Status
Not open for further replies.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Into The Spider-Verse's pre-existing license on FuboTV has expired. It currently not on any service (unless it's on a cable pre-existing license that's not covered by any of my tracking. Which happens every once in awhile).

Odds though of it going to US D+ either as a shadow drop in August or on the September 2023 list has gone up.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
When do we expect Indy 5 to land on D+?

Whenever the week the physical disc comes out. Or at least that's what we're assuming based on Guardians and Quantumania.

TLM'S D+ date will either confirm or deconfirm the theory.

Indy 5 hasn't been uploaded to the server yet for anyone wondering. So it's definitely going to be a bit.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
F2JnQHkXsAEfSe_.png

Next on Disney+: August 2023 (US)
OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Next on Disney+: August 2023

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8btTDUba3Q&pp=ygULZGlzbmV5IHBsdXM%3D

Wednesday, August 2

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqcncLPi9zw&t=22s&pp=ygUmZ3VhcmRpYW5zIG9mIHRoZSBnYWxheHkgdm9sIDMgIHRyYWlsZXI%3D
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
  • Farm Dreams (S1, 6 episodes)
  • How Not to Draw Shorts (S1, 5 episodes)
  • Kiff (S1, 4 episodes)
  • Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures - New Episodes Streaming

Friday, August 4

• Rio 2

Wednesday, August 9

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98aRiv_KLmw&t=2s
  • Chibi Tiny Tales Shorts (S3, 11 episodes)
  • Dino Ranch (S2, 9 episodes)
  • High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (Season 4) - Premiere - New Episodes Streaming

Friday, August 11

• The Amazing Spider-Man 2
  • Barnyard Olympics
  • Donald's Cousin Gus
  • Donald's Nephews
  • Flying Jalopy
  • Goofy and Wilbur
  • Mickey's Steam-Roller

Wednesday, August 16

• Disney Junior Wonderful World of Songs (S1, 10 episodes)
  • Hamster & Gretel (S1, 4 episodes)
  • The Villains of Valley View (S2, 6 episodes)
  • Wicked Tuna (S12, 20 episodes)

Thursday, August 17

• The Wonder Years (S2, 10 episodes)

Friday, August 18

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_1EXWNETiI&pp=ygUQc3RhciB3YXJzIGFoc29rYQ%3D%3D
  • LEGO® Disney Princess: The Castle Quest - Premiere
  • Star Wars: Ahsoka - Premiere - Two Episodes

Friday, August 25

• Cinderella 4K Remaster
  • Explorer: Lost in the Arctic

Wednesday, August 30

• Kiya & the Kimoja Heroes (S1, 6 episodes)
  • Pretty Freekin Scary (S1, 6 episodes)
  • Star Wars: Ahsoka - Premiere - Episode 3
  • Chip 'n' Dale: Park Life (Season 2) - New Episodes

press.disneyplus.com

Next on Disney+: August 2023

Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more, alongside exclusive Disney+ Originals. This post provides updates on upcoming original films and series, the latest episodes, and new library titles joining the...

Last edited:

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Probably the first month in a long time where I'm going to watch multiple new additions. Guardians 3 I am going to be rewatching over and over again in particular.

Jun 20, 2021
Guardians 3 added today.

They've also changed I Am Groot to be a series rather than five short films.

The UK has also added the BBC's Martin-Freeman-as-a-policeman show The Responder for some reason.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Elemental now has a blu-ray release date. So it is now likely we get The Little Mermaid on September 20th and Elemental on September 27th if the day after the blu-ray rule holds true.

whatsondisneyplus.com

Pixar’s “Elemental” Digital/4K UHD/Blu-Ray/DVD Release Details Announced

https://youtu.be/2bVv5V7hkSg Disney has announced that the latest Pixar animated film,

Agreed with your assessment. Unless they don't want two theatrical in the same month. That's the only question

Jun 20, 2021
Dial of Destiny might be a few weeks away but would I be correct in assuming we're due D+ dates for The Little Mermaid (definitely) and Elemental?

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Dial of Destiny might be a few weeks away but would I be correct in assuming we're due D+ dates for The Little Mermaid (definitely) and Elemental?

Here's the facts:
- Indy 5 is not on the Disney+ Internal Server, but TLM and Elemental are.
- Guardians was on the internal server when it was close to a release date reveal.
- Guardians Vol 3 went to D+ the same week as the physical release. Literally the day after the physical release.

Spectromixer and myself are currently speculating that based on the physical release dates, IF Disney is doing the same week as physical for D+ on most films, and IF Disney is cool with doing more than one Theatrical film launch on the service in a month, the following dates are probable:

TLM 2023 - September 20th
Elemental - September 27th

My eyes are now on the following questions being answered:
- When are Indy 5 and Haunted Mansion getting uploaded to the D+ Internal Server?
- What is their physical date? (We will not get this until we have a digital date. But the digital date is typically two months after the theaterical launch)

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who didn't see the trailer thread:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8H2CywVqg&pp=ygUTaSBhbSBncm9vdCBzZWFzb24gMg%3D%3D

Also, it's almost that time of the month again. Let's talk September 2023 predictions/guesses/maybes/who knows/ects:

