Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
There was also a rumor of
Chris Evans as Human Torch

But honestly I think all these rumors and hopes and speculation are just leading people to a massive expectation buildup that is going to disappoint when the actual movie arrives-like MoM. I don't expect too much craziness.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I just want something that moves the MCU forward like we got in phase 1 etc. Actual meaningful post credits stuff which hinted at plots we'd get soon, rather than cameos and shit that may never be addressed...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I just want something that moves the MCU forward like we got in phase 1 etc. Actual meaningful post credits stuff which hinted at plots we'd get soon, rather than cameos and shit that may never be addressed...

It still makes me laugh that 2 Strange 2 Shitty ended with a tease of an Incursion and Charlize Theron as Clea and we have absolutely ZERO CLUE where either of those teases are going to pay off, if at all. This whole era of the MCU is a slapdash mess.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
It still makes me laugh that 2 Strange 2 Shitty ended with a tease of an Incursion and Charlize Theron as Clea and we have absolutely ZERO CLUE where either of those teases are going to pay off, if at all. This whole era of the MCU is a slapdash mess.

Maybe in phase 6 we'll get Secret Avengers featuring White Vision, Starfox, Pip the Troll, Clea, Zeus, Skaar and lil baby Tchalla. Cover all the post credits scenes in one shot.

beat

Oct 28, 2017
By real world time, a couple of years was just the standard wait in phase 1 for something to pay off, because Marvel was only putting out a movie or so a year.

By number of projects, it's absolutely ridiculous how many projects have come and gone since most phase 4 projects without advancing anything they first teased.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
By real world time, a couple of years was just the standard wait in phase 1 for something to pay off, because Marvel was only putting out a movie or so a year.

By number of projects, it's absolutely ridiculous how many projects have come and gone since most phase 4 projects without advancing anything they first teased.

Exactly. It's like they have a water balloon gatling gun firing all these balloons straight into the air, but a bird keeps stealing them so none of them ever actually hit the ground.

i don't know where this metaphor is going, it's been an eternity of a day

beat

Oct 28, 2017
Exactly. It's like they have a water balloon gatling gun firing all these balloons straight into the air, but a bird keeps stealing them so none of them ever actually hit the ground.

i don't know where this metaphor is going, it's been an eternity of a day
I like it. Okay, so the thing is they shoot way more water balloons per year now but they're wider and wider and aren't shot any lower, so the time between setup and payoff hasn't shrunk any. And by going wider, no individual water balloon is sent to build on an earlier one.

Concretely: consider Cap 3. It was a direct sequel to Cap 2, continuing the story of Bucky. It was also an Iron Man story. AND it introduced Spider-Man and Black Panther. And it even laid a little groundwork for the Wanda/Vision arc that went through to Infinity War and then Wandavision.

DS2 was a Doctor Strange story that was also kind of a sequel to Wandavision, except it kind of wrecked Wandavision instead of paying it off. (Also, emotionally, it never felt like Strange was as broken up over Christine marrying someone else as the story needed him to be, so it had no weight and no balance to Wanda's own grief. But that's kinda separate from whether or not the studio has lost its touch at weaving things together.)

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Just saw a video showing that the Deadpool and Wolverine fight has the same choreography as the Tobey and Flash fight from the first Spider-Man.

Could it be signaling that Tobey has a cameo in Deadpool?

Sep 18, 2023
I hope the mid credit scene is Rob's feet zoomed in
tumblr_nypvebD0aH1ryhzimo2_540.gif

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
If its
Robert Downey Jr
coming back, there's absolutely no way that won't be spoiled before the movie lands.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Talking out of my ass,the big reveal is gonna be like Evans as Human Torch,Tom Cruise as Stark,or RDJ or Tobey teaming up or something like that.I doubt they bring Evans back as Cap even for a cameo with a new Cap movie starring another Cap.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
God I love this leak culture,
I know the exact thing too… it's awesome! But I won't say it… but I'll talk about it once someone else does!
Comes off as they don't actually know but want the clout

GambitPool

Nov 27, 2020
If its not a returning RDJ or Tobey, my only guess is a full on Incursion about to happen. The Fox verse is going to collapse soon and they launch an all out assault on the MCU. Majority of the actors back, even ones we weren't expecting to return. Deadpool and Wolverine are trapped in the middle uncertain if they should help or not.

Or it's Loki rounding up Deadpool/Logan for a team and there's already members on it i.e. Chris Evan's Cap or aforementioned RDJ/Tobey.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
People really learned nothing from Doctor Strange 2 believing these leakers.
But this thread is for leaks and rumors. Not that I believe them either, just posting those I find most reliable in a pool of unreliable scoopers.

If its not a returning RDJ or Tobey, my only guess is a full on Incursion about to happen. The Fox verse is going to collapse soon and they launch an all out assault on the MCU. Majority of the actors back, even ones we weren't expecting to return. Deadpool and Wolverine are trapped in the middle uncertain if they should help or not.
I want the Fox-Men to wage war against 616, thus the rumors of Avengers vs X-Men. But nah, won't happen. That pcs is probably nothing major. Or they'll "change it" late in the game lol.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they're going to call Kang "done" with Loki S2.

The Kang's stopped existing with Loki doing his thing.

God, if only. It would really be nice if they just use that as an excuse to let the Kang plot drop and focus on characters whose shtick is more interesting than "YOU BEAT ME BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER, BECAUSE THERE ARE INFINITY MORE OF ME".

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
God, if only. It would really be nice if they just use that as an excuse to let the Kang plot drop and focus on characters whose shtick is more interesting than "YOU BEAT ME BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER, BECAUSE THERE ARE INFINITY MORE OF ME".

It makes sense.

They KNOW X-Men is the hottest shit around right now. They KNOW people are excited for F4, and they KNOW that Doom is a very, very safe bet.

Besides, if they need to cash the Phoenix chip in, and we all know they will eventually, they can do it. In 5 years or so, lol. The don't NEED Kang. It was a cool idea having a multi-reality mastermind, but they probably should just let that go at this point. Marvel is good at retcons anyway.

Best possible Deadpool 3 post credit joke would be Rob Liefeld walking in and offering a deal to license super hero likeness for the in-universe comic books of their adventures.

Make Rob the editor-in-chief of MCU 616's Marvel comics company.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
But this thread is for leaks and rumors. Not that I believe them either, just posting those I find most reliable in a pool of unreliable scoopers.

There's nothing wrong with reading leakers, they are entertaining and pretty much all liars, especially the ones trying to charge their followers for leaks like Shine and Daniel RPK so they can continue being grifters.

However, any and every Marvel multiverse movie or project starting with Doctor Strange 2 has had leakers spread all kinds of bullshit about what will be in the movie that people actually buy hook line and sinker to the point where people get mad that the leaks (which were fake to begin with) weren't right!

It's cool to read and discuss random bullshit as potential things that can happen, but Im just pointing out that we've been down this road multiple times before with leakers (and even these same leakers!) and it almost always is bullshit. Fun to read bullshit, but yea.

Like it was so bad that people were going into non spoiler threads talking about their "theories" that were just regurgitating the leaks they had read.