ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Alright you know what? One for Peacock too.

The Exorcist: Believer will be on Peacock the first week of December. Like December 8th.

I almost wasn't going to say it for December, but the physical release being on Thanksgiving made me go fuck it. Heck, I'll probably be wrong and it'll be Jan/Feb 2024. But fuck it. Oppenheimer will be announced for December 22nd drop. Exactly one week before the drop to give the digital and physical time to sell for the holidays.

Getting all the Ls ready. Let's do it.

Chitown B

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
The Secret of Foggy Mountain is up. So dumb and ridiculous, but it's fun.

Anyone having an issue on the app on Google TV where it says there's a problem with the Puss in Boots photo every time you open it? You have to hit Retry and then it works.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to start making minor monthly updates regarding possible US Peacock drops. This will be less detailed compared to the Disney+ thread. Mainly because legacy content goes in and out constantly, while NBC and similarly owned networks get episodes up next day. However, there will be some exceptions that I'll make a note about. But this will mainly focus on Universal's recently released theatrical films and Lionsgate films released two years prior. Let's get started:

- Let's get to the exceptions I mentioned first. Most of the pre-existing contracts on live action Universal films prior to the 2020/2021 launch of the service has expired. FuboTV had dibs for many films prior to 2020. The last notable example being Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. The only thing of note is that US Starz has begun getting the 2022 theatrical line-up of Live Action films (US Netflix and US Prime Video are starting to share the animated 2022 line-up in it's Pay 2 Window), but it is getting much easier to watch Universal films on major streaming services these days. Especially not too long after theaters during the streaming launch.

We really only have three films in question that are not easily accessible to the general public on any of the major services, including Starz. And all three are 2019 animated films: How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, Secret Life of Pets 2, and Abominable. Abominable is currently under pre-existing contract with DirectTV and FXNow (the hold up is most likely DirectTV). But the weird thing is How To Train Your Dragon 3 has recently left FuboTV at the beginning of this year... and it's nowhere to be found. Same with Secret Life of Pets 2. They're both not on any major services. Not FuboTV. Not DirectTV or anyone similar that can be tracked. They're completely MIA. This is particularly odd for HTTYD3 when next year a live action movie is coming out, and a theme park area is going to live next year as well. You would think Universal would want the entire trilogy available on some major service, bringing in that licensing money Universal really wants. Hopefully when the April 2024 schedule comes in, we can see one of these two films show up.

- With Trolls Band Together arriving on US Peacock on March 15th, I am not anticipating Migration coming to the service any time soon. After all, why would they have two animated films of there's compete with each other when they can spread them out? I am currently predicting a May 2024 drop for the film. Could they technically do April so it's a four month wait time like Trolls 3 did from theaters to streaming? Yes. And I'd love to be wrong about this. But I'm getting a funny feeling they'll withhold so they'll have a two month stretch similar to Mario and Ruby Gilman last year. Not to mention they can then do another two months to Kung Fu Panda 4. But we'll talk about that film more next month.
- I actually think Night Swim will be our April 2024 film drop. Lower performing film, but an easy film to use as your big pitch for streaming while you milk Migration's theatrical and home digital sales a little longer.
- I'm also anticpating that Lisa Frankenstien will be our other April 2024 drop and that those two will be good enough for Universal for that month.
- Drive-Away Dolls could also a April 2024 drop, but due to it being a late February theatrical film, it could be saved for May 2024 alongside Migration.
- We will discuss American Society next month.
- A reminder that Argylle will be going to AppleTV+ despite the theatrical distribution being Universal Pictures.
- As I stated in another thread, US Peacock will begin getting Lionsgate theatrical films from 2022 this year. The first will be The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. We are currently waiting for it's Pay 1 window with US Starz to conclude. We'll get a warning on the monthly US Starz list when that happens via it's "Leaving This Month" section. I have reason to believe the upcoming April 2024 list will confirm it's leaving then, as we approach the two year anniversary of the film and the 18 month Pay 1 window winds down. If that happens, then we will need to wait for the May 2024 Peacock list to confirm the arrival date. But we'll discuss that once we have confirmation from US Starz that the film is leaving the service. Stay tuned!
- Fall, Clerks III, and Prey for the Devil will come later this year to the service. Alice, Darling was released in theaters on December 30th, 2022, so that may not be until next year. Regardless, it will be a little while longer until all those films come to US Peacock. So we'll talk about those more later.

That's all for this month. I'll do another update post at the end of March after we get the Peacock April 2024 list so we can asses potential next steps for films. Including Kung Fu Panda 4 and American Society. See you then!

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, time for the US Peacock April 2024 mini-update on what's to come.

- How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World went back to FuboTV. What the heck is the pre-existing contract terms FuboTV has with animated films in the Late 2010s? Because damn, they have some good terms. I'll keep tracking the film. Hopefully we can see this go to the big streaming services before the Live Action film makes it's way to theaters.
- Abominable... shockingly is not being held up by DirectTV? It seems it's now just on FXNow? Could it actually make it to US Peacock as soon as the FXNow contract is done? Or will FuboTV once again find it's way to snag another film in pre-existing contract prison. Stay tuned!
- Secret Life of Pets 2 is still just chilling without being hosted anywhere. Hopefully we see this on the May list... unless FuboTV strikes again!

