Status
Not open for further replies.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt we have an E3 and the Switch reveal event both open with Monolith Soft games?
Just E3 2017. The Switch presentation opened with 1-2 Switch, which was followed by ARMS, then I believe it went Splatoon 2 and Odyssey before Xenoblade 2. That's just the games portion though, they actually opened with a hardware trailer followed by info.

E3 2018 featured Torna as the first Nintendo game, but they actually opened with Daemon X Machina (which Nintendo did publish on Switch if you want to count it as Nintendo). Many of us were wondering if that was by Monolith Soft for a second though.

Update #1 - OP Edits
OP
OP
reconceptualize
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
Just a quick update - the title for the Direct threads was shortened for simplicity and succinctness (as was the OP). That said, there was some talk yesterday about how I had removed a banner and post about the Trans community from the OP. I added the note back to the OP once I realized there was a conversation about keeping it permanently that I'd missed.

Regarding the banner, however, it hasn't been present in the OP for the last two threads. There's a reason I missed it, and evidently so did everyone else. I'm fine for constructive critique and conversation; it's the only way to grow, and the OP makes clear that humility and listening is the only way to exist well as a human. But *please* make sure that your criticisms are accurate; it took me a bit this afternoon to figure out what that banner was. Ha.

I reached out to Dardan Sandiego to figure out what had happened with that banner once I noticed the pattern. I've added it back into the OP it a visible position, and using the spoiler function ensures people can see it while also not creating more clutter in that OP (which was my goal from the beginning). Thanks, all.

Last edited:

Corgi

Oct 28, 2017
Northern, New Jersey
Hey guys! Hope you're all having a good weekend. I've got $60 to spend, and would like to pick up some games for my Switch. Any suggestions?

I plan on picking up Famicon Detective Club 1 & 2 later this month.

I would pick up Pokemon Snap, but I've never played a Pokemon game

OP
OP
reconceptualize
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
Hey guys! Hope you're all having a good weekend. I've got $60 to spend, and would like to pick up some games for my Switch. Any suggestions?

I plan on picking up Famicon Detective Club 1 & 2 later this month.

I would pick up Pokemon Snap, but I've never played a Pokemon game

What have you enjoyed recently on the system? Snap is pretty good from what I've played thus far, and there's a great unlocking system for seeing new content. It's a good gameplay loop.

But I also enjoy it quite a bit because its a Pokemon game. You might not find it as enjoyable just for that reason.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Wow it looks incredible better than Three Houses graphically lol
It's insane what they have achieved lol. Makes me curious what the battery life is on handheld mode.

It's a shame how Three Houses looks, heck even the announcement trailer had better lighting and what not and then the game got graphically downgraded. At least the character models look great on my opinion.

Corgi

Oct 28, 2017
Northern, New Jersey
What have you enjoyed recently on the system? Snap is pretty good from what I've played thus far, and there's a great unlocking system for seeing new content. It's a good gameplay loop.

But I also enjoy it quite a bit because its a Pokemon game. You might not find it as enjoyable just for that reason.

I've been playing a LOT of Monster Hunter Rise. As well as Clubhouse Games with my partner & Little Nightmares (I also have Little Nightmares 2)

I was thinking of picking up Crash Team Racing, because I've heard a lot of great stuff.

OP
OP
reconceptualize
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
I've been playing a LOT of Monster Hunter Rise. As well as Clubhouse Games with my partner & Little Nightmares (I also have Little Nightmares 2)

I was thinking of picking up Crash Team Racing, because I've heard a lot of great stuff.

Crash is an excellent game (especially for playing with another person). I enjoy it more than Mario Kart, but that might be my PS1 self talking.

I'm starting Rises this weekend too; glad to hear you're enjoying it!

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Hit 70 hours in Rise. Fantastic game. I'm going to be playing this regularly for at least a couple more months, I think. July's glut of games might cause problems. Tomorrow and bank holiday Monday are earmarked for Olija and then I need to try and properly complete Bravely Default 2 before the Detective Club games download onto my Switch.

All the anniversary talk is exciting. If it meant (good) Dragon Quest and Sonic releases joined a second half made up of things like Too Many Games July, No More Heroes 3, and some of Metroid, DK, Bayonetta, Fire Emblem, or Xenoblade... hoo boy.

midori ☾

Feb 4, 2021
few notes from my first 6ish hours playing Three Houses:

- I've played and liked Fire Emblem games in the past, but Three Houses is a really big step up when it comes to presentation and story. Really been impressed with those aspects thus far!

- I didn't know just how much this game leans into you being a teacher, enjoying playing this sort of JRPG with a different perspective a lot

- the in-universe AMIIBO GAZEBO is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time x)

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they attempt that in the past but the government blocked it or something like that?
Sort of. The government would have had to review their merger with Bandai, who merged with Namco instead. They basically turned their interest in that into Monolithsoft though.

