Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tbh I kinda like this brave new world show even though it's silly. Pure just guilty pleasure fluff and I don't mind it. The capture was excellent.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Literally just waiting for Peacock to fold and hit the Roku/Amazon platforms. Realistically don't see a way for them to hold out for that supposed Disney+ style deal when they have nowhere near the same amount of pull.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Literally just waiting for Peacock to fold and hit the Roku/Amazon platforms. Realistically don't see a way for them to hold out for that supposed Disney+ style deal when they have nowhere near the same amount of pull.

I'm hoping. I'm not touching it until it hits either of those.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping. I'm not touching it until it hits either of those.

As it stands there's literally no way they don't fold to at least Roku's distribution service. They don't have anywhere near the demand of a Disney or the production output of a Netflix to justify pulling what they're doing now for weird agreements terms. Worst case scenario is that Netflix loses some more NBC shows like the office and peacock is still left out in the cold because they don't exist on a the platform a massive swath of smart tv's out there use or that a ridiculously large amount of amazon users utilize. It's really just a ticking timebomb for them.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

Comcast isn't exactly known for folding after a few setbacks. And they have a large built in-network of customers with their cable and internet business.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I used the three free months code and now I see four one dollar charges on my CC. Anyone else get that? I can understand one charge to verify the card is real, but four?

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I am halfway through. The critics got it wrong. A 7.something so far. A good but obviously not great adoption and closer to the book than expected but I can´t feel any Morrison tough. He wrote ep 1 (with 2 other writers) and ep 8 (by himself). The book remains a masterpiece to this day. We read it in English during high school and saw the trashy 1998 TV movie.

There is also this 1980 adaptation that looks 1,5 decades older and was shot in mono. I´ll watch it on Sunday.
www.youtube.com

Brave New World(1980)-Full Length Movie.mp4

You peeps are crazy if you think that Warner will fold. This site has no understanding of the overdocumented film and tv business. Lol.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I am halfway through. The critics got it wrong. A 7.something so far. A good but obviously not great adoption and closer to the book than expected but I can´t feel any Morrison tough. He wrote ep 1 (with 2 other writers) and ep 8 (by himself). The book remains a masterpiece to this day. We read it in English during high school and saw the trashy 1998 TV movie.

There is also this 1980 adaptation that looks 1,5 decades older and was shot in mono. I´ll watch it on Sunday.
www.youtube.com

You peeps are crazy if you think that Warner will fold. This site has no understanding of the overdocumented film and tv business. Lol.

I want to check out Brave New World soon.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Lack of Roku/Amazon Fire support is very very bad.

This 30 Rock special is pretty good for one of those things. Much better than P&R
I disagree. The first minute or so I was really excited, but it quickly became too much about Peacock. 30 Rock can pull off advertising stuff, but this was played too straight (for 30 Rock). I found myself really disappointed by this, while the P&R thing was kind of alright.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA

Cbrun44

Wasn't aware that this has a free option. Pretty good film selection where you literally play 3 minutes of ads then watch your selection without interruption. Watched Dave Chappele's Block Party this morning.

I have no intention on paying for another service but I'll take this for free, especially considering they seem to have quite a good initial library.

May 25, 2019
London
Just sat down to continue our Frasier binge watch where we left off from Netflix, to get hit with a fucking 30 second commercial. Gonna cancel it after the first month if the commercials intro every fucking epsiode.

There's two premium tiers - Premium with ads ($5 a month or free to Xfinity subscribers), and Premium without ads ($10 a month, or $5 to Xfinity subscribers).

The service also doesn't prevent the use of ad blockers, it just throws up a dialog asking you to disable it. You can just move right past it

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
There's two premium tiers - Premium with ads ($5 a month or free to Xfinity subscribers), and Premium without ads ($10 a month, or $5 to Xfinity subscribers).

The service also doesn't prevent the use of ad blockers, it just throws up a dialog asking you to disable it. You can just move right past it
Noticed it didn't do it when i did the trial. I was going to continue the sub until i noticed they only have 1 season of Highlander. Who the fuck has 1 out of 6 seasons of a 1992 show. So i have just been watching on IMDB tv. Nothing new and exclusive to it interest me.

