• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
To be honest DQ11 did underperform on 3DS.
You can say 3DS was on its "twilight years" already, but it didn't stop Pokemon USUM to sell well.

Oh it totally underperformed on 3DS. I said so a few posts up. I still pin this on SE for not launching earlier if the goal was to match old titles. Obviously DQ9 was out of the question but 7 and 8 is on them. Maybe the plan is to make it up in the west but I feel like its an ill advised plan.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Nothing is preventing you from discussing Xeno 2 on its own, but comparing it to MHW is completely nonsensical. The two games don't share anything in common whatsoever
I wasn't comparing anything. Just saying that people are really keen to keep talking about how MHW is disappointing even though it sold well, but when I wanted to talk about Xenoblade 2 being disappointing even though it sold well, there was an aggressive push back to even have that discussion here.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just asking you to post proof at this point. I can't be any clearly than "show me engagement numbers so we can be on the same page"
But I thought we were on the same page? Or has your position swung back again?

Interesting how everyone is so keen on discussing how MHW might be disappointing for various reasons, but when I tried to bring up that Xenoblade 2 is not the success it should be in Japan and brought up interesting points I was told to shut up and that I was expecting too much etc.
*shrugs*

I think XB2 underperformed in Japan too. The entire series has imo.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
MHW's legs in Japan were fine since it sold to everyone who had a PS4 and wanted Monster Hunter.

Its legs in the West have been ehhh so far.

I'm pretty sure that investors were more sad about the western legs.
It's never about legs, especially when the game already shipped 8m ww, which was already a big success. The problem with mhw is simpler than most people in this thread think, it lacks gaas.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh it totally underperformed on 3DS. I said so a few posts up. I still pin this on SE for not launching earlier if the goal was to match old titles. Obviously DQ9 was out of the question but 7 and 8 is on them. Maybe the plan is to make it up in the west but I feel like its an ill advised plan.

The plan was that Horii wanted to play DQ11 on a home console and PS4 games take a long time to make.

I mean, creative desires matter a lot. It's not like Nintendo keeps devoting EPD resources that could go to Animal Crossing or Zelda to Pikmin because they think that's a good financial decision.

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't comparing anything. Just saying that people are really keen to keep talking about how MHW is disappointing even though it sold well, but when I wanted to talk about Xenoblade 2 being disappointing even though it sold well, there was an aggressive push back to even have that discussion here.
Well I didn't see any of that, but I'd probably attribute that to expectations being much higher for MHW while Xeno is still a fairly niche franchise in people's eyes

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What a trainwreck this thread have been.O_O You guys now are more interested is doing cheapshot on the same old tired talk than even talking about the sales lol.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
The investors! They literally pointed to that as a reason for their lowered confidence in Capcom and the stock price dropping. Are you reading anything that's being said aside from a handful of words?

The report said:

"Although cumulative sales volume is growing steadily, we get the impression the popularity of Monster Hunter is dying down six months after its release," the report read.

I don't understand where that points to poor legs. That says that it's selling fine but they don't feel it's long term sustainable. That statement and what a bunch of people are saying are not the same thing. The games popularity dying down can be attributed to a lot of factors. But legs themselves seem to be fine. Capcom hasn't shared any engagement numbers but without a content roll out plan it's basically impossible for us to judge whether the game lost enthusiasm due to being a flash in the pan or if Capcom's lack of transparency (imagine that) is hurting perception

But I thought we were on the same page? Or has your position swung back again?