Sega also was looking to merge with both Namco and Bandai separately when they were running out of money in 2000.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Just a quick update - the title for the Direct threads was shortened for simplicity and succinctness (as was the OP). That said, there was some talk yesterday about how I had removed a banner and post about the Trans community from the OP. I added the note back to the OP once I realized there was a conversation about keeping it permanently that I'd missed.

Regarding the banner, however, it hasn't been present in the OP for the last two threads. There's a reason I missed it, and evidently so did everyone else. I'm fine for constructive critique and conversation; it's the only way to grow, and the OP makes clear that humility and listening is the only way to exist well as a human. But *please* make sure that your criticisms are accurate; it took me a bit this afternoon to figure out what that banner was. Ha.

I reached out to Dardan Sandiego to figure out what had happened with that banner once I noticed the pattern. I've added it back into the OP it a visible position, and using the spoiler function ensures people can see it while also not creating more clutter in that OP (which was my goal from the beginning). Thanks, all.
can we get the Trans right back in the title instead?

I doubt many care about the simplicity. Tho I argue the current title is not really simplistic.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I know everyones enjoying Snap and Returnal but dont forget the best release of 30/4 : Gojira - Fortitude

Once again showing why they are the best in music

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
Mr.Fletcher

I finished FF7R
cool ending, cool bossfight. It seems they are building for an alternative story? I am really curious where they go. Some parts of the game were a tad to slow for my taste, but I really enjoyed the character development that the characters got. Curious about Part 2 :D

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Hit 70 hours in Rise. Fantastic game. I'm going to be playing this regularly for at least a couple more months, I think. July's glut of games might cause problems. Tomorrow and bank holiday Monday are earmarked for Olija and then I need to try and properly complete Bravely Default 2 before the Detective Club games download onto my Switch.

All the anniversary talk is exciting. If it meant (good) Dragon Quest and Sonic releases joined a second half made up of things like Too Many Games July, No More Heroes 3, and some of Metroid, DK, Bayonetta, Fire Emblem, or Xenoblade... hoo boy.
Naturally, any new DQ and Sonic games will release in July because apparently there are no other months on the calendar

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
18 months of Keighley
olVelLf.png

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Hey, thanks for putting it in there and generally the good work on the OP. I'm gonna keep my involvement with this short because I was merely trying to point out that people in this thread have expressed the wish to have at least the banner and the note in the OP as it has become a part of this subcommunity. That said, I think among many people here the desire to have it back in the title in addition to maybe a general message of inclusivity definitely outweighs the need for the OP and the title to be simple or succinct. That's all.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Just spreading the good word that The Mitchells vs. The Machines -- the new animated film from Phil Lord/Christopher Miller -- is on Netflix, and it's pretty terrific. I'd recommend it to anyone!

I also hope anyone who bought New Pokemon Snap is enjoying their time with it so far

Dec 21, 2020
Just want to say that Takashi Mochizuki has impeccable taste

Finished it. 50 hours. It was super, super good, so good that it's a shame I don't have a Switch and haven't played it yet. It was really good. It was really good.

By the way, I'm sure there are fans of Mr. Ajikko among the staff, aren't there? #Genei Ibunroku #FE #NintendoSwitch

from DeepL.

I'm confused on how he managed to play it then...

OP
OP
reconceptualize
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
Just spreading the good word that The Mitchells vs. The Machines -- the new animated film from Phil Lord/Christopher Miller -- is on Netflix, and it's pretty terrific. I'd recommend it to anyone!

I also hope anyone who bought New Pokemon Snap is enjoying their time with it so far

Snap is fantastic so far. It's basically the same starting mechanics as before, but it begins to complicate and develop into something special after just a few runs. Easily one of the better Pokemon gameplay loops.

Hey, thanks for putting it in there and generally the good work on the OP. I'm gonna keep my involvement with this short because I was merely trying to point out that people in this thread have expressed the wish to have at least the banner and the note in the OP as it has become a part of this subcommunity. That said, I think among many people here the desire to have it back in the title in addition to maybe a general message of inclusivity definitely outweighs the need for the OP and the title to be simple or succinct. That's all.

And that's understood now. The extent to which this community has become synonymous with the message wasn't something I've tracked as well as I should. I appreciate you speaking up in the way you did.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Seriously great. Was really hoping it'd be in this past Indie World haha.
I've watched sooo many videos of that game. I wish it were on switch.
Fingers crossed. I would absolutely double dip.

We are Keighley

Have you ever played Rain World?
I tried it, but bounced off it. Been meaning to give it another go for a while.

This is the thread BozPaggs is finally freed of their prison.
Your faith sustains me

Status
Not open for further replies.