- Obviously I Am Groot S2 just got announced, so that's covered.
- I am 90% confident we are going to get an announcement for The Little Mermaid 2023 coming to Disney+ on September 20th by Next Tuesday. If it's not September 20th, and we're wrong about the drop being the day after physical, I still think it's coming in September considering GotG Vol 3 dropped in August and the film is on the server. If we don't get the announcement by noon on the 15th, expect a delay of the September 2023 list due to gag order.
- Elemental I'm 60% sure is also going to be a September release (specifically September 27th if physical release week theory is correct). HOWEVER, I do not think it will be on the September 2023 list. Why? Because the movie is going to be on home digital on the 15th. I think Disney is going to want to keep quiet for a week or two to make sure home digital sales are good. I think we will get the announcement in Early September around the time the September 2023 video goes on social media to the masses.
- Indy 5 is still not on the internal server. My theory is November 2023, but that theory may adjust when we know the physical release date. Which obviously we won't get until after the digital release date is announced. Which should probably be soon.
- Haunted Mansion obviously just came out in theaters. We'll talk about that next month for (appropriately) October.
- For those wondering, Into The Spider-Verse shifted back to FuboTV and appears to be an exclusive license. We have to wait for that pre-existing license to expire before it can go to Disney+. That said, we could always get lucky and it could appear on the September 2023 list. But I don't have a way of seeing what's leaving FuboTV soon like with Starz, and that's how we got the hint that Amazing Spider-Man 2 was finally coming to Disney+ in the US (reminder: That's coming on Friday in the US)
- Speaking of Starz, still no clue if Far From Home is leaving US Starz yet. If we get lucky, maybe the Starz list will drop this week like last month. If Far From Home is said to be leaving in early September, then it's 99% likely to be heading to US Disney+.
- Elektra is on Tubi in the US. Shadow drop theory is officially off the table for a bit. There's still Fox pre-existing licenses to deal with. Unless Daredevil 03 gets shadow dropped on it's own. It currently isn't anywhere at the moment.
- We are approaching the end of Venom: Let There Be Carnage's Pay 1 Window. September 2023 will be the last full month the movie is on Starz. We'll discuss options for the movie next month.
- Sony and Disney, when the heck are you putting the two Sony Muppet movies on US Disney+? They are nowhere to be found.
- Is it time for Hulu to pull a "how the Showtime content was on P+ originally" next month? I guess we won't know until that investor update soon.
- I think we're getting Miraculous batch in this month. Which wraps the season. So we'll be waiting for whenever the next season is ready to go. (Or if the movie has a short exclusivity period on US Netflix)
- I'm not even going to try to list all the Disney Channel show batches for currently running Seasons. If you care about the shows and follow them enough, you know what ones are coming. THAT said, I think Big City Greens S4 and Primos are going to start soon. We may get word of the 5-6 advance episode batches for both shows shortly. (Unless Primos is getting delayed due to the controversy)
- I don't think there's any other potential shadow drops we're waiting on. Unless X-Men 97 gets a stealth announcement.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
A reminder: Disney's Q3 investors meeting will begin at 4:30est, 1:30pst.

This is the last one before we head deep into fall. So I imagine this is where we get our update on Hulu integration with US Disney+. Unless we're really not getting anything until December, and they're going to wait until November to talk about it.

... But I'd probably get some thread title updates ready Spectromixer lol

Jun 20, 2021
Just realised in international territories, Disney+ will have a month of -

Monday - Futurama
Tuesday - Only Murders
Wednesday - Ahsoka

Price Increases starting Oct 12 2023
OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
As of Oct. 12, Disney+ Premium (with no ads) will jump 27%, rising from $10.99 to $13.99/month for U.S. customers. Hulu without ads will increase 20%, from $14.99 to $17.99/month. The price for Disney+ and Hulu standalone ad-supported tiers will remain at $7.99/month each, and with the bundle still $9.99/month.

variety.com

Prices of Disney+, Hulu Premium Plans to Get Jacked Up but New Duo Bundle Will Offer Deep Discount

Disney announced substantial price hikes for Disney+ and Hulu standalone premium plans, along with a discounted ad-free bundle with both services.

image.png

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Who in their right mind would pay for Hulu Ad-free and not just get that plus Disney + ad free for 19.99 (2 bucks more)?

I don't think they ever had a Disney + (ad free) and Hulu (ad free) bundle before, did they?

edited to add: oh they did, but with ESPN + at 19.99. That now goes to 24.99.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
A reminder that the September 2023 list will drop this week. Probably Tuesday unless the scheduling team is gag ordered.

If there's a gag order, odds of Elemental going to the service go slightly up, but with the PVOD out on Tuesday, I'm not going to bet on an announcement. Gag order is most likely going to be for something else besides theatrical release drops.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

US Disney+ September 2023 List (The Little Mermaid 2023, I Am Groot S2 9/6, Disney's Launchpad S2 [Unrelated to Ducktales]) News - Video/Streaming

https://www.vitalthrills.com/disney-plus-september-2023/ DISNEY PLUS SEPTEMBER 2023 SCHEDULE AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 5 NEW LIBRARY TITLES All Wet Trolley Troubles AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 6 NEW LIBRARY TITLES 9/11: One Day in America (S1, 6 episodes) The Little Mermaid I Am Groot Season 2 –...

We either have a coasting on D+ originals and TLM 2023 month, or there's unannounced things for later like we saw in April/May.

Obviously Elemental is one possibility, but that could easily be an October launch.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Status
Not open for further replies.