3CellPO

Banned
Jul 13, 2020

Yeah, we have the $9.99 without ads.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, you need the flex to get it (I think? I haven't tried on the desktop)

Ah okay. So to clarify once set up, it would only be available thru the Flex device?

I was hoping once you use Flex you have access to the premium version of Peacock no matter the platform. I occasionally watch shows on my Tablet/Phone so it would've been nice.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, just saw a Prime commercial featuring a bunch of Universal shows. Hubby even said "Peacock?" halfway through lol

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
So this is dumb - on PC when I watch SNL, there's about 8 ad breaks. Very same episode on Apple TV has only 1. This service is a clusterfuck.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just looking at the list of shows, and spotted Code Monkeys, that old 32bit animated show that aired on G4.

I'm not sure I'll watch it though. Can't imagine it holds up.

Jul 4, 2018
techcrunch.com

NBCU's Peacock streaming service hits 1.5M app downloads in first 6 days | TechCrunch

NBCU's Peacock appears to be having a somewhat better launch than Quibi did, based on data from app store intelligence firm Sensor Tower. While numbers

In Peacock's case, Sensor Tower says the mobile app has now been downloaded around 1.5 million times across the U.S. App Store and Google Play within its first 6 days on the market.

For comparison, that's 25% more than the 1.2 million installs Quibi saw during the same period post-launch in the U.S., but only 12% of the 13 million downloads Disney+ generated within its first six days.

I don't think this is really threadworthy as the service doesn't seem to be gaining much buzz (HBO MAX had more even if it was largely negative) but if someone wants to make one feel free.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Peacock's audio is all fucked up.

The only way I can get surround sound is to Airplay from my iPad to my Vizio TV. Since the app doesn't officially support airplay (not sure why, the NBC app does) I have to Airplay from the iPad pull down menu and make sure the screen is always on- so I need to plug it in, and dim the screen all the way. lol. If the screen turns off or I change apps, playback k stops.

Ridiculous.

Jul 4, 2018
Peacock

What's gone right: It's free! People also like its live channels devoted to specific topics.

What's gone wrong: Peacock lost the Olympics as a big marketing platform, and has yet to release any originals that generated much attention.

Verdict: Incomplete. Comcast was very much relying on the Olympics as a marketing vehicle for this service, and just changed the leadership for NBCUniversal at the start of the year.

Source:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/news...arly-winners-and-losers-of-the-streaming-wars

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that this service isn't on Roku. It would be a deal breaker if I hadn't pre-ordered a year of it, assuming it would be there.

nopattern

Nov 25, 2017
Its fucking hilarious to me that a Saved by the Bell reboot is making people excited lol. Like...what?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So much for the service coming to PS4 on the week of the 20th.

First it was reported that the service was coming "starting on the 20th" and then they said "actually it's the week of the 20th" only for that to pass with no real update. The twitter account just keeps saying "shortly" which they've been saying since the "week of the 20th" stuff.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Every episode of Brave New World is up for free this weekend. Worth it?

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Can anyone explain how the Premier League football (soccer) is shared out? Are some matches on regular NBC Sports and the rest on Peacock?

Phineous_2

Oct 29, 2017
Downloaded the roku app. Watched this week's Wilmore and Amber Ruffin. Enjoyed them both, with the latter being quite a surprise. It's uneven, but feels like such an experiment that I forgave it when jokes didn't work. It reminded me of VERY early comedy central shows ( before the comedy central branding) that were just trying new things in an empty studio to see what worked. Will definitely watch next week.

stuckpixel

Dec 27, 2017
Can anyone explain how the Premier League football (soccer) is shared out? Are some matches on regular NBC Sports and the rest on Peacock?
If you have Peacock Premium you can stream all games not on network or cable TV live. Games on NBC or NBCSN are available for replay at 6:00 PM PDT the same day. There are also "Peacock Exclusive" matches that are also available live.

I love this approach. I was paying $35 for Sling. I can wait few hours to watch matches if it saves me $25 bucks a month.