You're just being disingenuous now so I'm out. Waste of time.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Well I didn't see any of that, but I'd probably attribute that to expectations being much higher for MHW while Xeno is still a fairly niche franchise in people's eyes
But it's not a case of people not being interested in a discussion because it's a niche game. It's people not wanting to entertain the thought that it could have sold well given what it was, and still be a disappointment because it could have done much better given the circumstances and quality. It feels like this "it did really well worldwide, Japan isn't everything" standard exists when people don't want to talk about how a game is doing significantly less in Japan compared to the rest of the world, but doesn't exist anymore when sometimes the same people want to critique how bad a game is doing in Japan. I find it bad form for the discussion quality in these threads. They used to be a lot more interesting to post in.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
I know right. It's crazy to me how this thread is going. No wonder some of the other members are not a fan of the media create threads here.
Since Media Create threads are heavily moderated they become a tough place for trolls and jokers, at the old forum and this. It's expected they have many supporters but also many haters because of that.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
You're just being disingenuous now so I'm out. Waste of time.
Let's do one of those recaps you're so fond of. You're asking for hard engagement numbers to prove my anecdontal obsevation, so you can "get on the same page" for something you (now) agree already with. And I'm the one being disingenuous. Bye!

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
What a trainwreck this thread have been.O_O You guys now are more interested is doing cheapshot on the same old tired talk than even talking about the sales lol.

I don't get the point of posts like this. If you bring something to the discussion (something that isn't MH, I'm done with that topic going forward) I'll gladly talk about it.

The plan was that Horii wanted to play DQ11 on a home console and PS4 games take a long time to make.

I mean, creative desires matter a lot. It's not like Nintendo keeps devoting EPD resources that could go to Animal Crossing or Zelda to Pikmin because they think that's a good financial decision.

I agree with you. I don't think the plan was "do better than DQ games in the past" when they picked PS4 as a platform. I was just saying "if" it was that then they gravely miscalculated.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Who would win:

Decades of data
Updates from major retail chains
Cool pictures from silpheed-mcd
Detailed hardware and software numbers weekly from 3 different outlets
New retail games every week

vs.

MHW

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MHW sales in Japan I think went beyond capcom's expectations as they commented on their surprise on its success in Japan.
Are people actually discussing Japanese sales for MHW?

Because I'm like 95% sure the stock drop was caused by MHW not having long-term great sales in America and Europe and yet people keep bringing up the stock drop.
You're wrong.
Aquamarine provided information in the stock thread that showed their response as being reasoned and going far beyond just reacting to monster hunter world.
MHW's rampant success has been priced into Capcom stock. Anything less than absolutely stellar performance will result in revised models.

The other thing about Capcom that worries investors has been recent impairment charges that total close to 9 billion JPY...they were hidden by MHW profits in Q4. Investors are concerned that Capcom will suffer further write-downs, especially when the revenue tail of MHW is weaker than expected.
Capcom as a business has its struggles.

They recently accumulated a bunch of debt:

DH04X0C.png

(column is in millions of JPY)

They booked a whole bunch of impairment charges related to underwhelming performances (relative to their expectations) in games like Marvel vs Capcom, Dragon's Dogma, MHW post-launch depreciation, Resident Evil 7, and their pachislot / pachinko business.

And, they've struggled to grow their mobile business into a huge success like some of their competitors (Namco Bandai, Square Enix).

They're in a bit of an identity crisis right now and they're trying to orient themselves towards a sustainable and growing future off of the rampant success of MHW. I wouldn't say they're "in danger," but they're also not as healthy as they've been in the past.

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
That's what happens when you launch on a system in itd twilight years and a system that had a single barely million seller. The result is SE's fault more so than the PS4 or 3DS's

What SQEX were doing was like releasing Resident Evil on PS1 and Resident Evil Remake GC for the the first time the same day, that this will affect consumers is obvious. Part of the Nintendo audience also knew about the announced Switch version and opted to wait, it's not like they knew it would take them an eternity to port.

People really love to put the DQ11 games together, but DQ11 3DS and DQ11 PS4 are two different games, both selling worse than previos titles by a very big margin, that the premium game on PS4 sold clearly worse than the afterthought and low budget 3DS game, was due to PS4 beeing a weak system in Japan.

Oct 26, 2017
Investors are concerned that Capcom will suffer further write-downs, especially when the revenue tail of MHW is weaker than expected.

................................................................................................................................................................................................

.................................................................................................

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't get the point of posts like this. If you bring something to the discussion (something that isn't MH, I'm done with that topic going forward) I'll gladly talk about it.

