How do you feel about One Piece live action?

• I enjoyed it and I don’t have many complaints

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • I would have preferred if it deviated from the manga less

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • I feel like I live in a simulation because how do people like it

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I don’t know if I liked it but I did enjoy seeing how they adapted the manga

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • I expected a train wreck and was shocked that it worked

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • I can’t get over that One Piece has become an example of a good live action adaption

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FleenerW

Oct 25, 2017
What a week

375219584_7330181176997777_9047609464067366251_n.jpg
now where is one piece fighterz

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
OP fighter Z would be so much harder to make that DB.
There so much more characters and they can't reuse people as much lol .

Oct 25, 2017
A proper One Piece FighterZ would be difficult. Not only are there a ton of characters, many of them play differently. DB FighterZ was a lot of beams and explosions and punches.
The Straw Hats alone would be nuts. Now add the allies, the villains, the popular characters, and things would get out of hand.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Since the LA is starting to make people dream of impossible things, let me say something:

Super Smash Piece Ultimate > One Piece FighterZ

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wait a sec, is the interior of Kaya's mansion... the same mansion / set as Nile's mansion in Doom Patrol? Just redecorated?

I could be completely wrong, can't check atm, just very similar vibes in the kitchen and hall to me

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
www.resetera.com

Mobile Suit Gundam: Witch From Mercury Final Analysis (Characters, Themes & Thoughts) Anime/Manga

(art piece by Ryosuke Takeuchi) I thought it be best to fin ish up the second piece of my Witch From Mercury thread which you can all read right here...

There it is.
Gonna sit down and read it all later.

Looks like a great write up. I skimmed over parts of it and the section about Propsera's relationship with her daughters looks especially interesting.

If I may ask though… what's my contribution? Your special thanks at the end includes me and I don't get why.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all, the live action One Piece series has given me a severe case of nostalgia rush and I am looking into getting up to speed again. I think I dropped off somewhere in the middle of the Zou arc of the anime (I vaguely remember a fight between a big lion guy and a dog??), and thought I would catch up by starting again from the beginning One Pace's compressed Zou arc. Thing is, I am completely lost and it seems I've forgotten everything what happened at the start of the New World, so I quickly turned that off again :/.

I'm now thinking about jumping ship from anime to manga as I have more time to read than watch anime anyways, but I'm not sure what my best options are.

I simply don't have the time or patience anymore to watch the anime I'm afraid.

I have a Kindle Paperwhite and an iPad. I'm in Europe if it matters. I would love being able to read on my Kindle but that seems kinda expensive (about €6 per volume). Is there a subscription model I'm not aware of maybe? Or should I get the Shonen Jump thing on iPad?

How do all of you read it?

Thanks for any advice :)

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, the live action One Piece series has given me a severe case of nostalgia rush and I am looking into getting up to speed again. I think I dropped off somewhere in the middle of the Zou arc of the anime (I vaguely remember a fight between a big lion guy and a dog??), and thought I would catch up by starting again from the beginning One Pace's compressed Zou arc. Thing is, I am completely lost and it seems I've forgotten everything what happened at the start of the New World, so I quickly turned that off again :/.

I'm now thinking about jumping ship from anime to manga as I have more time to read than watch anime anyways, but I'm not sure what my best options are.

I have a Kindle Paperwhite and an iPad. I'm in Europe if it matters. I would love being able to read on my Kindle but that seems kinda expensive (about €6 per volume). Is there a subscription model I'm not aware of maybe? Or should I get the Shonen Jump thing on iPad?

First off, welcome to the OT! Dougieflesh, do the thing!

And yes, there is a subscription model, the SJ app gives you access to the entirety of the One Piece manga for $3/month (so I guess €3/month?), easily the best to go about getting caught up

Assuming you want to start at the beginning of the Zou arc, you'd start with Ch. 802.

Damn I dishonored bb? My fault y'all.
Go ahead and keep dreaming

Maybe this will be the one that gets a dub

You never know! Things have changed a lot this year for One Piece

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018

The mangaplus app lets you read all of One Piece exactly once for free (so you won't be able to reread older chapters) and it's available no matter your country

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto

Most of us who are American use either the Shonen Jump app or Manga Plus. I believe that Manga Plus is available in Europe and it will allow you to read all the chapters for free.

Oct 25, 2017
First off, welcome to the OT! Dougieflesh, do the thing!

And yes, there is a subscription model, the SJ app gives you access to the entirety of the One Piece manga for $3/month (so I guess €3/month?), easily the best to go about getting caught up

Assuming you want to start at the beginning of the Zou arc, you'd start with Ch. 802.

You never know! Things have changed a lot this year for One Piece
Dougie do the thing……..it don't hit the same Inosuke boy doing the thing is nasty work silfer come back!!

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
First off, welcome to the OT! @Dougieflesh, do the thing!
This was only supposed to be a one time thing!

Hello and welcome to the thread. We do this little survey as an icebreaker for new members to the thread. Hopefully you stick around cuz it's always fun to discuss the series with new people.

Favorite Straw Hat Pirate
Favorite Non-Straw Hat Pirate/Outlaw
Favorite Marine
Favorite Villain/Antagonist/Opponent (can be the same as one of the two above)
Favorite Arc
Favorite Location
Favorite Punch

Looking forward to your answers!

The Skypeia Lore

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
What is this Skypiea thread btw?

