• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

www.latimes.com

You may scoff at a show about 'Little Ellen' DeGeneres. But it's easy to recommend

The beleaguered talk show host lends her persona and brand, but not her voice, to the child heroine of a new cartoon, premiering Monday on HBO Max.

Let me say from the start that I was disappointed to find that Ellen DeGeneres is not an actual presence in "Little Ellen," a new animated series from HBO Max, as Louie Anderson played his smaller self in "Life With Louie." (Let me also say that you won't find any toxic workplace observations in this review of a cartoon.) DeGeneres' comedy is, among other things, a way of talking, one that adapts in a lovely way to animation — she is so well used in "Finding Nemo" and "Finding Dory" — and I would have liked to hear her zig-zag locutions in the mouth of a 7-year-old. That is not the case — Little Ellen is played by Laurel Emory, 11 — but what's here is, if fairly conventional, very appealing and easy to recommend. (That it is fairly conventional will for much of its intended audience also amount to a recommendation.)

The LA Times thinks it's alright

I don't know, seems pretty goofy to make a show like this now

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I saw it when I was checking out what was on HBOMax and wondered why this was a thing that existed. (I have no plans to ever watch it.)

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Time to learn the origin story of why she's abusive in the workplace.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Ellen is already Little Ellen tho

or at least that's how she acts

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
*thinking about all the reasons people don't like ellen*

...does she hang out with little george at a football game!?

Dec 11, 2017
Crossover when?
13548-E8-E-043-A-45-F3-B676-E3720-C2133-FF.jpg

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Can't wait for the death battle with Lil Bill
First thing I thought of. Lol.

I don't know, seems pretty goofy to make a show like this now.
This was very likely in development for a couple of years before the scandal broke, since animated shows typically take much longer to make than live-action shows.

They were probably too far into development to cancel the show and just released it anyway to recoup any costs, like with her other shows on HBO Max (surprisingly there's more than one show on that streaming service with her name and/or face on it).

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
These Disney villain origin stories are getting a little out of control.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Oh, it's a Cartoonito show. My kid was super pissed to turn on Cartoon Network the other day hoping to watch some Gumball before heading off to school only to find that they've replaced all programing until 2pm every day with preschooler shows.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's depressing to think about how much effort was invested into this otherwise fine looking kids' show that will forever be tainted by its association with Ellen.

I vaguely remember this, but is that supposed to be a super whitewashed Condoleeza Rice on the right?
Yes that is (I think there was a plot point about that). I remember this show and I wish I didn't.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously. What the fuck is up with HBO Max's cartoon output?

Between this and The Prince it feels like they produce some of the most ghoulish series that would be canceled in minutes on any other network.

Thank God Cartoon Netwprk is saving their ass.

Now stop wasting money on this shit and make more Infinity Train.