delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Here's the Github source code:

github.com

GitHub - keijiro/AIShader: ChatGPT-powered shader generator for Unity

ChatGPT-powered shader generator for Unity. Contribute to keijiro/AIShader development by creating an account on GitHub.

Having AI do the work for you in creating shaders, simple or complex, will help save development time. Perhaps, Idle and Simulation games will become much more interesting, as the text you write, or any emergent gameplay arises, will help create unique shader effects.

What are your opinions on this?

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Very cool, for those that aren't familiar with scripting curious how hard this would be to mess around with. I'd love to make a custom shader based on the mega bezel stuff you see in retroarch.

Chrono78

Mar 21, 2018
OpenAI is awesome! Been messing around with ChatGPT and it really is the next big thing.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
AI (like ChatGPT) really is revolutionizing the software development industry. I have integrated it into my workflow and now I can't go back

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
Very cool, for those that aren't familiar with scripting curious how hard this would be to mess around with. I'd love to make a custom shader based on the mega bezel stuff you see in retroarch.
You need to have some basic understanding of programming to use those tools as some code generated by AI is flat out wrong and doesn't compile or integrate well with the project you're working on. If you have basic understanding of things then it's a game changer

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
The only thing I've used ChatGPT for was to come up with a name for a Sudowoodo evolution. Eventually I got it to generate "Fauxliage".

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
You need to have some basic understanding of programming to use those tools as some code generated by AI is flat out wrong and doesn't compile or integrate well with the project you're working on. If you have basic understanding of things then it's a game changer

Yeah its about time I learned some basic programming as long as I've been into this hobby. Gotta start somewhere I suppose.

The only thing I've used ChatGPT for was to come up with a name for a Sudowoodo evolution. Eventually I got it to generate "Fauxliage".

lol, only thing I've used it for is for script treatment ideas and midjourney prompt generation, which its surprisingly good at when you give it the right set of instructions and examples to go off.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
That little GIF shows it do something really simple, that I can't imagine anyone would ever actually want to do, and produce a result that is looks low quality (seems heavily aliased, maybe compression?), pity you can't actually see what the code looks like.

In principle this seems like it could be very powerful but I can also imagine people getting into a huge mess if it's not operated someone that could write the code themselves.