I mean. MHW had been talked till dead. I don't even think there is anything to talk about it anymore. We see its legs is lesser in Japan vs older MH series. We also know now MHW is the best selling and the most successful gamble Cac had ever taken after so much lacklustre effort for their recent title. For the stocks dropping, i am always the one who believe that stocks is not all in all important. As stocks is fickle by nature. There is so much outside nature that can caused a company stocks price to drop and sometimes it does not come from the company itself.

On, Xeno 2. Again. What do we even need to talk about the title sales power anymore? We know it opened okay in Japan, it then had much better legs for its genre in Japan and sold quite well. Based on the WW shipment sales data, it already exceed all Xeno series sales record. Based on the interview record, we know that Xeno 2 is not fully budgeted like AAA games but more like AA games but in this case, with even more outsourcing as many of Monolith Soft workforce is busy helping BoTW. I hardly can see the title being considered a disappointment in sales considering all its circumstances. On quality? Who knows. It all depends on taste but considering ERA reaction. It is between the best game ever to the worst game ever that its existence is disgraceful.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really intend for this to spiral like this. I didn't even know "legs" for MHW was a contentious topic.

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
................................................................................................................................................................................................

.................................................................................................

They booked a whole bunch of impairment charges related to underwhelming performances (relative to their expectations) in games like Marvel vs Capcom, Dragon's Dogma, MHW post-launch depreciation, Resident Evil 7, and their pachislot / pachinko business.

And, they've struggled to grow their mobile business into a huge success like some of their competitors (Namco Bandai, Square Enix).
I can bold it if you need as well ;)

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
MHW sales were never disappointing. Those are just absurd post release expectations. The only reason investors care so much about MHW poor post release legs is because almost every single major release by Capcom for the past 2 years has underperformed relative to expectations which puts MHW under extra scrutiny to over perform to make up for this. In isolation MHW was smashing success by all accounts. .

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
What SQEX were doing was like releasing Resident Evil on PS1 and Resident Evil Remake GC for the the first time the same day, that this will affect consumers is obvious. Part of the Nintendo audience also knew about the announced Switch version and opted to wait, it's not like they knew it would take them an eternity to port.

People really love to put the DQ11 games together, but DQ11 3DS and DQ11 PS4 are two different games, both selling worse than previos titles by a very big margin, that the premium game on PS4 sold clearly worse than the afterthought and low budget 3DS game, was due to PS4 beeing a weak system in Japan.

DQ11 is the same game on both systems though. Same scenario and content though they obviously look different and have some other changes (2D 3D split vs HD graphics). It makes more sense to add them together than to say they both individually sold worse than older games.

I agree with you on the rest though. I dunno what the financial plan was for that. ItWasMeantToBe already highlighted the creative portion of it.

I mean. MHW had been talked till dead. I don't even think there is anything to talk about it anymore. We see its legs is lesser in Japan vs older MH series. We also know now MHW is the best selling and the most successful gamble Cac had ever taken after so much lacklustre effort for their recent title. For the stocks dropping, i am always the one who believe that stocks is not all in all important. As stocks is fickle by nature. There is so much outside nature that can caused a company stocks price to drop and sometimes it does not come from the company itself.

MH is just gonna come up over and over due to the size of the franchise in Japan. It's inevitable frankly.

On, Xeno 2. Again. What do we even need to talk about the title sales power anymore? We know it opened okay in Japan, it then had much better legs for its genre in Japan and sold quite well. Based on the WW shipment sales data, it already exceed all Xeno series sales record. Based on the interview record, we know that Xeno 2 is not fully budgeted like AAA games but more like AA games but in this case, with even more outsourcing as many of Monolith Soft workforce is busy helping BoTW. I hardly can see the title being considered a disappointment in sales considering all its circumstances. On quality? Who knows. It all depends on taste but considering ERA reaction. It is between the best game ever to the worst game ever that its existence is disgraceful.

