• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
Halloween has better parties than NYE. It also has none of the required family baggage of Christmas.

Its my favourite for sure.

Rabbit

Feb 24, 2018
Hard agree. I love everything about it from the decorations, candy, weather, specials, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Halloween is just great tbh
  • It has zero fireworks
  • The season in my area is my favorite
  • People are encouraged to dress up in fun costumes
  • Zero fireworks
  • Lots of fun community stuff for kids and adults (trick or treating, house decorations, etc)
  • No greeting cards
  • Best holiday movie sub-genre

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is Halloween geolocked to certain parts of the earth

Where do you live that Halloween is considered a major holiday and it's not in the fall? I'm not American myself but I'm from a Western country and they're trying to make it a thing, but they've been trying my whole life and it's still nothing like it is in the U.S.

OP
OP
fluffydelusions
Oct 25, 2017
Where do you live that Halloween is considered a major holiday and it's not in the fall? I'm not American myself but I'm from a Western country and they're trying to make it a thing, but they've been trying my whole life and it's still nothing like it is in the U.S.
If I weren't American, Halloween is the only American Holiday I'd be cool with participating in. I think it's big in Canada too but I'm not 100% certain on that.

bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
No lies detected, also fuck 4th of July due to the weeks of people setting off fireworks

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a kid it's ok.

For adults it's just used as an excuse to party and drink.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
Last year my partner and I decided to start Halloween fun early and decorated in August lol. We watched so many more horror movies than usual and bought multiple costumes even though we couldn't go anywhere due to covid

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
halloween is the last defense against the ever encroaching march of Christmas backward through the year

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
We're aware. Fall is the best season. Halloween is the best holiday.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
If I weren't American, Halloween is the only American Holiday I'd be cool with participating in. I think it's big in Canada too but I'm not 100% certain on that.
Just as big in Canada, but it's also a thing I noticed that changes drastically depending on the neighborhood. As a kid it was huge, but that same neighborhood now is full of old poeple who's kids have moved and started families elsewhere.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Outside the US its a children's holiday. Its celebrated by anyone under 10. Some colleges may run something but mine didn't.

I place where I work sold halloween costumes, they bought 30, 5 years later they still have 20.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Halloween is whack nowadays. Doesn't help it's a holiday you don't even get the day off from work for. Most people here don't even show any Halloween spirit.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
If you're American sure I guess......but it never stops amusing me when Americans think Halloween is some huge holiday outside the USA when it isn't at all in a lot of places. I've never in my adult life had a single person do trick or treating at my house or seen anyone do so. At most there may be a party for some people these days where they dress up and stuff but it's a barely recognised thing here and that's more about just having a get together with others more than anything else. Despite stores trying to turn it into a thing every year to get in on that mass consumer spending train the usa ones are able to get in on. All that seems to happen is they buy a bunch of random chocolate and costumes etc that don't get sold and end up on deep discount every year even before the day is over because no one really buys them. Which is about the only good thing that comes from it, the fact I can buy a bunch of chocolate for discounts because of an attempt to make a manufactured holiday a big thing here.

It also doesn't help Halloween that people outright find the idea of people knocking on your door at night asking for stuff annoying as fuck, kids or otherwise, a lot of people here don't want people banging on their doors at night at any point. Also doesn't help that we have other occasions around the same date that are more widely celebrated here which other places don't celebrate so Halloween is just ignored for the most part and often seen as "an American thing" (origins or not it definitely is a more American thing now) when stores try and make it a huge deal over here. It's been 20+ years since I noticed them trying and it still isn't happening but they won't stop trying.

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Oh without a doubt I love Halloween. The movies, the parties, the costumes all of it. It actually originated here in Ireland too so that helps.

JonnyTorso

Nov 2, 2017
MN
Halloween is incredible. Fun costumes, horror movies are amazing, goth clubs are at their best. Nothing but love for Halloween.

Oh also my wife and I got married on Halloween and it in itself was a costume party where we played goth music in a mansion we rented out.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I never celebrate it, but this year I have my new Friday the 13th blu ray box set ready.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Halloween's gotten annoying ever since people started making it a months-long thing imo. On September 1st last year I saw people saying "we're entering SpOoKy SzN" and I wanted to tell them to shut up

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
On July 5th, millions of kids start bugging their parents about Halloween each and every year. Some are coloring pumpkins as we speak. Its like the moment the fourth of July is over it becomes all about Halloween to them.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
It's a fun holiday. I don't know if I would say its the best but there's a nice atmosphere around that time of the year.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it off of work, so it's not.

I get two days off for Thanksgiving, so it's the best by default.

Worldwide, it's probably still Christmas.