Pezking

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that German and Austrian MediaMarkt are still taking preorders makes me nervous if I'll really get mine at launch. Either they got way, way more stock than everyone else that they can take preorders for over a week now, or interest is really low. Third option is they are taking preorders they can't fulfill....

I'd imagine most customers aren't willing to fully pay for a new console three months ahead of the release.

This policy also keeps away potential scalpers.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
The FCC application for Switch OLED was published overnight: https://fccid.io/BKEHEG001. Everything has a submission date of July 13 (today), though the documents are internally dated June 14. For Switch Lite, the application was published the day before US pre-orders started. So hopefully soon - maybe Wednesday the 14th if I had to guess.

Regarding the SNES Classic or Mario Game and Watch - those aren't wireless devices and don't appear in this FCC database. Do you have a source confirming those were held up for FCC approval? That was always widely speculated but I saw anything concrete. For the SNES, it looks like preorders went live 60 days after announcement. For Mario G&W they didn't do preorders, and for the Zelda G&W, retailers started preorders the day it was announced.

ah gotcha, I guess I remembered the FCC theories and it cemented in my brain as fact. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
hey preorder people, do we know the dimensions of the box yet?

I'm curious about how big it is and how things are laid out in there

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Anyone here has any idea when it could go live in Amazon Japan??? How was the situation with the Switch/Lite???

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, strange. I put in a preorder, not sure if i keep it, at Amazon.de. But for the first time ever i got to a screen where they verified my CC with the bank it's from.

Does this mean they charge immediately now, too, or what?

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Today in the Spanish Mediamark they upped the price to 350 lol
There's still no stock, so I don't know why.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
z7bXo27_d.webp

funniest shit I've ever seen

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I consider Argos taking my paypal payment as a savings scheme. It'll hurt this month (also bought the lego typewriter) but by the time October comes around I'll have forgotten about it so its like a free Switch!

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
If I cant get this I have my eyes set on a Switch and a 64GB thru 256GB SD card. It will be the HAC-001(-01) version.

Now to see how the North America pre orders go....whenever it starts.

Mr Pricklefingers

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 4, 2017
So apparently if you're new to Very you can use the code "WELCOME" and get 20% off. It worked for the OLED model, though I saw that PS5 and Xbox Series aren't applicable. So I got a 20% discount and don't have to pay off the balance till august 2022. Would recommend for UK people.

BOOEY

Jul 10, 2021
Just ordered there! Nice price too. And I cancelled my preorder with Saturn five minutes later. Don't like their payment/cancellation policies.

How did you guys find the Switch OLED listing? Through the Amazon Nintendo page, or searching for Switch OLED in the search bar? I've been refreshing the Amazon Nintendo page, but have the search results up just in case...

Last edited:

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got the white one on Amazon.de.
Didn't know they prevent pre-orders of more than one unit. Pretty neat!

Jul 18, 2018
North Carolina
Not trying to be mean in any way, but honestly nobody has any idea.

that's not mean at all lol, thanks for letting me know

Disappointed this exchange didn't erupt into a full-blown wildlife fight.

I figured after the FCC filing speculation you guys might have some other crazy patterns remembered lol

I don't remember all the patterns, and Switch Lite is just one data point, but the FCC docs were released on a Monday/Tuesday and this polygon article was posted at 9:30 EDT Wednesday.

Edit: So in 30 minutes we'll know if that pattern holds.

TanookiTom

Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
How do you cancel? Via eMail?

Within the 14 days you can do the "Widerruf" so I just sent them the form that I got attached to my order confirmation. Not sure if it's easier if you have an account with them. But Amazon ist just so easy to handle all this. And afaik Saturn will book the money even before the product is shipped (?).

Raccoon

May 31, 2019

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Within the 14 days you can do the "Widerruf" so I just sent them the form that I got attached to my order confirmation. Not sure if it's easier if you have an account with them. But Amazon ist just so easy to handle all this. And afaik Saturn will book the money even before the product is shipped (?).

Thanks, I sent them a message and they cancelled my order as well. Amazon ftw!

Jul 18, 2018
North Carolina
ahh this was the precedent I was looking for, thank you

guess we'll see soon lol

Yep, and actually the pattern might point to tomorrow. I think I was comparing FCC application submission dates and not approval dates. For the lite, it was approved on the 29th (some docs are dated the 30th) and preorders went live on the 31st. For the OLED, approval was yesterday (the 13th), so 2 days later would be the 15th. Either way, now that it's approved, there's no excuses anymore.

TanookiTom

Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
How did you guys find the Switch OLED listing? Through the Amazon Nintendo page, or searching for Switch OLED in the search bar? I've been refreshing the Amazon Nintendo page, but have the search results up just in case...

Good question, I just followed the link in the threadmark myself but don't think the product search brings up the Switch OLED just yet.