I personally think XC2 performance in Japan was so-so. The West really is what is carrying that franchise currently. It's current Japanese sales are fine though. IT definitely made money and the DLC monetization and the money they will get out of the retail Torna stand alone will make the game pretty profitable.

I didn't really intend for this to spiral like this. I didn't even know "legs" for MHW was a contentious topic.

I didn't think the discussion (at least the one I was having) was a spiral. Just because we all disagree strongly sometimes that doesn't imply the thread is "a shit show" or whatever. I say it over and over but this thread is not serious business and if people are taking it as such it's on them.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Good numbers.

But like article noted one doesn't get charged until the release date so it is important to note that not all will transition into sales. (it's basically akin mobage pre-registration)
How do mobage pre-registrations translate into sales? Is there any insight on that?

1M preorders is pretty good, but as you say, it's different from most other games where your preorder takes money upfront. I'm curious to see what it translates into.

TongPoo

Jul 14, 2018
Sorry if this has been posted but apparently pre-orders for PC version of Monster Hunter: World in China has topped 1 million copies.
https://www.vgtime.com/topic/952708.jhtml
I have to point out that this "preorder" does not cost any money, no deposit, no preload, no nothing. Basically this is a number to show how many people are interested but what percentage of this "preorder" will turn into sales is unclear. If I am not wrong, this is Tencent's way to promote MHW and Wegame platform by boasting about numbers.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How do mobage pre-registrations translate into sales? Is there any insight on that?

1M preorders is pretty good, but as you say, it's different from most other games where your preorder takes money upfront. I'm curious to see what it translates into.

If nothing else, it shows interest.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
So the 1 million number is also shared on Tecent's Weibo page so it's legit - https://www.weibo.com/p/1006066068787464/photos?from=page_100606&mod=TAB#_loginLayer_1532278395179

It basically shows how many people are interested in the game.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
DQ11 is the same game on both systems though. Same scenario and content though they obviously look different and have some other changes (2D 3D split vs HD graphics). It makes more sense to add them together than to say they both individually sold worse than older games.

I agree with you on the rest though. I dunno what the financial plan was for that. ItWasMeantToBe already highlighted the creative portion of it.

MH is just gonna come up over and over due to the size of the franchise in Japan. It's inevitable frankly.

I personally think XC2 performance in Japan was so-so. The West really is what is carrying that franchise currently. It's current Japanese sales are fine though. IT definitely made money and the DLC monetization and the money they will get out of the retail Torna stand alone will make the game pretty profitable.

I didn't think the discussion (at least the one I was having) was a spiral. Just because we all disagree strongly sometimes that doesn't imply the thread is "a shit show" or whatever. I say it over and over but this thread is not serious business and if people are taking it as such it's on them.

Thats what i am saying lol. I mean. Xeno 2 sales is okay for its genre there. It sure does not flop. But it is not a breakthrough hit like Nier is. It is a huge success if we are talking about WW as it break the Xeno series history record. I always believe that the reason why Xenoblade series keep facing this ceiling of sales is due to its batlte system. Unless they are going for turn based battle system or just simple pure action battle system. It will not be able to had a breakout hit in Japan nor WW.

On Cac stock being hit. Can we all just agree that while there are concern by of course investor towards MHW legs future, there is also HUGE concern towards Cac other business project? The slowing down pachinko business, the lack of future success on their mobile division, Flop of MvCi, failed to reach target sales for SFV and RE7 and of course uncertainties toward Cac future?

By that way, it will be easier for all you guys to talk about the stocks drop.

