• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
ew.com

An exclusive look at 47 of fall 2021's new and returning shows

Check out new photos and details on Hawkeye, Dexter: New Blood, Cowboy Bebop, and more shows coming to your screens this fall.

Hit Monkey debuts on Hulu on November 17, starring Jason Sudeikis

Revenge can be sweet — and sometimes fuzzy. Based on the Marvel comic and created by Josh Gordon and Will Speck, this darkly comedic series follows a Japanese snow macaque whose clan meets a stranded hitman, Bryce (Jason Sudeikis), and nurses him back to health. But when Bryce bites the dust, it's up to the titular simian (guided by Bryce's ghost) to follow in his assassin footsteps and seek vengeance. "He's a character who is violent and temperamental but also deeply wounded and innocent," says Gordon.

Thought the Marvel TV-U was dead? Think again! Jeph Loeb's hand still reigns supreme.

I have a lot of questions about how this and MODOK would have fit together back when they were supposed to crossover or if they substantially shifted from conception. Though merging 2D animation and stop motion could have been very fun.

Last edited:

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I'm pretty sure HitMonkey was the last show in development at Marvel TV before it was absorbed by Marvel Studios.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this got canned alongside Tigra & Dazzler and Howard the Duck.
no, those two got canned and MODOK and Hit-Monkey were still going ahead at that point

that said, that was well over a year ago and AFAIK nobody at Hulu or Marvel had breathed a word about Hit-Monkey until now, so I'd assumed it'd been canned more quietly

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Is this it for the ordered Marvel Television projects before it dissolved, or is there still another?

OP
OP
OrangeAtlas

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
no, those two got canned and MODOK and Hit-Monkey were still going ahead at that point

that said, that was well over a year ago and AFAIK nobody at Hulu or Marvel had breathed a word about Hit-Monkey until now, so I'd assumed it'd been canned more quietly

One of the Hulu heads talked pretty vaguely about the future of Marvel on Hulu and the MODOK showrunner more directly mentioned seeing Hit-Monkey footage recently so we knew it was still somewhat on the way.

Is this it for the ordered Marvel Television projects before it dissolved, or is there still another?

In terms of new series I think this is it, though MODOK is still technically in limbo and could theoretically get a season 2.

(Seriously that was NOT a show that needed to end on a major cliffhanger)

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I, for one, welcome our new Marvel adult comedy shows overlords. Seriously, after MODOK I can't get enough of this.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017