• No

Votes: 195 41.2%

• Total voters

Stavo

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 26, 2022
Brazil
Nope.

He doesn't have his serum so he has no way to beat him.
Yup. Yup, yup, yup.
Without Wesker overdosing on PG67A/W, Chris and Sheva wouldn't have been able to defeat him, and Wesker wouldn't have resorted to using Uroboros to try and kill them.
So, no. Leon would have no chance.
I highly hope Capcom change the super human The Matrix-level bs Wesker from RE5 in the remake. That was just comically stupid.
Aside from the trench coat, Matrix Wesker was already a thing.
Capcom made that a thing in CODE: Veronica first - slow-mo included - then made it even worse in CODE: Veronica X and just added a trench coat in 5.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Leon absolutely would not have been able to handle Wesker in RE4.

Remember, Wesker is almost always fucking around when it comes to Chris (and the one time it seemed that he was about to legit kill him, Jill had to tackle him off of a cliff) and Chris needed to force Wesker to OD on his serum for him to even truly stand a chance. This is the same boulder-punching Chris and Leon didn't have feats like that yet.

Now Leon from RE6 and the CG movies though, yeah, he could take Wesker by then. Chris and Leon were virtually metahumans by that point

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Leon absolutely would not have been able to handle Wesker in RE4.

Remember, Wesker is almost always fucking around when it comes to Chris (and the one time it seemed that he was about to legit kill him, Jill had to tackle him off of a cliff) and Chris needed to force Wesker to OD on his serum for him to even truly stand a chance. This is the same boulder-punching Chris and Leon didn't have feats like that yet.

Now Leon from RE6 and the CG movies though, yeah, he could take Wesker by then. Chris and Leon were virtually metahumans by that point

How were they metahuman?

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
b87c58fbf145bddddaf831b6b1438fa2_w200.gif
😂

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
Aside from the trench coat, Matrix Wesker was already a thing.
Capcom made that a thing in CODE: Veronica first - slow-mo included - then made it even worse in CODE: Veronica X and just added a trench coat in 5.
We didn't see him dodging bullets and catching rockets with bare hands like straight out of a cartoon.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
How were they metahuman?

Leon pried a zombie shark's mouth open with just his legs in RE6.

Chris was taking blows from two Tyrant-like monsters in Vendetta who were casually punching through concrete

Leon fist fought with a woman in Death Island who was having more trouble putting a dent on Leon than she was punching through stone pillars and machinery

Chris and Leon have been *thrown* into concrete walls at full force and just walked it off

Chris at one point (I think it was the 7 DLC) reached into a vat of liquid nitrogen with his hand without much issues

Chris somehow walked off being shot in the back at point blank by several rounds of a pistol at the beginning of Vendetta with just a normal vest

They ain't human

Stavo

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 26, 2022
Brazil
We didn't see him dodging bullets and catching rockets with bare hands like straight out of a cartoon.
Yet we saw him tackling Chris before he could even aim his weapon at him; he ran on walls, in slow-motion, while dodging Alexia's blood-flames, in order to punch her in the face (god, I hate the CVX additions) and even getting flames on himself at points.

Also, he doesn't even get scratched by Chris hitting him in the face with an iron pipe, or having a bunch of construction beams dropped on his head. All the while using his Matrix-esque movement.

And Wesker was a cartoony villain in CV already. My dude just drops Chris once he hears Alexia laughing over an intercom and immediately goes "Alexia? :o"

Just FYI: you quoted the wrong person.

keyrodi

Feb 19, 2018
Chris did so Leon could, yeah

EDIT: Oh wait, Leon doesn't have the serum hmm. I bet Ada would hook him up with something to weaken him, I bet.

MimosaSTG

Jun 7, 2022
... I mean Yes? He's the main character in the game... why would he not have been able to handle him?

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
lol, Wesker is like the only one with a brain in the series. Hadn't Wesker been recently strengthened by the Veronica virus? Yeah, Leon wouldn't stand a chance.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
I appreciate all of the metatextual analysis in this thread that anyone could win depending on what the writer prefers and that the text is able to support either way, and sort of by convention the protag would be able to handle whatever you think up anyway. This is of course, generally true though, but not often what you see in your typical " could character win against character" in-universe debates though. So it's interesting it is happening so much here!

Ry.

AVALANCHE
Oct 10, 2021
the planet Zebes
Leon is the main protagonist, he could beat 10 Weskers that were each all 10 times more powerful than the current Wesker. This is a silly poll.

Unless Capcom wants to make a game where you get to the end and lose to the badguy, that would be a pretty baller move actually haha.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I know Wesker wasn't the main antagonist (or even a boss fight) in Code Veronica, but he still whooped Chris' ass and got away with the T-Veronica Virus via Steve's body.