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think investors expected more long-term revenue from MHW in Japan or in America/Europe.
Capcom said prior to its launch that they weren't going to monetise the post launch content (said the content would be free and they didn't view it as a GAAS).
The game is already on track to selling 10 million worldwide. I expect with the statements capcom made it would be odd for investors to expect long-term revenue from a game that doesn't really have post purchase monetisation.
Investors commented on their disappointment on this but also noted a much more worrying thing. That mhw's revenue partially hid their losses from other projects/segments, they have gained a fair amount of debt recently as well. Also their continued inability to transition towards mobile in the way their competitors have.
This with aquamarine's statement that investors don't necessarily see a clear vision/plan from capcom for the future is largely what could be attributed for capcom investors' reaction with their stock.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're all putting WAY too much stocks in the words of investors. They aren't known to be particularly thoughtful when it comes to the video game industry. For real, they're just normal people who've probably got as much knowledge as anyone who follows Media Create/Famitsu activity since years. The sudden drop for practically no reason is clear proof of that, and you should all chill down about it. I think that Capcom's handling of the whole transition of Monster Hunter to new hardware have given them enough credits to just wait and see what they have next in stores for the IP, even though you could have legitimate doubts about the future.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
You're all putting WAY too much stocks in the words of investors. They aren't known to be particularly thoughtful when it comes to the video game industry. For real, they're just normal people who've probably got as much knowledge as anyone who follows Media Create/Famitsu activity since years. The sudden drop for practically no reason is clear proof of that, and you should all chill down about it. I think that Capcom's handling of the whole transition of Monster Hunter to new hardware have given them enough credits to just wait and see what they have next in stores for the IP, even though you could have legitimate doubts about the future.
Anyone who follows Media Create is Monster Hunter expert tho!

Just look at the sheer amount of MH conversation MC thread have been having for years!

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
I have to point out that this "preorder" does not cost any money, no deposit, no preload, no nothing. Basically this is a number to show how many people are interested but what percentage of this "preorder" will turn into sales is unclear. If I am not wrong, this is Tencent's way to promote MHW and Wegame platform by boasting about numbers.

Yeah, it's just a promotional campaign. I wonder how the general consumer is responding to a move like this. Many people in that link are calling Tencent out, and saying they won't buy it even if they pre-ordered. I don't think people should jump the gun with the predictions yet.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
In researching that link about preorders I realized I didn't know Tencent purchased a large portion of Epic. Clearly I missed that little nugget of info lol.

Thats what i am saying lol. I mean. Xeno 2 sales is okay for its genre there. It sure does not flop. But it is not a breakthrough hit like Nier is. It is a huge success if we are talking about WW as it break the Xeno series history record. I always believe that the reason why Xenoblade series keep facing this ceiling of sales is due to its batlte system. Unless they are going for turn based battle system or just simple pure action battle system. It will not be able to had a breakout hit in Japan nor WW.

On Cac stock being hit. Can we all just agree that while there are concern by of course investor towards MHW legs future, there is also HUGE concern towards Cac other business project? The slowing down pachinko business, the lack of future success on their mobile division, Flop of MvCi, failed to reach target sales for SFV and RE7 and of course uncertainties toward Cac future?

By that way, it will be easier for all you guys to talk about the stocks drop.

I think Xenoblade needs a major streamlining session in general. They probably also need to go pure action if they are going further improve their sales. They have nailed world design and while I find the battle system fun I still think they have a way to go with making it simple yet deep.

The stock drop on Capcom is totally valid and there are factors beyond MHW. Especially given Aquamarine's post and the general sentiment that Capcom has been releasing a lot of underperforming titles it makes sense. I have zero issue with stock discussion. I just think it gets out of hand sometimes.

You really underestimate the intelligence of investors if you think the average MC posters is as knowledgeable. I won't speak for other posters in this thread but I certainly am not knowing actually people who research and invest in stocks and how much they work to make it happen.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Week 30, 2018 (Jul 23- Jul 29)

new releases

{2018.07.24}
[NSW] Semblance _Nintendo Switch Download Software_ |DL| <ACT> (Gambitious Digital Entertainment) (¥1.013)

