Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So now that we have 15 episodes of the "New" EA Podcast, how do you feel about the format change? I wanted to give it a fair shake, but I'm really unhappy with it compared to the previous format.
-While The Wrong Question was kind of a dud of an opening game (it was too difficult to understand, especially in this era where the cast on the shows is going to be more varied than it used to be), they really need to get something at the start of the show to get everyone into it. You could bring back corrections, do a different, easier-to-understand game, or even move the outro stuff of videos coming up/last week or something here- just something before jumping in to the main content
-I really don't like how news/segments and reviews/impressions are just mixed together- I thought I was going insane in the Spring game preview when they did April, then game impressions, then May, then game impressions, then June, and then more game impressions. I get that the "default" for gaming podcasts going back almost 2 decades now has been some variation of "What have you been playing" followed by "News" followed by "E-mail"- and this has shown me why it's been like that.
-That said, I like that we now do get some amount of actual game impressions instead of the show just being news stories and reader questions.
Not a criticism at all, but you are way more focused on the format than I am. I'm not categorizing anything in my mind when I'm listening.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit, I haven't listened or watched almost any gaming anything due to not beating a certain game.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
So now that we have 15 episodes of the "New" EA Podcast, how do you feel about the format change? I wanted to give it a fair shake, but I'm really unhappy with it compared to the previous format.
-While The Wrong Question was kind of a dud of an opening game (it was too difficult to understand, especially in this era where the cast on the shows is going to be more varied than it used to be), they really need to get something at the start of the show to get everyone into it. You could bring back corrections, do a different, easier-to-understand game, or even move the outro stuff of videos coming up/last week or something here- just something before jumping in to the main content
-I really don't like how news/segments and reviews/impressions are just mixed together- I thought I was going insane in the Spring game preview when they did April, then game impressions, then May, then game impressions, then June, and then more game impressions. I get that the "default" for gaming podcasts going back almost 2 decades now has been some variation of "What have you been playing" followed by "News" followed by "E-mail"- and this has shown me why it's been like that.
-That said, I like that we now do get some amount of actual game impressions instead of the show just being news stories and reader questions.

Yeah I haven't listened to the podcast for a few weeks, it is just weird and disjointed. It's not just the new format of course, it's a combination of factors but that is part of it. They should do what most do and have a "what have we been playing" segment.

I will get back to it eventually, I have started another listen of the Wheel of Time audio books and that is something like 449 hours long.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
The wheel of feedback turns and turns. Don't know if I can win here since I tried to mix it up because people didn't like having big blocks of news and impressions. I'm not exactly just trying to alternate either - like this week, Lorelei was in the Nintendo direct, so I transitioned from the event news in general directly into my Lorelei preview.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Tbh the main thing I've noticed is the currently playing game talk in the podcast and I like that merging of FT and the main podcast. All the other stuff like bets and whatever just happens and I don't really notice changes that much.

pioneer

May 31, 2022
I've been enjoying the podcast 🤷🏻‍♂️ the order in which they do news and impressions doesn't bother me one way or the other

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to the podcast every week. It's been a consistently good time. Don't really miss corrections and having the game impressions integrated is good. Don't really pay attention to the order of segments. It's always been about the group of people hanging out for me, so the podcasts are at their best when it's the entire crew which has been the case most of the year. The guests have all been great additions too.

I'm watching the group stream from last night now and, aside from the techinical issues at the start, it's another fun one. Lethal Company with crowd control is insane.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
the order in which they do news and impressions doesn't bother me one way or the other

Yes, I do not care in any capacity about how they format the show/order of the segments. They happen and I listen to them without ever knowing the order. I can also not think of a reason why it would/should matter what comes first or even that there is a set order.

Zarmander

Oct 29, 2017
The current podcast is too long in my opinion. It's been hovering around 3 hours for the most part. This is just me but my appetite for long podcasts is dwindling. I'd like a shorter podcast with only impressions of games that the average fan will be excited about. If it's a light week for interesting
releases then cut the whole segment.

Been happy with the allies energy on the podcast overall, I'd say it just needs some fine tuning.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
As someone who listens at work, I'm fine with long podcasts. Just have to make sure the pacing is okay and topics can easily be edited into segments.

The format hasn't been too bad. I like mixing game impressions in. My only advice is to always make sure someone's played a relatively substantial portion of a game. I'm talking a couple hours minimum.

Last edited:

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Huber hosted the podcast this week, and true to his promise, he brought back Corrections. Not many there though as it's been a dead segment for months now.