I feel I've been hearing about it for years. I've been seeing allusions to said thread since I became a regular here around 2021 or so.

Is it the Duke Nukem Forever of One Piece threads?

August 2018:
You know what?

Maybe I should finally make that Skypiea thread I've been wanting to do for months.

September 2018:
I wonder if I should finish my Skypiea thread before Sunday.

The Skypiea thread I'm working on might be my magnum opus.

That reminds me that I need to get around to finishing my Skypiea thesis.

January 2019:
Guess it's time for me to drop my ankle weights and finish that thread.

February 2019:
*shameless plug for my still-in-the-works Skypiea thread*

May 2019:
And my Skypiea thread is still in the works.
It will come....eventually. >.>

December 2019:
Damn, you had to ruin the surprise. Now I've got to delay it to March 2020.

April 2020:
I was gonna ask you since I won your giveaway, but then I remembered that you keep bothering me about the Skypiea thread lol
You can't rush perfection.

February 2022:
It's still in the works. I promise you that much!

March 2022:
Ladies and gentlemen.......

It's finally time to finish that Skypiea thread.

More fuel for the Skypiea thread.

December 2022:
Even more pressure to finish that Skypiea thread now after this chapter.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many more D's gonna be introduced with Vivi being revealed to be one and if they'll be a mc guffin to the end. Gather all the correct D's and something shall happen.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
I wish someone would make a Chrono Trigger type fan game that actually goes through the entire story

Maybe I should learn game dev

August 2018:

September 2018:

January 2019:

February 2019:

May 2019:

December 2019:

April 2020:

February 2022:

March 2022:

December 2022:
Every new chapter he has to rewrite most of it because of the implications

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
thanos.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

sddefault.jpg

What will be the outcome of the Luffy vs Kizaru fight? It's time to bet on it! Options are as follows

Team Luffy
Dougieflesh
Alexi52
Stunner911
B-Leg
Doskoi Panda
Team Kizaru
Tace
HiLife
Uncle at Nintendo
brain_

Winners pick the losers avatar which they must wear for 2 weeks. In the event the fight isn't finished the bet is null and void

Any takers? I already have my pick but I don't want to influence anyone just yet

This still going? If so, Team Luffy

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
For as much of a boon Ishitani is to One Piece animation I frankly can not wait for her to get chances to do her own stuff (assuming that's what she wants to do at some point).

Wouldn't surprise me if she can hit it off commercially on her first og project that she might become the next shinkai some years down the line(as in anime director name that's gonna become more well known)
Would be great to see. Give her any projects she wants. Hope she doesn't disappear like Rie Matsumoto though lol. Another great young talent that came from Toei, made a couple banger shows, and then disappeared (did a few music videos that were also great but that's about it)

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
First off, welcome to the OT!

The mangaplus app lets you read all of One Piece exactly once for free (so you won't be able to reread older chapters) and it's available no matter your country

Most of us who are American use either the Shonen Jump app or Manga Plus. I believe that Manga Plus is available in Europe and it will allow you to read all the chapters for free.

Thanks so much all of you! Definitely going to check out the Manga Plus app. I was fully prepared to spend some money but reading all of it for free? That feels almost criminal! :D.

I just remembered that I have the first 23 or so manga volumes in a box somewhere so I'm going to dig that up first and then probably switch to reading digitally :).

This was only supposed to be a one time thing!

Hello and welcome to the thread. We do this little survey as an icebreaker for new members to the thread. Hopefully you stick around cuz it's always fun to discuss the series with new people.

Favorite Straw Hat Pirate
Favorite Non-Straw Hat Pirate/Outlaw
Favorite Marine
Favorite Villain/Antagonist/Opponent (can be the same as one of the two above)
Favorite Arc
Favorite Location
Favorite Punch

Looking forward to your answers!
Hahah I will definitely try to stick around but I also don't want to read too many spoilers. Already accidentally read some things that are blowing my mind (while also making me more excited about what's to come!)

Favorite Straw Hat Pirate -> I love Chopper and Usopp as a duo, they always crack me up. If I had to pick a fav, I guess it would be Chopper. He's just too cute.
Favorite Non-Straw Hat Pirate/Outlaw -> Oh man you gonna make me choose?! It's been a long time so I don't remember everyone but obviously: Ace! And does Laboon count? :)
Favorite Marine -> Koby really grew on me in the live action series, so I'm going to say Koby! I also remember liking Aokiji.
Favorite Villain/Antagonist/Opponent -> Captain Kuro. He is just iconic. I have fond memories of me and my little sister being super creeped out by him when we first started watching One Piece together :).
Favorite Arc -> Water 7. From Robin's "I want to live", to Sogeking and Usopp's fight with Luffy... The burial at sea of the Merry... There were so many good moments.
Favorite Location -> Oof that's a tough one. While I found the arc somewhat lacking, I do enjoyed Fishman Island for its creativity and seeing how the fish people live :). And Water 7 was beautiful.
Favorite Punch -> Not sure, I guess Crocodile? I don't remember too many of them, but Crocodile's KO was pretty memorable and kick-ass!

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone. Can't say I'm surprised that the One Piece community is so kind and helpful!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
OP peaked at W7/Ennies Lobby so you have good opinions

wait Ace as the best non-straw hat? nvm you have terrible opinions :p

Status
Not open for further replies.