{2018.07.26}
[PSV] Collar x Malice: Unlimited # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.300)
[PSV] Collar x Malice: Unlimited (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥8.300)
[PSV] Collar x Malice: Unlimited (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥5.800)
[PSV] Collar x Malice Twin Pack {Collar x Malice \ Collar x Malice: Unlimited} <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥10.600)
[NSW] Mega Man X Legacy Collection <Mega Man X \ Mega Man X2 \ Mega Man X3 \ Mega Man X4> <ACT> (Capcom) (¥3.300)
[NSW] Mega Man X Legacy Collection <Mega Man X \ Mega Man X2 \ Mega Man X3 \ Mega Man X4> (ε) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Capcom) (¥3.056)
[NSW] Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 <Mega Man X5 \ Mega Man X6 \ Mega Man X7 \ Mega Man X8> <ACT> (Capcom) (¥3.300)
[NSW] Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 <Mega Man X5 \ Mega Man X6 \ Mega Man X7 \ Mega Man X8> (ε) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Capcom) (¥3.056)
[NSW] Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 {Mega Man X Legacy Collection <Mega Man X \ Mega Man X2 \ Mega Man X3 \ Mega Man X4> \ Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 <Mega Man X5 \ Mega Man X6 \ Mega Man X7 \ Mega Man X8>} <ACT> (Capcom) (¥5.500)
[NSW] Disgaea 1 Complete # <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥7.200)
[NSW] Disgaea 1 Complete (Limited Edition) <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥9.200)
[NSW] Disgaea 1 Complete (ε) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥7.200)
[NSW] Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou # <ADV> (Entergram) (¥7.980)
[NSW] Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Entergram) (¥9.980)
[NSW] Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou (ε) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Entergram) (¥6.463)
[NSW] Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai: Library Party # <ADV> (Entergram) (¥6.800)
[NSW] Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai: Library Party (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Entergram) (¥8.800)
[NSW] Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai: Library Party (ε) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Entergram) (¥6.000)
[NSW] Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus <ACT> (Bethesda Softworks) (¥7.980)
[NSW] Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (ε) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Bethesda Softworks) (¥7.980)
[NSW] Waku Waku Doubutsu Land <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) (¥4.444)
[NSW] Waku Waku Doubutsu Land (ε) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) (¥4.444)
[NSW] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package Ver.1-4 {Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online \ Dragon Quest X: The Sleeping Hero and the Guiding Sworn Friend Online \ Dragon Quest X: Legend of the Ancient Dragon Online \ Dragon Quest X: 5000 Year Journey to a Faraway Hometown Online} <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥4.800)
[NSW] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package Ver.1-4 {Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online \ Dragon Quest X: The Sleeping Hero and the Guiding Sworn Friend Online \ Dragon Quest X: Legend of the Ancient Dragon Online \ Dragon Quest X: 5000 Year Journey to a Faraway Hometown Online} (ε) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥4.800)
[NSW] Rocket League: Collector's Edition <Rocket League \ Rocket League: Supersonic Fury \ Rocket League: Revenge of the Battle-Cars \ Rocket League: Chaos Run> <SPT> (Psyonix) (¥3.700)
[NSW] Touhou Soujinengi V _Nintendo Switch Download Software_ |DL| <RPG> (Mediascape) (¥2.777)
[NSW] The Count Lucanor _Nintendo Switch Download Software_ |DL| <ADV> (Merge Games) (¥1.665)
[NSW] Piczle Lines DX: 500 More Puzzles _Nintendo Switch Download Software_ |DL| <PZL> (Rainy Frog) (¥925)
[NSW] Xeodrifter _Nintendo Switch Download Software_ |DL| <ACT> (Flyhigh Works) (¥462)
[PS4] Monster Hunter: World (5)(PlayStation 4 Monster Hunter: World Value Pack) <BUN> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥32.980)
[PS4] Mega Man X Legacy Collection <Mega Man X \ Mega Man X2 \ Mega Man X3 \ Mega Man X4> <ACT> (Capcom) (¥3.300)
[PS4] Mega Man X Legacy Collection <Mega Man X \ Mega Man X2 \ Mega Man X3 \ Mega Man X4> (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Capcom) (¥3.056)
[PS4] Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 <Mega Man X5 \ Mega Man X6 \ Mega Man X7 \ Mega Man X8> <ACT> (Capcom) (¥3.300)
[PS4] Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 <Mega Man X5 \ Mega Man X6 \ Mega Man X7 \ Mega Man X8> (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Capcom) (¥3.056)
[PS4] Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 {Mega Man X Legacy Collection <Mega Man X \ Mega Man X2 \ Mega Man X3 \ Mega Man X4> \ Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 <Mega Man X5 \ Mega Man X6 \ Mega Man X7 \ Mega Man X8>} <ACT> (Capcom) (¥5.500)
[PS4] Disgaea 1 Complete # <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥7.200)
[PS4] Disgaea 1 Complete (Limited Edition) <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥9.200)
[PS4] Disgaea 1 Complete (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥7.200)
[PS4] Maitetsu: Pure Station # <ADV> (Views) (¥6.800)
