• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
"Launch exclusively on" implies a timed exclusive?
More or less everything "Epic exclusive" is timed. Generally for a year.

Judging from recent Obsidian RPG releases, about a year is the time it takes to reach a more-or-less final patch level, so I guess that's one advantage.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping "launch exclusively" means it's just a month exclusivity or something, at least less than a year

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Timestamp: "...and this is coming out on Steam and PS4 in addition to Xbox? Yes"

They didn't say when, I guess...

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
will buy for ÂŁ5 in 2 years after the bugs have been patched

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Such a shame the PC version of The Outer Worlds is getting delayed for a year. But I can wait, it's not a problem :)

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news! I hope that this means a slightly lower price and more visibility for what looks to be a great game.
giphy.gif

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Original tweet has been pulled.

Well it was obviusly posted by accident.

This post doesn't make any sense. More visibility by launching on a store with a smaller userbase?

If they really wanted visibility, wouldn't they launch on both?

You don't understand. Launching on epic only will give you MORE visibility than launching on epic, steam, gog and all the others simultaneously. #truefact

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of what you think of the Epic Store, this is false, multiple people have reported well discounted regional pricing on the Epic Store.
Regional pricing isn't a lower price, its just what they would have paid on Steam as it also has great regional pricing.

Meanwhile they don't get to buy cheaper keys from other stores.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
It's a new IP. Every little bit helps. Even all the stories that will go around today saying it's only on Epic will put it in front of more people.
im going to guess that the publishing stuff was done before TOWs perfect announcement timing happened.

The only thing im curious about is will the negative review bombing of Obsidians games happen before timed exclusivity is officially announced?

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Regardless of what you think of the Epic Store, this is false, multiple people have reported well discounted regional pricing on the Epic Store.
Regional pricing that were still higher than buying from third party stores, which can't sell if the game is on epic stores

Oct 27, 2017
How is it a lie that Deep Silver cut ten dollars off the price? Go check what the price was on Steam on the Internet Archive if you don't believe me.

You can buy steam keys for discounted prices on places other than the Steam store though.

Which is something you can't do for Epic keys.

It's a new IP. Every little bit helps. Even all the stories that will go around today saying it's only on Epic will put it in front of more people.

...and then it will launch on a much smaller store exclusively when it could have launched on multiple store fronts. This has absolutely nothing to do with visibility, since many new IPs launch on Steam or GOG or Origin or Uplay or and sell. This is a cash grab and nothing more.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Any word on how these egs exclusives have been selling? I can't imagine it getting any better with the continually backlash.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
No it didn't, stop spreading lies
Regional pricing isn't a lower price, its just what they would have paid on Steam as it also has great regional pricing.
I hate Epic store as much as the next person, but that is definitely true. Epic offers more regional pricing than Steam now, so for a lot of people, games will be cheaper there.

If your region is already supported by Steam, then the price on Epic store will be more or less the same as on Steam.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Steam needs to change there policy so companies can't use them for publicity then go actually we are just publishing on Epic store...

Glad I had decided to get this on console already.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
How is it a lie that Deep Silver cut ten dollars off the price? Go check what the price was on Steam on the Internet Archive if you don't believe me.

Oh no, what a tragedy.

They reduced price US only and it was still not cheaper than what you could get it for before exclusivity. You could get that game for 45$ before became exclusive and 50$ after.

Status
Not open for further replies.