• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Finished watching all 8 episodes with my wife earlier. We really enjoyed it.
It keeps you guessing until the last episode.
Actings good for the most part.
Each episode focuses on a particular person.

Anyone else seen it?

Clickbait-Cast-Zoe-Kazan-Adrian-Grenier-Phoenix-Raei-Betty-Gabriel.jpg

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic show. Kept thinking it would go one way, only to get a curve ball.

Glad to see Adrian back after Entourage!

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
I just looked this up, OP, and surprised to see Brad Anderson of Session 9 and The Machinist fame directed the 1st and 3rd episodes. It seems he does a fair bit of TV directing work now.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I liked it quite a bit. Not flawless, but a bunch of twists and turns and a fine time if you're looking for something to enjoy.

I did dislike that the show ended really quickly after the climax. I would've liked more time spent on the aftermath (like it never comes back to the reporter character and all the shit he did)

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked it quite a bit. Not flawless, but a bunch of twists and turns and a fine time if you're looking for something to enjoy.

I did dislike that the show ended really quickly after the climax. I would've liked more time spent on the aftermath (like it never comes back to the reporter character and all the shit he did)

Yeah, that was my biggest problem -- both the abrupt ending and lack of any comeuppance for the sleazy reporter

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
100% the latter

And even then its just okay. Characters act stupidly it's all about tech / internet but is full of lines like "I hacked the mainframe and ghosted their servers".

Not saying it's outright bad, just don't go in with high expectations.
Ehh there is the typical tech talk, but IMO it was held to a minimum. The focus is on the mystery and I think it did a good job of that

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh there is the typical tech talk, but IMO it was held to a minimum. The focus is on the mystery and I think it did a good job of that

I just think when you name a show "clickbait" and a lot of the hook is the online aspect of the mystery you should do a better job handling the tech talk.

It's not going to ruin the show but just rubbed me the wrong way, type of thing if they got right that would have made the show better.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I just think when you name a show "clickbait" and a lot of the hook is the online aspect of the mystery you should do a better job handling the tech talk.

It's not going to ruin the show but just rubbed me the wrong way, type of thing if they got right that would have made the show better.
I think Clickbait title could have been fine even without any tech talk in the show though. The video setup alone justifies that name.

It could have been better though for sure. Speaking of, have there been any shows that actually do handle tech talk well? Can't think of any at the moment

Oct 25, 2017
Only through Ep 2 so far, but I'm getting tempted to fast forward and just see the conclusion. Getting tired of most of the revelations just being on a screen. Everyone is just looking at a phone or tablet.

Telling his sister before his wife is just WTF stupid TV drama

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
The Sister is easily one of the worst characters I've seen on screen this year.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't like it.
Apologize that I forgot all the names:
- The police guy was really incompetent, but got even promoted
- They already pictured the victim as the bad guy halfway trough the show, so you could see the twist that he isn't a horrible person seeing miles coming
- the ending is really bad. Introducing an almost new character (a bored karen) at last minute is a really cheap trick
- The reason why that woman started to use the victims pictures for that dating profile and that she did it out of boredom is so stupid. I mean come on: "Oh I played enough Solitaire and I know how computers work, so I guess I don't know how creppy my new hobby is
- The substory how this woman killed herself is so horrible and I think the series isn't really aware of that that is actually even worse what Karen lady's husband did to the victim

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It was okay, but the ending ruined it for me. That and Pia was insufferable for majority of the show.

The victim got kidnapped, beaten up, threatened with a gun, and got his reputation ruined online. Logical thing to do was either go to the hospital or the police. I don't understand what confronting the lady would have done. I find it hard to believe anyone would prioritize that over seeing their family or getting the police involved when at least one of your kidnappers is adamant on killing you.

Also, I understand the showrunners wanted to draw as little attention to her as possible for that final twist, but they failed to show her and the victim as close friends, merely coworkers... so why would he even know where she lives?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bishop89

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The victim got kidnapped, beaten up, threatened with a gun, and got his reputation ruined online. Logical thing to do was either go to the hospital or the police. I don't understand what confronting the lady would have done. I find it hard to believe anyone would prioritize that over seeing their family or getting the police involved when at least one of your kidnappers are adamant on killing you.

Yeh this was ridiculous

Last edited:

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished this series. The culprit revelation. and whole finale.. I want my 8 hours back, please.

And please don't cast Gabbie Hanna into another show.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it today. I liked that I was pretty sure how the show would end, but didn't see the actual ending coming at all.
I enjoyed it pretty much, one of the better recent Netflix offerings for sure.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly glad I spoiled this for myself, I really hate poor endings.

I remember watching the OA going in blind and its Season 1 ending killed it for me. Not sure I've ever been more annoyed by a show as that one.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow what a trashy show. My wife and I binged it in two nights, rare for us, we just couldn't stop. The final twist that nobody saw coming was a result of zero clues along the way, so I chalk that up to poor framing than a well crafted mystery. Was hoping broski would off the reporter before getting captured but oh well.