[PS4] Maitetsu: Pure Station (1)(with Triple Suede B2 Tapestry) <ADV> (Views) (¥12.800)
[PS4] Maitetsu: Pure Station (2)(with Dakimakura Cover) <ADV> (Views) (¥18.800)
[PS4] Maitetsu: Pure Station (3)(with PVC Figure) <ADV> (Views) (¥26.000)
[PS4] Maitetsu: Pure Station (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Views) (¥6.800)
[PS4] Spintires: Mudrunner <RCE> (Oizumi Amuzio) (¥5.600)
[PS4] Spintires: Mudrunner (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RCE> (Oizumi Amuzio) (¥5.185)
[PS4] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package Ver.1-4 {Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online \ Dragon Quest X: The Sleeping Hero and the Guiding Sworn Friend Online \ Dragon Quest X: Legend of the Ancient Dragon Online \ Dragon Quest X: 5000 Year Journey to a Faraway Hometown Online} <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥4.800)
[PS4] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package Ver.1-4 {Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online \ Dragon Quest X: The Sleeping Hero and the Guiding Sworn Friend Online \ Dragon Quest X: Legend of the Ancient Dragon Online \ Dragon Quest X: 5000 Year Journey to a Faraway Hometown Online} (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥4.800)
[PS4] Rocket League: Collector's Edition <Rocket League \ Rocket League: Supersonic Fury \ Rocket League: Revenge of the Battle-Cars \ Rocket League: Chaos Run> <SPT> (Psyonix) (¥3.700)
[PS4] Kemco RPG Select Vol.1 <Asdivine Hearts \ Revenant Saga \ Antiquia Lost \ Dragon Sinker> <RPG> (Kemco) (¥3.685)
[PS4] Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash [Sunshine Edition] # <ACT> (Marvelous) (¥3.980)
[PS4] Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash [Sunshine Edition] (XXX) <ACT> (Marvelous) (¥8.100)
[PS4] Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| [Sunshine Edition] # <ACT> (Marvelous) (¥3.980)
[PS4] Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| [Sunshine Edition] (Niu Niu PS Store Special Pack) <ACT> (Marvelous) (¥5.480)
[PS4] Bloodborne [PlayStation Hits] <RPG> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] Bloodborne (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| [PlayStation Hits] <RPG> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PlayStation Hits] <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| [PlayStation Hits] <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] The Last of Us Remastered <The Last of Us \ The Last of Us: Left Behind> [PlayStation Hits] <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] The Last of Us Remastered <The Last of Us \ The Last of Us: Left Behind> (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| [PlayStation Hits] <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] Killzone: Shadow Fall [PlayStation Hits] <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] Killzone: Shadow Fall (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| [PlayStation Hits] <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] Infamous: Second Son [PlayStation Hits] <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] Infamous: Second Son (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| [PlayStation Hits] <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] LittleBigPlanet 3 [PlayStation Hits] <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] LittleBigPlanet 3 (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| [PlayStation Hits] <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] Ratchet & Clank [PlayStation Hits] <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] Ratchet & Clank (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| [PlayStation Hits] <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] Driveclub [PlayStation Hits] <RCE> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] Driveclub (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| [PlayStation Hits] <RCE> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥1.990)
[PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair [PlayStation Hits] <ACT> (D3Publisher) (¥1.990)
[PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| [PlayStation Hits] <ACT> (D3Publisher) (¥1.990)
[PS4] Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2 _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥0)
[XB1] Mega Man X Legacy Collection <Mega Man X \ Mega Man X2 \ Mega Man X3 \ Mega Man X4> _Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Capcom) (¥3.080)
[XB1] Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 <Mega Man X5 \ Mega Man X6 \ Mega Man X7 \ Mega Man X8> _Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Capcom) (¥3.080)
[WIU] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package Ver.1-4 {Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online \ Dragon Quest X: The Sleeping Hero and the Guiding Sworn Friend Online \ Dragon Quest X: Legend of the Ancient Dragon Online \ Dragon Quest X: 5000 Year Journey to a Faraway Hometown Online} <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥4.800)
[WIU] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package Ver.1-4 {Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online \ Dragon Quest X: The Sleeping Hero and the Guiding Sworn Friend Online \ Dragon Quest X: Legend of the Ancient Dragon Online \ Dragon Quest X: 5000 Year Journey to a Faraway Hometown Online} (ε) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥4.800)
__

