• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Well obviously the US, North America is gonna be later, lol. Congrats to those able to pre order in other countries.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
If it really is 400 here then I will definitely sell my OG 2017 one instead of keeping it for modding I guess.

Well, sucks but what can you do.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The FedEx guy just told me he's trying for a pre-order after seeing my Metroid Draculabyte shirt.

LET'S GO ALREADY

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Not buy it so the next Switch version isn't 449€

Has nothing to do with that, the current price conversion is fucked up in general, look at Sony games at 80€ while it's 70$ there.
Once 1:1 conversion was a slap in the face, but we're past that for some reason and it's not because I bought this or that product.

Last edited:

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Weird in portugal one of the shops i trust has the pre-orders open and it costs 350€.

The bad thing is that they are now taking the money at the time of the pre-order and not when it releases as it was with other consoles releases.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
store.nintendo.co.uk

Home | My Nintendo Store

All Nintendo. All in one place. Shop Nintendo games, consoles, official merchandise, amiibo, and more on My Nintendo Store. Free Delivery on orders over £20.

You can register interest at Nintendo UK but no pre-orders yet.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to annoy me because if they put the US preorders up later on in the day, I won't be available to preorder it immediately.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing is popping up on r/Gamestop so the waiting game continues.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got a notification from BB, but not that ordering is available, just linking to the landing page for the new Switch (still listed as " Coming Soon" )

HiredN00bs

Oct 25, 2017
Laurel, MD
Nearest brick and mortar GameStop (EDT) says no pre-orders currently. Associate speculated they would by end of this week or beginning of next.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Why tf is there a £7 delivery fee from Smyths, didn't think they'd stoop to GAME's level

They are very reliable though and you usually receive packages from them a day or two early.

Limless

Jan 7, 2021
Genius UK retailers are going to make pre-orders available while everyone's distracted watching the England vs Denmark game 😈 Thus ensuring me getting a pre-order! Mwuhahahaha

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, thanks.
I was wondering, since the page is showing both models now.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
About to be off the grid for the next couple of hours. That's when it'll go live!

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it's another great opportunity for a genius bootstrapper to become a tech-savvy person exploiting the supercharged resale market for scarce goods!

Spudstercool

Jul 14, 2019
For UK people:

It still kinda looks like GAME and Smyths Toys are the only ones offering preorders at the moment. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I caved and ordered from Smyths (7 pounds delivery), but am still keen to see whether an Amazon.co.uk SKU becomes available soon.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
For UK people:

It still kinda looks like GAME and Smyths Toys are the only ones offering preorders at the moment. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I caved and ordered from Smyths (7 pounds delivery), but am still keen to see whether an Amazon.co.uk SKU becomes available soon.
It will. Will be a random drop but Amazon usually get a pretty big allocation, so as long as you hear about it relatively quickly you'll get an order in.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
Best Buy must be getting close. They have a product landing page and emails for "preorder notifications". Although I always get those notifications hours late.