• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
ContractHolder

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
It's an entirely logical assumption, why would NBCUniversal and ViacomCBS want to host their content on a competitors platform when they can bolster their own streaming services?

Universal literally just made deals with Netflix and Amazon for their content a month or two ago. They care more about licensing money than their streaming service.

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
I've been debating about doing the bundle. If I move to it, do I then cancel my existing Hulu sub?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Just in time for the new fall season of shows!

Ugh.

Personally, I have Hulu (no ads) plus HBO Max as an add-on (with live HBO), totaling $26/month. It also greatly helps that I have friends and family members with other subscription services we all share amongst each other, so it hurts less. But I still don't like it.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Didn't universal just sign a deal with netflix?

Universal literally just made deals with Netflix and Amazon for their content a month or two ago. They care more about licensing money than their streaming service.

I was aware of the Universal and Amazon Prime Video deal but I didn't realise there was also a Universal and Netflix deal. I suppose Universal care about about maximising viewership of their content as opposed to just keeping things in-house.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I just did it today. You switch to the bundle on Disney's site.
Then on the Account page there is a link to login to Hulu and once you do that it will switch it over for you/do all the necessary things.
I did just this but don't see any reference to the changes on Hulu. 🤷‍♂️ Really hope that when I did the linking I don't lose the ad free.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see a reference either but I did a support chat with Hulu and they confirmed it was linked.
I just got an email showing me the charges and there's no additional fee for ad free Hulu and even mentions Hulu (ad-supported) in the list of subscriptions so not really sure what I did wrong. Might make more sense to got the opposite way and subscribe through Hulu.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
So you can do a bundle now with add free? What if you have a bundle now, can you upgrade it? A friend has the Disney/Hulu bundle through Verizon but it's ad supported. Wondering if he can use that and upgrade to ad-free.

Personally I don't mind an extra dollar. At least they aren't charging 18 bucks like Netflix is for 4K.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
So you can do a bundle now with add free? What if you have a bundle now, can you upgrade it? A friend has the Disney/Hulu bundle through Verizon but it's ad supported. Wondering if he can use that and upgrade to ad-free.

Personally I don't mind an extra dollar. At least they aren't charging 18 bucks like Netflix is for 4K.
Allegedly you can but I must have done something wrong cause I tried to and it didn't work. 🤷‍♂️

Re: Netflix, their 4K is trash and I'm considering downgrading. Just awful bitrate.