she likens sex with her to devouring a meal. Finneas remembers playing this moment for Interscope and witnessing the team shift in their seats. "What's funny about starting the album with [the opener] is that it is a total false promise," he says. "If you're remembering 'What Was I Made For?' and then you hear [it], you go, 'Oh, OK. I understand this world.' Then the drums come in [on "Lunch"], and it really is the kill-the-main-character-type beat. It's like Drew Barrymore being in the first five minutes of Scream and then they kill her. You're like, 'They can't kill Drew. Oh, my God, they killed Drew!'"
More:
www.rollingstone.com

Billie Eilish Would Like to Reintroduce Herself

Billie Eilish talks her new album 'Hit Me Hard and Soft,' prioritizing her mental health, and trying to live a normal life as she navigates fame.

OP
OP
kalindana

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
Tour dates:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C6WKhxGrzQb/
North America
Sun Sep 29 – Québec, QC – Centre Videotron
Tue Oct 01 – Toronto, ON – Scotiabank Arena
Wed Oct 02 – Toronto, ON – Scotiabank Arena
Fri Oct 04 – Baltimore, MD – CFG Bank Arena
Sat Oct 05 – Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center
Mon Oct 07 – Detroit, MI – Little Caesars Arena
Wed Oct 09 – Newark, NJ – Prudential Center
Fri Oct 11 – Boston, MA – TD Garden
Sun Oct 13 – Pittsburgh, PA – PPG Paints Arena
Wed Oct 16 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden
Thu Oct 17 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden
Fri Oct 18 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden
Sat Nov 02 – Atlanta, GA – State Farm Arena
Sun Nov 03 – Atlanta, GA – State Farm Arena
Wed Nov 06 – Nashville, TN – Bridgestone Arena
Fri Nov 08 – Cincinnati, OH – Heritage Bank Center
Sun Nov 10 – Saint Paul, MN – Xcel Energy Center
Mon Nov 11 – Saint Paul, MN – Xcel Energy Center
Wed Nov 13 – Chicago, IL – United Center
Thu Nov 14 – Chicago, IL – United Center
Sat Nov 16 – Kansas City, MO – T-Mobile Center
Sun Nov 17 – Omaha, NE – CHI Health Center Omaha
Tue Nov 19 – Denver, CO – Ball Arena
Wed Nov 20 – Denver, CO – Ball Arena
Tue Dec 03 – Vancouver, BC – Rogers Arena
Thu Dec 05 – Seattle, WA – Climate Pledge Arena
Fri Dec 06 – Seattle, WA – Climate Pledge Arena
Sun Dec 08 – Portland, OR – Moda Center
Tue Dec 10 – San Jose, CA – SAP Center at San Jose
Wed Dec 11 – San Jose, CA – SAP Center at San Jose
Fri Dec 13 – Glendale, AZ – Desert Diamond Arena
Sun Dec 15 – Inglewood, CA – Kia Forum
Mon Dec 16 – Inglewood, CA – Kia Forum
Tue Dec 17 – Inglewood, CA – Kia Forum

Australia
Tue Feb 18, 2025 – Brisbane, Australia – Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Wed Feb 19, 2025 – Brisbane, Australia – Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Fri Feb 21, 2025 – Brisbane, Australia – Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Sat Feb 22, 2025 – Brisbane, Australia – Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Mon Feb 24, 2025 – Sydney, Australia – Qudos Bank Arena
Tue Feb 25, 2025 – Sydney, Australia – Qudos Bank Arena
Thu Feb 27, 2025 – Sydney, Australia – Qudos Bank Arena
Fri Feb 28, 2025 – Sydney, Australia – Qudos Bank Arena
Tue Mar 4, 2025 –Melbourne, Australia – Rod Laver Arena
Wed Mar 5, 2025 – Melbourne, Australia – Rod Laver Arena
Fri Mar 7, 2025 – Melbourne, Australia – Rod Laver Arena
Sat Mar 8, 2025 – Melbourne, Australia – Rod Laver Arena

Europe/U.K./Ireland
Wed Apr 23, 2025 – Stockholm, Sweden – Avicii Arena
Thu Apr 24, 2025 – Stockholm, Sweden – Avicii Arena
Sat Apr 26, 2025 – Oslo, Norway – Telenor Arena
Mon Apr 28, 2025 – Copenhagen, Denmark – Royal Arena
Tue Apr 29, 2025 – Copenhagen, Denmark – Royal Arena
Fri May 2, 2025 – Hannover, Germany – ZAG Arena
Sun May 4, 2025 – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Ziggo Dome
Mon May 5, 2025 – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Ziggo Dome
Wed May 7, 2025 – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Ziggo Dome
Fri May 9, 2025 – Berlin, Germany – Uber Arena
Thu May 29, 2025 – Cologne, Germany – Lanxess Arena
Fri May 30, 2025 – Cologne, Germany – Lanxess Arena
Sun June 1, 2025 – Prague, Czech Republic – O2 Arena
Tue June 3, 2025 – Kraków, Poland – Tauron Arena
Wed June 4, 2025 – Kraków, Poland – Tauron Arena
Fri June 6, 2025 – Vienna, Austria – Stadthalle
Sun June 8, 2025 – Bologna, Italy – Unipol Arena
Tue June 10, 2025 – Paris, France – Accor Arena
Wed June 11, 2025 – Paris, France – Accor Arena
Sat June 14, 2025 – Barcelona, Spain – Palau Sant Jordi
Sun June 15, 2025 –Barcelona, Spain – Palau Sant Jordi

