Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
This fucking thread. Got me laughing and feeling for these singers. They had a dream and they tried. Except McCartney, he should know better.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

youtu.be

(60FPS) Ednaldo Pereira - What Is The Brother

#ednaldopereira #whatisthebrother-remoção dos artefatos de combing, redução de ruído, correção de cor e interpolação de frames, usando o todo poderoso avisyn...

since the chorus is in english i will excuse myself of posting the brazilian internet sensation of Ednaldo Pereira

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Gonna plug my friend's podcast, The Songtopsy Report, since finding bad, strange or bizarre music and deep diving on it is what they do.

The Songtopsy Report — Dapper Devil Productions

The BEST Podcast About The WORST Music. A comedy podcast that dissects the most bad, bizarre, or noteworthy music of all time.

open.spotify.com

The Songtopsy Report

Listen to The Songtopsy Report on Spotify. Have you ever heard a song that is so bad or bizarre that it’s actually amazing? The Songtopsy Report is a comedy podcast where bad music experts Nick Brigadier, Mike Russell, and Steven Trolinger explore and dissect the most bad, bizarre, or noteworthy...

If you ever wanted to know perhaps too much about slamming in the back of a Dragula.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017

This is so bad that it swings back around and becomes endearing. This is a Swedish guy born in the 50's, trying his damndest to cover Elvis Presley, despite having a fairly limited understanding of the English language and how music in general works.

Oct 27, 2017

This is so bad that it swings back around and becomes endearing. This is a Swedish guy born in the 50's, trying his damndest to cover Elvis Presley, despite having a fairly limited understanding of the English language and how music in general works.

Eilert is a national treasure. Fire Carl Gustaf into Vänern or something, and crown Eilert as king of Sweden.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH

www.youtube.com

Accidental Racist

Provided to YouTube by Arista NashvilleAccidental Racist · Brad Paisley · LL Cool JWheelhouse℗ 2013 Sony Music EntertainmentReleased on: 2013-04-09Associated...

I'm just a white man
(If you don't judge my do-rag)
Comin' to you from the southland
(I won't judge your red flag)
Tryin' to understand what it's like not to be
I'm proud of where I'm from
(If you don't judge my gold chains)
But not everything we've done
(I'll forget the iron chains)
It ain't like you and me can re-write history
(Can't re-write history baby)

Oh, Dixieland
(The relationship between the Mason-Dixon needs some fixin')
I hope you understand what this is all about
(Quite frankly I'm a black Yankee but I've been thinkin' about this lately)
I'm a son of the new south
(The past is the past, you feel me)
And I just want to make things right
(Let bygones be bygones)
Where all that's left is southern pride
(RIP Robert E. Lee but I've gotta thank Abraham Lincoln for freeing me, know what I mean)
It's real, it's real
It's truth

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018

Behold, what the Dutch entries for the songfestival looked like before we took it seriously.

edit: sorry that was the sanitized version:

skip to 1:10

Last edited:

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018

214142275_4998816490145253_7934145565677322742_n.jpg

Source

I will never get tired of this song

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
Cheek, one of the most popular Finnish mainstream rap artists, originally used to rap in English. Or "English".

Switching to Finnish would later make him popular.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the people are shit - that's how i feel
i'll smash your fucking head - that's how i'm real

chuggo is a poet

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
If I played Vitas 5th element, my gf will look at me with contempt and her daughter will run around singing bllllllllbah ah ha.

Love it lol.

MCee

Oct 28, 2017
Bay Area
YouTube, SoundCloud or soundclick back in the day are a treasure trove of awful music. Lafear is trash rap at its best.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017

Just posting this to post something. I actually kind of enjoy this version, deliberately bad singing and all.

Let's do it together.

Remind me to pick up some Apotekarnes Julmust or Påskmust at the same time. That shit ain't cheap over here in Norway 😢
Funnily enough, a couple of weeks back I spoke to a woman working at a shop nearby and she told me about a friend of hers who drinks that must all year 'round. He's apparently got some type of deal that lets him buy lots of it for a discounted price. I might ask her about it next time I see her. I tend to use whatever excuse I've got to chat a bit with her anyway.

Nov 21, 2017

IIRC, the random mumbling was supposed to be just a placeholder, until the lyrics (following the same descending melody) were written, but apparently someone said "you know what, it sounds good like that, let's release it already".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about "genuinely bad but kinda catchy"? Here's Spain Eurovision entry from 2008, "Baila el Chiki-Chiki".

For context: the singer is a character made by a comedian (David Fernández Ortiz) who worked in a popular TV show at the time. For some reason, Spain decided that the 2008 candidate should be voted via a website made in agreement with MYSPACE. No, I'm not kidding. Of course, the serious judges and candidates, (you know, actual singers/musicians) were like "You're not going to send this comedian as your actual Eurovision candidate", and the Spanish population replied "HOLD OUR BEERS AND WATCH THIS!"

And the rest, my friends, is Eurovision history. Did I mention the opening toy guitar solo was NOT part of the original song?

Oh, almost forgot: this entry finished 16th in the final contest. OUT OF 25. And since 2008, Spain has only placed higher than that 3 times.

Last edited:

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea tbh, but that channel, if it's her official one, uploaded a new video/song just two weeks ago.

I googled it. Yeah she got back lash for it and apologized, and took it down. But she didn't quit. I'm thinking of someone else I think.

Edit: if that's her official YouTube page, then lol at 39k subscribers.

rasu

Dec 22, 2017

i was (un)fortunate enough to obtain a cassette tape of this particular artist one day. there are... many more where this one comes from, but this is a pretty straight forward larry pierce classic.

Oct 27, 2017
I posted this earlier!

AHHHH!! C'MON FUCKIN' GUY!!!

I swear, until the day I die I will believe he actually says 'C'mon fuck a guy'.

Just posting this to post something. I actually kind of enjoy this version, deliberately bad singing and all.

Funnily enough, a couple of weeks back I spoke to a woman working at a shop nearby and she told me about a friend of hers who drinks that must all year 'round. He's apparently got some type of deal that lets him buy lots of it for a discounted price. I might ask her about it next time I see her. I tend to use whatever excuse I've got to chat a bit with her anyway.

Julmust is the nectar of the Gods. Seriously, I love that stuff. So good.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
And it is the same guy who gave us this too.

Funny thing, he has a milliom plus Youtube channel dedicated about talking of good music in general.

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

How it's that I never made that connection before?

Can't believe I didn't think about this song? But I guess that's a good thing, right?
The legendary song "My pal Foot Foot" by the The Shaggs

Please tell me this song is terrible on purpose.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
This song was used to prove by a radio channel's music supervisor, that any shit can be a popular hit just by enough radio play. He asked it to be played every two hours and quickly the single sold out in the music stores of the capital (the radio channel was only local then). They used a taxi to move copies from another city.

Last edited:

skaityr

Dec 11, 2017
Please tell me this song is terrible on purpose.
Best way I can describe is this quote.

Many musicians, when first exposed to the Shaggs' idiot-savant sound, compare it to what might result if you explained music to an alien species unfamiliar with the concept, and then sent them into the studio before letting them hear any actual music. Shaggs songs have no underlying chord structures, no consistent meter, no conventional phrasing, and little harmonization. It's just odd, meandering "melodies" that stumble along until singer/guitarist Dot Wiggin happens to require a breath.