Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Nov 23, 2022
The fuck was she supposed to do about Nighteye? There's no lesson for growth there. That was just misplaced guilt she needed to let go of.

Dabi needed to go. Todorokis can say they tried.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Nov 23, 2022
Would feel kinda wrong for Endeavor to live and Dabi to die since he was the cause of it all
Yeah ... Dabi has a lot to blame Endeavor for, but at certain point his decisions became his decisions only.

That was him, not Endeavor.

0a8b226008bed72c55363955dbeef257ba064c22.png

This is beyond just making Endeavor suffer and racking up the occasional casualty, dude is a literal serial killer.

The actual Serial Killer of the show has done more good by now.

So I don't know what feels wrong there.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah ... Dabi has a lot to blame Endeavor for, but at certain point his decisions became his decisions only.

That was him, not Endeavor.

0a8b226008bed72c55363955dbeef257ba064c22.png

This is beyond just making Endeavor suffer and racking up the occasional casualty, dude is a literal serial killer.

The actual Serial Killer of the show has done more good by now.

So I don't know what feels wrong there.
Yeah they're both terrible people but it really isn't satisfying to see a abuser create a killer and then have the abuser get away scout free, like yes Dabi's crimes are worse but Dabi's crimes wouldn't have happened without Endeavor

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Nov 23, 2022
Yeah they're both terrible people but it really isn't satisfying to see a abuser create a killer and then have the abuser get away scout free, like yes Dabi's crimes are worse but Dabi's crimes wouldn't have happened without Endeavor
Dabi's crimes happened because of Dabi is my point. I blame Endeavor to a point, but not for killing people, Dabi is just letting himself off the hook by putting it all on Endeavor. While his peers could stand to hold him more accountable, Endeavor isn't exactly standing there going "I never had to learn shit". It's like if Endeavor blamed his actions on his parents, it's like, no, you chose to be that way.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
This one felt like Naruto on losing the plot.
One of the greatest starts of a series where the author noticeably got more and more tired I don't blame him though.
I think the bit when female All Might showed up is where I personally kinda gave up and became a lot more casual so I'm already far removed from some of the upset I'm seeing now for this culmination, still hope everyone invested is or can find some enjoyment out of it.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Dabi's crimes happened because of Dabi is my point. I blame Endeavor to a point, but not for killing people, Dabi is just letting himself off the hook by putting it all on Endeavor. While his peers could stand to hold him more accountable, Endeavor isn't exactly standing there going "I never had to learn shit". It's like if Endeavor blamed his actions on his parents, it's like, no, you chose to be that way.
But there's a big difference between basic bad parenting and abusing someone pass their breaking point and they do something bad as a result, and mainly talking about it in a story perspective that it feels wrong

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
This one felt like Naruto on losing the plot.
One of the greatest starts of a series where the author noticeably got more and more tired I don't blame him though.
I think the bit when female All Might showed up is where I personally kinda gave up and became a lot more casual so I'm already far removed from some of the upset I'm seeing now for this culmination, still hope everyone invested is or can find some enjoyment out of it.

Overall I'm still happy with the series and honestly the final arc even if this chapter wasn't what I wanted. The final arc has had so many cool moments.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Deku is still going to be a hero, even without quirks. I always thought All Might saying "you need a quirk to be a hero" in the first chapter was weak, so ending it by Deku still being a hero without a quick would be good.

But who am I kidding, Deku's probably going to get his powers back.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
After MHA ends, what's Horikoshi going to be doing? Long break? Extra MHA material? New manga development?

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
It really doesn't sit right with me that Deku wanted to save Shigaraki and that Shigaraki stayed angry and full of hate until the end. For a manga about hope and that people aren't beyond saving that doesn't hit right.

Shigaraki was apparently all in it for the anger and his found family. In the end he's just mad and his family decimated and or dead.

Also if you told me in the beginning that Aizawa, Endeavor and All Might would make it to the end I wouldn't have believed you for a second. All Might may have collected the most death flags of any character in manga history and he made it. He became the anti death flag.

If any or them die due to the injuries in hospital it'll be the biggest cop out. Especially Endeavor.

Midnight being the only real war death really bothers me now. She deserved so much better.

Last edited:

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
It really doesn't sit right with me that Deku wanted to save Shigaraki and that Shigaraki stayed angry and full of hate until the end. For a manga about hope and that people aren't beyond saving that doesn't hit right.

Shigaraki was apparently all in it for the anger and his found family. In the end he's just mad and his family decimated and or dead.

Also if you told me in the beginning that Aizawa, Endeavor and All Might would make it to the end I wouldn't have believed you for a second. All Might may have collected the most death flags of any character in manga history and he made it. He became the anti death flag.

