• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I remember driving home from a late night at work a few years back, and hearing Diving Woman start up on the radio just as I was pulling out of the parking garage and just vibing.

Had a few of their songs on rotation ever since.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Nice to see people not sleeping on them! Michelle has put out a book calles "Crying at H Mart" about her experiences about an Asian-American growing up at a time where the only Asian culture she knew was stuff from Japan, and how she connected through her Korean mother, who died of colon cancer.

ferma

Oct 27, 2017
La Jolla
traditional-japanese-breakfast-2030063-ADD-FINAL-V4-e3201988eda94df39b6d611107db9a76.png
There was a place near me which used to serve Japanese breakfast. My wife and I loved it. The place is still there but now focus on yakitori service. Disappointed but hopeful it will come back post Covid.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

What does your dad eat for breakfast?

I have just a simple question for you today! What does your dad eat for breakfast? Mine eats the same thing every morning - eggs! He scrambles them and eats them with either salsa or ketchup. Salt and pepper too, of course. But he eats that every morning! What does yours eat and does he cook...

Steamlord

Oct 26, 2017
Love her. Seeing her with Mitski and Jay Som was an awesome experience.

She also used to be in the great indie rock/pop-punk band Little Big League, so check them out if you're looking for more stuff from her.

TimeDevourer

Feb 24, 2018
Literally thought about making the same thread today! I also recently got into her music and I'm OBSESSED with Jubilee. Not a single skip, and I usually listen to Be Sweet about 5343 times before moving on lol. Just makes me want to DANCE!

My friend actually suggested her to me years ago…I gave a listen to her first album but couldn't get into it. Going to go back and see if the other 2 albums click for me now.

Oct 27, 2017

Love me some J Brekkie! "Posing in Bondage" off the new record has been my jam lately - also I just weirdly realized the location in this shoot is right down the street from my house.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Yep they're great and their new stuff is top notch. I'd love to see them live when they start touring again.

The Libertine

Oct 29, 2017

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I came in here to say exactly this, Little Big League are amazing. Michelle is a wonderful artist, both bands are so good.
She is great. Made him happy to see the Japanese Breakfast post here. When LBL ended and she came out with Japanese Breakfast I was like.. this is different but I dig it a lot. Truly a talented person.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah she's incredibile and the new album is amazing, Paprika is probably my favorite song of the year so far.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Uh, this matches up a lot with what I was often served during my 2-week trip to Japan.
you might have been getting the 'traditional breakfast' but that's like thinking most americans eat this for breakfast
Depositphotos_62790683_xl-2015-1024x683.jpg

Yes we've all had it before, and if we have guests we might make something like that, but monday morning before work im not cooking fuckin pancakes, AND eggs, AND bacon, AND texas toast, AND sausage links, AND grits etc etc

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
you might have been getting the 'traditional breakfast' but that's like thinking most americans eat this for breakfast
Depositphotos_62790683_xl-2015-1024x683.jpg

Yes we've all had it before, and if we have guests we might make something like that, but monday morning before work im not cooking fuckin pancakes, AND eggs, AND bacon, AND texas toast, AND sausage links, AND grits etc etc
If I wasn't such a lazy ass I would have this every morning, actually. lol

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Finally got a chance to check out Jubilee and it was great from start to finish, gonna have to check out more Japanese Breakfast.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao that's not even what people in Japan eat for breakfast. That so perfectly fits the fake foreign mystique articles that you'll find in every home design or food magazine.
My parents in law would typically have something very similar to that. The scrambled egg thing on the bottom left, aji, miso soup, etc... Of course there were times when fruit (persimmon or strawberries would be added in), but it's fairly common. I suspect for younger people it's much less common, but it's the traditional breakfast in the same way that bacon, eggs, and hash browns are in the US. That doesn't mean everyone does it, but it does mean it's common.