Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
After the battle pass bundle I think I got 15 more with my StW v bucks. Then a couple more when I got close to unlocking Mystique lol. I really wanted to unlock her as fast as I could. Probably my favorite skin from this battle pass.
Ahh that makes more sense. And Mystique? Interesting, she's the only I don't use to be honest; but everyone had their fans.

I'm wondering when we are due an update on Galactus and Venom/Capt. Marvel skins....

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
I'm pretty bad at Fortnite however what's up with the Switch version being significantly easier? I usually don't play that version but lately gave it a try and I'm always guaranteed top 3 or a win in solos. It feels like cheating at this point. On Xbox I get destroyed, usually the last players left are building towers around me, but on Switch not much building ...bots?

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I'm pretty bad at Fortnite however what's up with the Switch version being significantly easier? I usually don't play that version but lately gave it a try and I'm always guaranteed top 3 or a win in solos. It feels like cheating at this point. On Xbox I get destroyed, usually the last players left are building towers around me, but on Switch not much building ...bots?
Not always, it likely takes into account your play history. Nowadays, I get lumped in with PC players which suuuuuucks on a Pro controller and Builder Pro as it just isn't as flexible as a keyboard and mouse.

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
Yea, Switch lobbies seem to be easier than Xbox, at least in my experience. Just played 3 games tonight to try and complete some challenges. Won 2 of the 3 games, and the one I didn't win, I was in the Top 5. If I try to do challenges on Xbox, it's definitely harder.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
What secret challenges are there this season?

I know there's one with dwarves, i found 3/5 of them

What else is there?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
fortnite.gg

Fortnite Interactive Map

All Spawn Locations & Battle Pass Weekly Challenges in one place with an interactive map.

Use this
That's damn cool, I just always look for 'fortnite cheat sheet' on Twitter and copy the image but this is helpful.

Up to level 95 now, not bad for taking 2 weeks off for Avengers and also spending a decent amount of time playing and finishing The Outer world's.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just hit 100 🎉 really only gunning for the silver sets now - past that we'll see.

The new Victoria Saint skin is amazing, I wish it turned using mini-shields into the vials.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished wolverine after having a match where I knocked him down only to be 3rd partied. Turning on the "make audio cues visual" has been a game changer though. Makes locating footsteps, gunfire and finding chests so much easier also.

Last edited:

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Finally finished wolverine after having a match where I knocked him down only to b e 3rd partied. Turning on the "make audio cues visual" has been a game changer though. Makes locating footsteps, gunfire and finding chests so much easier also.

Yeah I also think I might go back to that. It's a great system and more reliable than the sound.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda random: is the revolver part of the loot pool in Team Rumble?

Am I dreaming or they removed superpowers in Team Rumble?

Yes, it should be. And they didn't remove it since you only get it from drones which is based on lucks tho. Only Storm, Thor and Silver Surfer would be available in Team Rumble.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
midas is such a fucking boring design they should just let it go

Bad News: he's going to be in upcoming bundle and his costume's name is Midas Rex

qInLvNq.jpg

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interactive map is already updated btw, idk how they get that shit so fast especially the coins. Either datamining or they get fed the info by epic somehow.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Nice set of challenges this week from a glance. Storm one is meh but won't take long to do. Not a fan of the Marvel modes so thankful that Storm is in the main one and pretty common (had 3 from one Quinjet recently lol).

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the storm one got done purely by being in a squad with randoms in the Marvel Takeover mode. I didn't know those four player challenges counted random fill as party members now. They did it entirely for me in like two minutes without me being anywhere near them.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Real easy set of challenges this week. Managed to even stumble upon the orange xp coin too....

Up to 95 I think? Just got Tony. Few more levels to go. Doubt I get any of the decked out marvel skins as I kind of only stop by once or twice a week to play Fortnite right now but buying the headstart of 30 levels paid off. I'll be able to finish the pass real easy. :)

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
v14.30 was added to the staging servers , we should expect the release of this update next week.

Can't wait for those datamines

I'm predicting that we might get a bundle of Marvel characters together (Ghost Rider, Dare Devil and Venom) for a halloween since they are kinda fitting for that holiday.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
My predictions for v14.30 is Mystique as a boss in a new/old POI with the Uzis , or maybe it´s time for the Helicarrier to crash down to the island (or maybe this will only happen when Galactus arrives) .

Fortnitemares should only happen later this october with the release of v14.40.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Weird. I think Mr. Snuffleupagus was on the Switch and I could hear him but I couldn't talk to him. I was on Xbox. Anyone knows if I am missing a setting or something?

BTW normally I would have played longer but the GF wanted to watch something. 😅

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
Weird. I think Mr. Snuffleupagus was on the Switch and I could hear him but I couldn't talk to him. I was on Xbox. Anyone knows if I am missing a setting or something?

It's a bug that happens often to me, the other players in your party doesn't hear you , just restart the game and it should work fine.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination

Addi and I were with you! We played earlier with BlueScrote who was also on Xbox and also having the same issue. Good games though!

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I just skimmed this page and I feel like Fortnite has somehow become Destiny:-

Daily/weekly challenges
Secret missions and boss fights
Focus on cosmetics and loot
Tons of levelling systems
Community resources (e.g. maps, boss guides etc) are "needed" to play the game

Not saying ti's good or bad, just taken by how much similarities there are in two successful GAAS games.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination

Daily/weekly challenges

Not saying ti's good or bad, just taken by how much similarities there are in two successful GAAS games.
As a former 'hardcore' Destiny player;

I'll give you the Daily/weekly challenges, but these are a bit easier (and quicker) to complete than Destiny's.
The secret missions not so much, it's literally "Go place A, OK you did it." The Boss fights however, yup - 100% Destiny.
Cosmetics were always the name of the game, but now it's popular, there are more tie-ins so you're hearing about it more. Loot; not so much - the coins are just ways to level up that you come across whilst playing.
Levelling systems are essentially: Play the game. You get XP for a bunch of different things, though I wouldn't call them separate systems like how other GAAS handle it.
Community resources: yes - but its a big island and the age range for this game skews younger, for some kids it's their first game, so I understand if they might need guides for some things.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
This game is a great example for GaaS done right, at least in an appealing way to me

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017

Daily/weekly challenges

all the side shit is why i play lol. "okay finished a bunch of missions and.. uh... oh this battle royale i'm in has only three people left including me, guess i'll try to wi----ok i died. next mission!"

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
all the side shit is why i play lol. "okay finished a bunch of missions and.. uh... oh this battle royale i'm in has only three people left including me, guess i'll try to wi----ok i died. next mission!"
Yeah it's actually tempting me back in. I cant/won't build but I love a bit of casual shooting and an xp meter going up.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Has anyone else noticed in the saved presets menu how it looks like there is room for two more? Did they say anything about adding more slots? I'd really like more.

Status
Not open for further replies.