If any or them die due to the injuries in hospital it'll be the biggest cop out. Especially Endeavor.

Midnight being the only real war death really bothers me now. She deserved so much better.
It's cuz Hori is a coward when it comes to pulling the death trigger. Gran Torino still the most ridiculous one. When Oda beats you in that department you know it's bad.

Well gotogue seems to have disappeared off the planet after demon slayer ended. Hori probably bout to do the same for awhile.
I'd disappear too if I was still potentially getting those checks

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
MHA is one of the biggest manga of all time. Hori can take time off and just relax if he wants

Oct 25, 2017
It's cuz Hori is a coward when it comes to pulling the death trigger. Gran Torino still the most ridiculous one. When Oda beats you in that department you know it's bad.

I'd disappear too if I was still potentially getting those checks
It's been 4 years. Gotogue out here walking around with a Inosuke mask hiding.
Hori bout to make himself a first deku costume and be free

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I assume Hori will still be on to do future movies (I wouldn't be shocked if Bones gets one more movie in before it ends next season or after).

But yeah. I'd just do nothing. He's probably made enough money at this point to be set for life.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally read the actual chapter and not just spoilers.

I liked it! But the epilogue will be pretty important. I think ultimately the series' greatest strength is also its greatest weakness - lots of likable characters. Different faves means that everyone will be looking for something different in the finale.

But hey, the Bakugoat finally won me over, so what do I know lol.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If MHA has a great epilogue, I'll unironically bump it up a few ranks lol

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Horikoshi has talked about his next manga but the guy has had multiple health related unplanned breaks and clear burnout so I think he should wait at least 3 years before doing another manga, and even then he should not do anymore weekly schedules

MHA probably has some sequel/spinoffs, and or movies planned out that will keep the money rolling while Horikoshi just supervises

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I have to imagine that when the MHA anime ends with season eight, they'll finally green light Vigilantes. Seems like a no brainer.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
i liked it glad hes gone but also got "saved" somewhat by deku

summer break epilogue arc after all the clean up

Hori should take a super long break and come back in a few years if hes up to it
this series for all its up and downs is already in the books

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I hope when Hori comes back he switches to monthly and gets ahead start on whatever he's doing next

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Random thought: I hate how All for One's design lost the not Vader helmet and never replaced it with anything, so I've had to stare at that grinning glans sticking out of a suit ever since as the big bad.
Dude stole a billion powers but wouldn't even fix half his entire head

I know it was one of the key things about MHA that the villains never really were supposed to look cool and just like absolute messes, but still!

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
It took Oda almost 600 chapters to kill someone lol
Pell's nuke and Pagaya's million volts are 10000x worse than Gran Torino

Horikoshi has talked about his next manga but the guy has had multiple health related unplanned breaks and clear burnout so I think he should wait at least 3 years before doing another manga, and even then he should not do anymore weekly schedules
What did he say about his next manga? Google doesn't help

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't even assume that he even comes back. This was his magnum opus probably and was successful enough to set him up for life afaik.
Demon Slayer Author seems done and enjoying life after the grind.
But even if he comes back I think doing it like Toriyama, Kubo, Kishimoto I think is probably far more attractive, doing it in a way that doesn't commit to a giant grind again or at least moves away from drawing on schedule by becoming writer only.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I am confident the epilogue will be satisfying. Gonna be sad saying goodbye. I've been reading MHA since 2015. It was the the first manga I got into post Naruto and it kept me in the game during that time

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
MHA is the first manga I kept up with from the beginning of its serialization so it's definitely gonna be weird saying goodbye to it

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
It's a bit selfish, but I really want to see what Hori can do after he's moved on from MHA, and hopefully learned a few lessons.
He definitely deserves a nice long break before that though.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It kinda sucks seeing people try and justify this as deku saving shigaraki when I feel like once the truth was revealed to him about how afo crafted his life it was already too late, he was already on the fast track to death. Never get to see how this affected him. Deku saves him by killing afo and shigaraki is just caught in it like he has been his entire life. Bleak shit imo. I went into this arc expecting him to be clapped by the end but if this stays like this it really is one of the worst ways he could have done it.

Plus calling AFO Master to the end bruh.

Last edited:

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
It kinda sucks seeing people try and justify this as deku saving shigaraki when I feel like once the truth was revealed to him about how afo crafted his life it was already too late, he was already on the fast track to death. Never get to see how this affected him. Deku saves him by killing afo and shigaraki is just caught in it like he has been his entire life. Bleak shit imo. I went into this arc expecting him to be clapped by the end but if this stays like this it really is one of the worst ways he could have done it.

Plus calling AFO Master to the end bruh.

This part really sucks imo.