Mon Jul 7, 2025 – Glasgow, UK – OVO Hydro
Tue Jul 8, 2025 – Glasgow, UK – OVO Hydro
Thu Jul 10, 2025 – London, UK – The O2
Fri Jul 11, 2025 –London, UK – The O2
Sun Jul 13, 2025 – London, UK – The O2
Mon Jul 14, 2025 – London, UK – The O2
Wed Jul 16, 2025 – London, UK – The O2
Thu Jul 17, 2025 – London, UK – The O2
Sat Jul 19, 2025 – Manchester, UK – Co-op Live
Sun Jul 20, 2025 – Manchester, UK – Co-op Live
Tue Jul 22, 2025 – Manchester, UK – Co-op Live
Wed Jul 23, 2025 – Manchester, UK – Co-op Live
Sat Jul 26, 2025 – Dublin, Ireland – 3Arena
Sun Jul 27, 2025 – Dublin, Ireland – 3Arena
variety.com

Billie Eilish Reveals ‘Hit Me Hard and Soft’ World Tour, Starting in September

Billie Eilish has revealed the dates for her 'Hit Me Hard and Soft' world tour.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kalindana

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
Free listening events in NYC and LA next week:
variety.com

Billie Eilish Plots ‘Hit Me Hard And Soft’ Listening Events in New York City and Los Angeles

Billie Eilish is hosting listening events for her new, unreleased album 'Hit Me Hard And Soft' in New York City and Los Angeles.
Billie Eilish will host two album listening events ahead of her third studio album, "Hit Me Hard and Soft," slated for release May 17.

The free events presented by American Express, and produced by Live Nation, will take place on May 15 in New York City's Barclays Center and on May 16 in Los Angeles' Kia Forum.
Fans can request up to two free tickets for the listening events. Requests must be submitted by May 7 at 9 a.m. PT. Submissions do not guarantee tickets to the event. Confirmations will be sent out on Friday, May 10.
Link to request tickets.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Forgot about this!

I was pretty hyped for Happier Than Ever and ended up thinking it was just... pretty good. I think Billie has a complete masterpiece in her at some point, just a matter of time.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Excite! I'll be listening right when it comes out.

Gotta be honest, I never catched on to Happier Than Ever, don't think I've even listened to the whole album. But I loved don't smile at me and where do we go when we fall asleep.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Reviews also seem to be coming out this moment.

So, I'm not well versed in the music industry. If Hit Me Hard and Soft is her 3rd studio album, what is Don't Look at Me called? An independent album?

Also, why are there only 10 tracks on Spotify but 11 on Apple Music?

OP
OP
kalindana

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
Guardian review:
www.theguardian.com

Billie Eilish: Hit Me Hard and Soft review – still the great outlier of American pop

On this deeply involving third album, Eilish once again breaks the rules for arena-filling artists: it’s subtle and understated, yet jars the listener with eerie show tunes and explosive noise
An album that keeps wrongfooting the listener, Hit Me Hard and Soft is clearly intended as something to gradually unpick: a bold move in a pop world where audiences are usually depicted as suffering from an attention deficit that requires instant gratification. Hit Me Hard and Soft isn't in the business of providing that. In its place, it offers evidence that, among the ranks of mega-selling pop stars, Billie Eilish remains a fascinating law unto herself.

ntndlt

Jun 18, 2022
Also, why are there only 10 tracks on Spotify but 11 on Apple Music?

On Apple Music they will sometimes add little video clip teaser things specifically so that the album will show up as a pre-save (so you can add to library before the release). Normally with releases that don't have singles. In this case it's a little 5 second teaser video

luca

Oct 25, 2017
An EP, basically a mini album.
Oh, so that's what it's called. Thanks!

On Apple Music they will sometimes add little video clip teaser things specifically so that the album will show up as a pre-save (so you can add to library before the release). Normally with releases that don't have singles. In this case it's a little 5 second teaser video
I see. So I guess the Hit Me Hard and Soft track (the 11th one) is just a video clip. Thanks for explaining it, didn't know about it otherwise.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished a first-time listen of the album. I really liked it. More than Happier Than Ever, but not as good as her EP or debut album.

SKINNY. 4/10
LUNCH. 6/10
CHIHIRO. 5/10
BIRDS OF A FEATHER. 9/10
WILDFLOWER. 7/10
THE GREATEST. 7/10
L'AMOUR DE MA VIE. 7/10
THE DINER. 6/10
BITTERSUITE. 5/10
BLUE. 4/10

Great album. It's different to what she's done before. And there's some awesome sound mixing, instruments and rhythms. Really liked her voice throughout. About half the songs had interesting lyrics. 10 out of 10.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished a first-time listen of the album. I really liked it. More than Happier Than Ever, but not as good as her EP or debut album.

SKINNY. 4/10
LUNCH. 6/10
CHIHIRO. 5/10
BIRDS OF A FEATHER. 9/10
WILDFLOWER. 7/10
THE GREATEST. 7/10
L'AMOUR DE MA VIE. 7/10
THE DINER. 6/10
BITTERSUITE. 5/10
BLUE. 4/10

Great album. It's different to what she's done before. And there's some awesome sound mixing, instruments and rhythms. Really liked her voice throughout. About half the songs had interesting lyrics. 10 out of 10.

Respectfully, how is the album 10/10 if you gave 40% of the tracks 50% or under scores?

Fwiw I'm very excited about this album.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Respectfully, how is the album 10/10 if you gave 40% of the tracks 50% or under scores?

Fwiw I'm very excited about this album.
The 10/10 is just me being silly. But I really like the album. I'll give it many more listens. The whole album SOUNDS so good. Billie continues being my favorite singer. Maybe together with Swift.