• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Bloody Disgusting are reporting on a 2nd new Evil Dead movie is in the works. Early days yet, so no further details other than writer / director Francis Galluppi being attached to it.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie...in-the-works-with-francis-galluppi-directing/

Evil Dead fans are eating right now. ;)

Also, Francis Galluppi's debut looks excellent:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm6QQdKSm6Y&ab_channel=WellGoUSAEntertainment

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Gave this a watch for a debut it's good but the 3rd act really falls apart. It does a great job but there is a decision that happens in the 3rd act that is really dumb and the way they resolve the situation also isn't the smartest. Solid 6.5/10

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Gave this a watch for a debut it's good but the 3rd act really falls apart. It does a great job but there is a decision that happens in the 3rd act that is really dumb and the way they resolve the situation also isn't the smartest. Solid 6.5/10

Yeah. I thought Infested was pretty good until maybe a bit after the halfway mark. Then it began to go downhill fast. By the end I was completely checked out.

Edit:
Oh, are you talking about Infested or The Last Stop in Yuma County? lol!

Oct 29, 2017
Watched Infested over the weekend and it was a real struggle to get to the finish line. Extremely boring, almost fell asleep several times.

Can't say I'm excited for this new Evil Dead now. I'll watch it though.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Finally watched Infested last night, enjoyed it, thought it was a decent spider horror flick overall, it will be a big nope to anyone that hates spiders lol. Looking forward to watching that other spider movie Sting now to see how it compares to this.

Curious to see what a Sebastien Vanicek Evil Dead movie will look like now.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Still hurts that Ash vs Evil Dead was cancelled, Season 4 would have been crazy.

It was aired on a network non US folks didn't even have access too and even then, Starz wasn't that popular I think. It aired later on Netflix for the rest of us but it didn't do enough for it to continue.

At least the last season had a bit of an ending and wasn't really rushed or ended abrubtly. It's crazy we have not seen a movie to give them a farewell though.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It was aired on a network non US folks didn't even have access too and even then, Starz wasn't that popular I think. It aired later on Netflix for the rest of us but it didn't do enough for it to continue.

At least the last season had a bit of an ending and wasn't really rushed or ended abrubtly. It's crazy we have not seen a movie to give them a farewell though.

Yeah I'm in the UK so know all about that struggle to watch each episode as they came out. I got them on Blu-ray to support the show of course. I met Bruce at a convention in London around the time it was up in the air if the show would get cancelled or renewed and said to him we couldn't get Starz over here and he was like well that sucks.

Best thing about is is they did get a bit of notice to make some kind of ending for it, even if it was an awesome cliffhanger ending. Shame Bruce is done with Ash now but I'd still love to see Kelly, Pablo and Brandy come back for more, if they ever got the chance in some way.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Infested was really good for two-thirds and then it just sort of flatlined for me.

And as tense as it was, there was no single moment that was truly, like, TERRIFYING for me.

But under the stewardship of Raimi, Campbell et all, I'm hoping he knocks it out the park with his entry.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Watched Infested over the weekend and it was a real struggle to get to the finish line. Extremely boring, almost fell asleep several times.

Can't say I'm excited for this new Evil Dead now. I'll watch it though.
Infested was really good for two-thirds and then it just sort of flatlined for me.

And as tense as it was, there was no single moment that was truly, like, TERRIFYING for me.

But under the stewardship of Raimi, Campbell et all, I'm hoping he knocks it out the park with his entry.

I do think Evil Dead 2013 is the best movie Fede Alvarez has made, and by far.

So there's still hope this new Evil Dead will be good!