Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
After four years of gathering online–adventuring through Azeroth, teaming up in Overwatch, traversing the fields of Sanctuary, or warming yourself by the fire in the Tavern–it's finally time to gather in person once more. We are happy to announce that BlizzCon will be returning to the Anaheim Convention Center on November 3-4!

Our players are at the heart of what makes BlizzCon great–a place where games are the common ground for connection and friendship. Whether you're coming to hang out with friends you only ever get to see online, celebrating epic moments in the games we love, exploring what's on offer in the convention center halls, or eager to learn what's next for our universes, BlizzCon is being created for you. It's the community that has always made this event so special, and we can't wait to see you all again.

We'll be back with more details about the show next month including ticketing information, cosplay and other competition details, and more.

For those of you who want to book accommodation now, our hotel blocks are now available. Whether you'll be joining us in person or online, we can't wait to share what we've been working on and celebrate together. We are counting down the days alongside you.

Stay up to date with BlizzCon and all things Blizzard by following us on Twitter.

Save the date! BlizzCon is coming November 3-4 (blizzard.com)

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Mar 15, 2019
I wonder what the focus will be here. Maybe the survival game they were hiring for?

grizzlyburrs

Apr 23, 2020
Genuinely they must be banking on Diablo IV to be a hit and the MS acquisition to go through by then because I can't fathom this going well with the current public sentiment around Overwatch. I guess WoW is operating smoothly and I have no idea about Hearthstone. Starcraft feels like a nonentity, so they have to have SOMETHING new, right?

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What can we expect ?
- News on a Diablo Season ? Probably too soon for announcing a new class ?
- Too soon for a new WoW expansion ?
- Whatever Overwatch is doing
- Probably a new game ?

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
It feels like Blizzard has lost so much good will with the audience that a convention is like the last thing they should worry about.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
What can we expect ?
- Probably a new game ?
WoW will be a year into its current expansion so it wouldn't be too early to start teasing what's next. OW2's apology tour probably starts now so I guess they're banking on everyone forgetting about the PvE disappointment by the time November rolls around.

I'd guess the survival title and Diablo will end up being the big focus, but given how bad Blizzard is at actually making new titles... might not want to bank on that.

radardi

Nov 26, 2022
Blizzcon is generally the "end" of the WCS so since that is not a thing anymore and Dreamhack Atlanta is in December. I expect nothing for starcraft news lol

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Looking forward to this, hopefully we hear more about the survival game. For the rest I'm expecting the usual major content drop announcements.

WoW is having 20 years anniversary next year, but I am not sure if they will announce next year's expansion just yet. There is still quite more to go from this one. Likely Hearthstone expansion as usual, maybe what's next for Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2.

Cannot really think of any surprises either. Even the legacy stuff has all been done at this point, except for Diablo 1 and Warcraft 1 and 2.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
WoW will be a year into its current expansion so it wouldn't be too early to start teasing what's next. OW2's apology tour probably starts now so I guess they're banking on everyone forgetting about the PvE disappointment by the time November rolls around.

I'd guess the survival title and Diablo will end up being the big focus, but given how bad Blizzard is at actually making new titles... might not want to bank on that.
^^^

All this.

I definitely expect the cinematic/tease of the next WoW expansion this November. The cadence has always been to announce a year in to the prior one, and usually 8-12 months before release, with a few exceptions.

Probably a look at the first major Diablo IV patch (possibly even a new class). The game's going to be red hot right out the gates and probably be counted on to rescue the company's image a bit.

Warcraft Arclight Rumble, and probably some new mobile game. Diablo Immortal updates, too.

Definitely the Hearthstone expansion that comes out in December and some kind of big new mode or something.

And yeah, some kind of big splash for Overwatch to try and rescue it, since the narrative will be poor the next few months, even if the next two seasons are 'good'.

While Overwatch is suffering, and WoW's sub numbers might be poor compared to its peak, I'd say Dragonflight, Hearthstone, Immortal and Diablo IV are …. All good or going to be very good?

viral

Oct 25, 2017
What can we expect ?
- Probably a new game ?

WoW expansion is probably a lock, they usually get announced 1 year into the current one and released 1 year later.

They're also probably gonna show their survival game that they announced more than a year ago that has apparently been in development for more than 5 years.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
There was a time that I would have been excited about this, but I think that time is long gone. Blizzard's luster has just been too tarnished for me, for a variety of reasons.

Sep 6, 2022
I wonder what the focus will be here.
2m2qc9.jpg

Boopers

Nov 1, 2020
Vermont usa
There's a good chance they'll announce the next WoW expansion, which will be exciting to see. Also, maybe more updates on their plans with classic WoW? They've kinda done the three parts that people love the most (vanilla, BC, Wrath), and Cataclysm wasn't really well-received… so will be interesting if they go into that.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If they are following the Destiny model and doing yearly big expansions for Diablo (Rod did say they are fans of that model) then I could see the first one being teased/revealed here

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
In for anything bigger shown for D4. I trust that team so far.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I have no idea what they could announce here that would interest me.

On what could be announced, no way anything interesting for WarCraft, StarCraft, Overwatch. Maybe WoW and D4 stuff, which I am not interested in. Eh.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i wonder what they will market a game with next only to cancel it after the game comes out

viral

Oct 25, 2017
There's a good chance they'll announce the next WoW expansion, which will be exciting to see. Also, maybe more updates on their plans with classic WoW? They've kinda done the three parts that people love the most (vanilla, BC, Wrath), and Cataclysm wasn't really well-received… so will be interesting if they go into that.

I think they sent out surveys about a potential Cataclysm classic, so they've definitely been thinking about it at least. I don't think it's a good idea though. I can see them expanding on classic though, looks like they aren't as afraid to make changes as they were at the start, especially now that the official hardcore servers are coming.

I have a lot of faith in Blizzard right now, the latest WoW expansion is one of the all-time greatest, and Diablo 4 is looking to be awesome. I'm looking forward to whatever they announce.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
They already announced hardcore servers and hinted at "classic plus" sort of. I think it makes more sense to go in the direction of brand new content for classic than do Cataclysm. At some point it's no longer WoW classic.

But yeah new retail expansion for sure. Always a fun time.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
please give us warcraft 4 or starcraft 3 already

curious about the survival game

excited to know what the next wow expansion is, where the follow up from dragonflight.

my personal opinion is since they are on a "back to basics" with DF and what i assume is next expansion and another. i think we'll get major update to kalmidor and eastern kingdoms to update it from post-cataclysm world state to a new one, being the new focus on the expansion

because when you think about it, release and change of kalmidor/eastern kingdoms is closer to classic than what it is now… that happened in 2010… it's 2023 now, it's time to update the world from the cataclysm

makes even more sense when you consider in the next DF patch they are introducing dragonriding flying to more wow mounts (over 100) and outside of DF zones… they are also going to make updated eastern kingdoms/kalmidor refreshed to fit the dragonriding system

that's why i think next wow expansion will be focused in eastern kingdoms/kalimdor with a major refresh and story/content events

Last edited:

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Nice! Probably the next D4 class reveal, their new IP and maybe other stuff.

Very interested to see how they'll parade OW2 now that the campaign has been gutted.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love a new Warcraft, StarCraft, or new Vanilla WoW or Wrath content but that's not gonna happen. So I'll just watch the newsfeeds.

I used to buy their $40 virtual ticket every year, crazy how much my hype for this company has changed.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Kinda surprised to see Blizzcon return at all. Are there still that many Blizzard super fans who will travel and pay to attend?