9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
The concept of this film is honestly cool. I'll definitely be watching. I do worry it'll just feel like a shorter TV season. Films should have a higher level of quality.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
This honestly looks pretty good (aside from some iffy green-screen scenes). I'm a sucker for good Westerns so I really hope Costner can recapture some of his Open Range magic for these movies.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, it's a while I saw a good western movie and Kevin Costner. usually good in those.

OP
OP
DinkyDev

DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
Reviews coming out from Cannes.

www.theguardian.com

Horizon: An American Saga – Chapter 1: Costner casts himself as wildly desirable cowboy

Costner writes, directs and stars alongside Sienna Miller and Sam Worthington in a big vain slog up familiar old west alleys

Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1 movie review (2024) | Roger Ebert

A slow build of intersecting stories that takes so long to get going that Costner doesn’t even appear on screen until an hour in.
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Horizon: An American Saga — Chapter One’ Review: Kevin Costner Gets Thrown From His Horse in Muddled Western Epic

The director stars alongside Sienna Miller, Sam Worthington, Jena Malone and Luke Wilson in the opener of a quartet of films about the settlement of the American West.
deadline.com

‘Horizon: An American Saga’ Review: Kevin Costner’s Chapter 1 (Of 4) Sets Stage For Epic Story Of American West And Its Complicated History – Cannes Film Festival

A review of 'Horizon: An American Saga' from star/director/writer/producer Kevin Costner telling the story of early settlers in the American West.
www.telegraph.co.uk

Horizon: An American Saga, review: Director Kevin Costner may have just invented granddad cinema

The film is earnest yet hopeful, with crisply drawn characters - but perhaps its full grandeur won’t be fully realised until part two
www.thewrap.com

'Horizon: An American Saga' Review: Kevin Costner's Western

Cannes 2024: The first of a projected four movies is a corny, rousing epic for people who say they don't make 'em like that anymore
www.screendaily.com

‘Horizon: An American Saga’: Cannes Review

The first part of Kevin Costner's over-stuffed Western epic rides into Cannes

www.rottentomatoes.com

Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1 | Rotten Tomatoes

Families, friends and foes discover the lure of the Old West as the Civil War divides the country.
www.metacritic.com

Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1

In the great tradition of Warner Bros. Pictures’ iconic Westerns, Horizon: An American Saga explores the lure of the Old West and how it was won—and lost—through the blood, sweat and tears of many. Spanning the four years of the Civil War, from 1861 to 1865, Costner’s ambitious cinematic...

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Not looking good, but there are so few Western and Historical epics in theaters, I'll be there.

MyDudeMango

Jul 17, 2021
Canada
I sorta wonder if they'll drop 'An American Saga' from international releases. Usually taglines that focus on american-ness get dropped outside of the US. (To look to other westerns, Geronimo: An American Legend had its subtitle dropped internationally for example.)

Anyhoo, I'll prolly be there. I'm a sucker for long 'boring' westerns lol.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
In
like Costner. Loved Dances With Wolves.
He knows westerns.
plus $20 mil of his own money, tip of the hat.

But no word/ funding for Parts 3 and 4?
I guess 1 and 2 have to do well enough for the rest?
Hope he bundled in streaming revenue.

Edit; interwebs (Deadline) reporting Costner to start filming Part 3, before 1 and 2 even released.
Up to $98 million of his own $
"I don't need 4 homes, my kids will have to live their own lives."
I like it.

Jeffolation

Shinra Employee
Oct 30, 2017
Caught the trailer last night and didn't realize this was going to be a part one of four. Costner is aiming...very high here.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This is supposed to be 4 parts? I thought it was only going to be 2. Guess they need the funds from the first 2 to film the rest?

I mean it looks amazing but Id rather wait until the whole story is out to watch.

Tack

Oct 30, 2017
This is a 1.85:1 aspect ratio film so plan your theater visit accordingly. I saw Challengers on a 2.35:1 screen and the top and bottom were cut off.