Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
About as uninspired as it gets lol. Loved MW19 but MW2-2 was disappointing to me. Hard to put my finger on as to why exactly, but it just didn't come together like I thought it would.
it really feels like MW2 (new one) came out as a wet fart. Will be curious to see how this one reviews, given Sledgehammer is developing it, the product initially being DLC, and apparently there are development troubles.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
The original plan they had was to move COD to a two year "tick tock" cycle where the second year was an expansion. They have abandoned that and so this will be a separate game but basically an expansion of MWII.
Can we please stop with this narrative already? It was never confirmed to be on a 2 year cycle

OP
OP

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Can we please stop with this narrative already? It was never confirmed to be on a 2 year cycle
The reports said this year would be a paid expansion for MW2 and all of a sudden this years game is literally just an expansion of MW2 but standalone? The reports seemed to be accurate but something changed at ABK, I imagine it has to do with MW2/WZ2 players declining.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So MW3 is going to be the same game than MW2 but without the costumes you bought/unlocked?

Alice_F

Jun 23, 2023
Lol, even copied Black Ops' color scheme. Not that I care, though. Imagine actually paying $70 for this cashgrab.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
That looks about right.

It being leaked on a can of Monster feels perfectly on brand. Feels like an inevitability. It's almost comforting, in a way.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Still don't really know how to feel about this thing. It's an expansion blown up into a full title that is now being positioned as a do-over of sorts for the underwhelming MWII.

I don't even dislike MWII or anything, but it seems like they are trying to make this one what the community has been begging for.

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who has never played a single Call Of Duty (other than the demo for the first one on pc), the names of these games are a little confusing. How many games are there named modern warfare? Aren't there multiple series both named modern warfare?

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
I bit on clicking this thread due to the title and wondering if anyone anywhere in all the world actually cared what the logo looked like. I'm kind of relieved to see it's people talking about the game rather than the thread topic.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Yep.
mw3-modern-warefare.gif
This the shit back then. The pre release hype was insane. I think the campaign didn't live up to it but man the build up from 4 to MW2 to MW3 was once in a franchise.

I'm not feeling it this time around.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
Modern Warfare 4 is going to end up looking like what they did with Black Ops 4 if they keep going this route.

call-of-duty-black-ops-4---button-fin-1539211957163.jpg

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has never played a single Call Of Duty (other than the demo for the first one on pc), the names of these games are a little confusing. How many games are there named modern warfare? Aren't there multiple series both named modern warfare?

The original modern warfare series on the 360/PS3 2007-2011.

The rebooted modern warfare series from 2019-now.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
They're just fucking stupid.

Do they not understand how scarcity and value are interlinked.

The franchise will never be as popular as Warzone during the original lockdown.

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about it, they original trilogy did certainly much more to evolve each game, at least the campaigns. From a more typical conflict, to the USA getting invaded, to all of Europe in world war 3. Meanwhile the conflict in the reboot doesn't really seem to evolve and the references to the old games don't really do it for me.
Yeah I really miss how the original escalated, COD4 was relatively grounded, MW2 was an over the top escalation and MW3 was full on WW3.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-77AwTJRRls

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73chw2GLJ1Y
MW19 was good(kinda forgettable) but MWII was extremely forgettable and the most memorable parts are inspired by the OGs

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Really have 0 faith in this, seeing what a mess MW2 still is.
Unless they saved all the fixes for MW3

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I'm so NOT interested in another modern CoD.

Wake me up when they announce Infinite Warfare 2.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but they usually alternate sub series.

This is the first time a direct sequel is the follow up game right?
This game was supposed to be a side entry/expansion type deal originally and they were skipping the year for a full game

They ended up just making it a full game to have something for the year

N1corex

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 7, 2020
Seems kinda soon feels like they accelerated the modern series to just move it out of the way.

Havent played much of mw2 been busy but its interesting to see a direct sequel coming out so fast maybe it really doesnt differ that much from last years game. Just more story and more maps.