YSO predictions

01. [PS4] Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 < 40k (average 30k) [week 1]
02. [NSW] Octopath Traveler < 35k (average 25k) [week 3]
03. [NSW] Splatoon 2 < 25k (average 20k) [week 54]
03. [NSW] Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! < 25k (average 20k) [week 2]

ACL

Nov 18, 2017

Differences are too big to be considered the same game, no one considers REmake to be the same games as Resident Evil, despite beeing even more similar to each other than both DQ11 games are to each other. But since especially the PS4 game sold very bad compared to past mainline (non MMORPG) DQ titles, the games get combined to hide how much SQEX screwd up with DQ11. Initial plan was PS4 exclusivity, but projections were so bad that they not only commisioned a new 3DS game but also announced a port for a yet to be released system. So no, 1.6million units aren't a good result by any means for a mainline DQ game.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YSO is predicting huge legs for Octopath, but don't seem to take into account the dire stock situation of the game.

Oct 26, 2017
Xenoblade 2 was made by 40 people in like 2.5 years, it's incredibly low budget to the point where it has some of the worst lip syncing of any major game released in the last five years and to the point where the handheld version looks like it's smeared in vaseline.

Not sure Xenoblade 2 can break through to 2-3m sales as a pseudo turn-based RPG when the budget of the games is near non-existent.

But I don't think there's much to be gained from making a high budget Xenoblade game compared to Monolith Soft trying to clone Dark Souls or Monster Hunter World. Those would be much more successful probably.

And then they can have the final boss/hunt be Jesus Christ but also a huge monster to make sure it fits with the rest of the Xenogears franchise.

TongPoo

Jul 14, 2018
Yeah, it's just a promotional campaign. I wonder how the general consumer is responding to a move like this. Many people in that link are calling Tencent out, and saying they won't buy it even if they pre-ordered. I don't think people should jump the gun with the predictions yet.
I do think this is Tencent's chance to attract PC gamers from Steam to Wegame in Mainland. MHW is a very popular game among Chinese gamers. It is heavily covered by Chinese game journalism, and many popular streamer played this game. MHW is 308 CNY (45USD) on steam, while only 198 CNY (30USD) on Wegame with promotions.

Wegame had struggled to compete with Steam because of Tencent's bad reputation among Chinese gamers. This may be the turning point.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
YSO is predicting huge legs for Octopath, but don't seem to take into account the dire stock situation of the game.
I think it's the other way around: the reason they are predicting such huge legs is because the stock situation for the week ending today will put it down to their expected 20k average, but then they predict that next week will see a bigger restock, hence the 25k average.

Also the fact that there's a range of 10k for a 25k average shows you the analysts are hardly in agreement about the size of the restock. At least that's how I see it.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is that... OK for the X Legacy Collection? How much did the number Collections sell?

I know it's Mega Man in Japan and it's bad regardless but I'm curious how popular these 2 series are currently.

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think investors expected more long-term revenue from MHW in Japan or in America/Europe.
They probably just expected a more aggression monetizing pricing model and post launch content.

giphy.gif