For the RE 4 scenario

*Leon Wipes out Saddler*

*Wesker enters*

The two duke it out. Wesker stomps Leon, snatches the Plagas sample, and bounces.

An example of Wesker winning without Leon needing to win for the sake of the plot.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Chris and Sheva's partnership is what did in Wesker when he was arrogantly trying to solo everyone. So Leon isn't going to 1v1 Wesker. Teamwork makes the dream work.

Jun 5, 2023
While true, it still shows the intention for the character from Capcom.

Besides, Wesker infecting himself and becoming a badass is canon.

_4VwxF.gif

I can't wait to fight this in RE:5.
🤣 This looks so dumb and over the top. It's also perfect for Wesker. Resident Evil is a lot of things, I just prefer the batshit insane stuff over everything else. I don't want to be scared I want to shoot a monster man in a Volcano with an RPG from a moving helicopter. It's a delicate balance because Resident Evil 6 ruined it. Everything can't be crazy or the crazy stuff just won't hit right.

View: https://youtu.be/UHk7iMESM7s?si=VoLedhK115PXleaC

This is dumb, but I love it.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Wesker got taken out by a one-off side character as is. He can be taken out by whoever the narrative decides the protagonist is however they see fit.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The protagonists only live in the RE games because Wesker allows it. He's only comic-book villain stupid because the writers demand it. If this is a Death Battle of course Leon loses, but in game Wesker loses to Leon and Ada and maybe the wolf pup, just like Saddler.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
🤣 This looks so dumb and over the top. It's also perfect for Wesker. Resident Evil is a lot of things, I just prefer the batshit insane stuff over everything else. I don't want to be scared I want to shoot a monster man in a Volcano with an RPG from a moving helicopter. It's a delicate balance because Resident Evil 6 ruined it. Everything can't be crazy or the crazy stuff just won't hit right.

View: https://youtu.be/UHk7iMESM7s?si=VoLedhK115PXleaC

This is dumb, but I love it.

Yes.

Action RE > Horror RE.

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
I appreciate all of the metatextual analysis in this thread that anyone could win depending on what the writer prefers and that the text is able to support either way, and sort of by convention the protag would be able to handle whatever you think up anyway. This is of course, generally true though, but not often what you see in your typical " could character win against character" in-universe debates though. So it's interesting it is happening so much here!

It's mostly that Resident Evil as a narrative has evolved to operate like that in a way that is just... Extremely transparent, to put it politely.

Realistically, there's no way in hell Leon or Chris or most of the other protagonists should be able to defeat Wesker or any of the other ubber monsters that serve as the typical bosses of your average Resident Evil game.

But they do, often for no other real reason than "because they're the player character" or "because the narrative of the game/movie contorts to allow it".

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, because it's a videogame and by definition you can beat anyone who fights you.

Spagward

Apr 24, 2024
Did Wesker have any weaknesses at this point in the timeline? It's been awhile but I remember him being fairly uncontested besides not liking bright lights until he was exposed to Uroborous. Like, I'm pretty sure nobody does anything of consequence to him in Code Veronica. It's not like Chris beat him.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
Considering it took a bath in lava to finish off Wesker, I'm gunna say no.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Did Wesker have any weaknesses at this point in the timeline? It's been awhile but I remember him being fairly uncontested besides not liking bright lights until he was exposed to Uroborous. Like, I'm pretty sure nobody does anything of consequence to him in Code Veronica. It's not like Chris beat him.
He did.

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People don't remember what kind of man Wesker was since it's been so long. He's built different. Krauser is weak sauce compared to Wesker

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
Yet we saw him tackling Chris before he could even aim his weapon at him; he ran on walls, in slow-motion, while dodging Alexia's blood-flames, in order to punch her in the face (god, I hate the CVX additions) and even getting flames on himself at points.

Also, he doesn't even get scratched by Chris hitting him in the face with an iron pipe, or having a bunch of construction beams dropped on his head. All the while using his Matrix-esque movement.

And Wesker was a cartoony villain in CV already. My dude just drops Chris once he hears Alexia laughing over an intercom and immediately goes "Alexia? :o"

Just FYI: you quoted the wrong person.
But he dodges bullets, including assault rifle shots when you fight against him in RE5, and he can stop rockets with his bare hands dead in its track. Sure, CV was goofy as fuck with how they did Wesker, but they doubled down on it on RE5 and turned it into Looney Tunes level of stupidity with this character.

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
Leon would lose Chris only survived cause Wesker had a personal vendetta against him leading to his downfall.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
re4 leon is an 80's action hero who fights zombies and horror movie monster level things and has 80's action hero level of plot armor

so of course he finds a way.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beating him in RE5 was literally a team effort, unless Ada decided to help him he would Probably be sol