And now onto Universal Pictures theatrical 2024 film updates:
- A reminder again: No Argylle coming to US Peacock despite Universal distributing the movie in theaters. It's going to AppleTV+. You will need to sub to that service for the movie.
- Eating crow on Migration. Thought for sure they'd save it for May 2024. That said, expect a few months before Kung Fu Panda 4 goes to US Peacock. I'd say July 2024 based on Trolls 3 and Migration waiting four months.
- We will talk about Monkey Man and Abigail in the May 2024 mini-update. Too soon to talk about them.

Focus Features theatrical 2024 film updates:
- With Lisa Frakenstein just coming out on Friday, I'm expecting Drive Away Dolls to arrive by the third week of April. We'll get a one week notice just like we do with all Focus Features films. The only way we would get a longer notice would be if a Focus Features film had a bigger box office breakout. I don't see that happening though, at least any time soon.
- American Society will probably be a May 2024 drop. It'll have a month for home digital sales and then head over quickly.
- We'll talk about Housekeeping for Begginners in the May 2024 mini-update.

Lionsgate 2022 Pay 2 Film Slate update:
- There was part of me that honestly though we would get The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent in Late April. I'm assuming it is going to be on the May list, but since this is the first time we'll be getting a theatrical Pay 2 Window Lionsgate film, I'm not certain. This film will set the rules for how films from Lionsgate go from Starz to Peacock. Stay tuned!
- We have a few months before more Lionsgate 2022 films head to US Peacock.

That's all for this months update. See you in late April for the May 2024 Mini-update!

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
thanks for posting this stuff, gives me a good idea of what is up there...

i just got turned onto Resident Alien; its a pretty good show. It was way funnier at the beginning but they start going a bit too hard on the character storylines, but at least the overall mystery is interesting and not too dumb sci-fi concepts

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, time for the US Peacock May 2024 mini-update on what's to come.

- How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World is still being held hostage by US FuboTV. I don't know what contract it has on major animated films, but... damn. They're good. Stay tuned!
- Abominable is still on FXNow for the time being. We're just waiting out the clock for the pre-existing contract with the network to expire. Hopefully when it does, it heads to US Peacock. And hopefully NOT US FuboTV.
- Secret Life of Pets 2 ... WENT BACK TO US FUBOTV. AAAAAAAA. What the heck is this contract for major animated films? I'm scared for Abominable.

And now onto Universal Pictures theatrical 2024 film updates:
- Mark my words, Kung Fu Panda 4 won't be coming until July. We've been on a four month window for animation. Unless Universal wants to change the game again. And to be fair, Kung Fu Panda 4 is having an extremely well box office run. But for now, expect it no earlier than July. With a release date announcement in June.
- Monkey Man is already on home digital. We're in an interesting spot with this movie because it's a mainline Universal Studios film, but because it was acquired/bought rather than ordered in-house, it might be on different rules? I'm going to say August for now just to be safe. But watch this be a curveball and they rush it to June for streaming. If they treat it like a Focus Features film, then we won't know until one week before the release.
- Abigail will 100% be an August release. That I'm sure on.
- We will talk about The Fall Guy in Next Month's update.

Focus Features theatrical 2024 film updates:
- Housekeeping For Beginners will 100% be a June 2024 addition. American Society's announcement today proved that. Probably first half of the month.
- We will talk about "Back To Black" next month.

Lionsgate 2022 Pay 2 Film Slate update:
- Ok, what the heck is happening with "The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent"? It was not on the May US Peacock list. It has left US Starz. According to the trades, the Pay 2 Window was supposed to be US Peacock. So... where is it? It is very strange considering Sony immediately delivers their 2022 films to Disney after Netflix's 18 months exclusivity window expires for each individual film. I guess we're waiting until next month to see if it's on the June List. Are they maybe withholding it so that they make up for no major Universal Pictures film in June? Is that it?
- Until we know what happens with Unbearable Weight, we can not determine windows for any other 2022 Lionsgate Pay 2 Window film. Stay tuned for now!

That's it for the US Peacock May 2024 mini-update. See you in late May for the June 2024 update! (Note: It won't happen until after US Peacock posts their finalized list for the month)

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Beginning in mid-July, the price for Peacock Premium (with ads) will increase by $2 to $7.99 per month and Peacock Premium Plus (mostly ad-free) is also going up by $2 to $13.99 per month. Peacock Premium's annual price will increase from $59.99 to $79.99, while Premium Plus is going from $119.99 to $139.99 per year.

variety.com

Peacock Hiking Prices for Second Time in Two Years

NBCUniversal is raising the price of Peacock this summer, coming one year after the streamer's last fee hike.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's too rich for my blood. I'll probably cancel (after I find time to watch Oppenheimer).

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The 4 individuals who are paying for Peacock every month are gonna have some tough decisions to make.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
They think they're Netflix, but they're not.

No one on Earth will pay $14/month for Peacock after they lose the WWE rights.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You forgot to put a 3 in front of the 4, and a million at the end. But sure. It's funnier when we all act like whatever the collective here thinks is the correct opinion to make inaccurate snark.
It's snark sure, and certainly hyperbole as well.

But it's Peacock. It's nowhere near the top dog in terms of streaming services. And now they are asking $8 a month with ads? I like a few of their original shows (Ted, McGruber, Poker Face, Twisted Metal), but outside of wresting fans and those with deep pockets, who the hell is spending money every month on this service?

The 'collective here', on Resetera, actually knows what the hell Peacock is. I don't think that's the case for the average American. It's just not a good streaming service. And I have no idea how they have 34 million viewers. I don't know how 34 million people even know what Peacock is.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I mean they have the WWE (for now), it's probably still a deal for avid watchers of that. If they somehow get the NBA that would help them as well though there would almost assuredly be another increase.