• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
I love Peaky Blinders, but has anyone actually seen like 5 people walking side by side like that hogging up the entire street?

The most I've seen is 3 lol.

Deleted member 4434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super excited, such a great series!

Wonder if it'll air it in the fall or
giphyudjou.gif

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get how this show doesn't have a bigger following in the states. It's a fantastic show and of course Cillian is great.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get how this show doesn't have a bigger following in the states. It's a fantastic show and of course Cillian is great.
I dropped it after 5 episodes or something. I just had the feeling I was watching Boardwalk Empire all over again and felt it was going nowhere in those 5 episodes. My love for Nick Cave can only keep me interested for so long.

Oct 27, 2017
I dropped Season 3 about halfway through, but I think it's because I binged everything up until that point and just got caught with fatigue. Should go through it again.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
One of the best shows ever, and this looks AMAZING! Honestly manages to look even more beautiful than the previous seasons by the looks of it, and the show already had quite crazy production values.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Good show, I don't feel it ever really reaches "great" and I think Boardwalk Empire was a better "gangster" show but this is still really fun to watch. Unfortunately for Americans I think it airs on BBC in the summer time and then will take a while to reach US shores, although I wonder with all these new streaming services if any are gonna put it on.

S1-4 was on Netflix, probably still is, thats where I caught all of it over 2 weeks

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I'm wondering if Tommy makes it to parliament based on some of the shots in this. He's already the mayor so why not?

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Gonna miss Alfie massively but I'm legit looking forward to the show's return regardless.

Oct 27, 2017
I've not long began watching this and I'm almost done with series 1. It's fucking brilliant. The characters are excellent and the acting is so good. Sam Neill with a Belfast accent and Cillian Murphy with a Brummie accent just blows my mind every time because they're so convincing. And the soundtrack is fucking hot fire.

Aug 16, 2019
UK
Season 5 is bad for now, pretentious monologues out of the blue just because people expect them, clan wars with a clan that should be barely an issue for them...

I am a fanboy and I'll still finish it... But boy did the quality fall.

And cinematography is absolute rubbish and I don't understand why

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Season 5 is bad for now, pretentious monologues out of the blue just because people expect them, clan wars with a clan that should be barely an issue for them...

I am a fanboy and I'll still finish it... But boy did the quality fall.

And cinematography is absolute rubbish and I don't understand why
another clan war? that was last series' plot.

Aug 16, 2019
UK
another clan war? that was last series' plot.
Yeah... Exactly... and I will not spoil who they are, I'll just tell you they are even smaller than Sabini and Solomon... Barely an inconvenience... But for some reason we a have to pretend we are on the edge...

The antagonist is good though, that I have to say, the puppet master behind it all

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... Exactly... and I will not spoil who they are, I'll just tell you they are even smaller than Sabini and Solomon... Barely an inconvenience... But for some reason we a have to pretend we are on the edge...

The antagonist is good though, that I have to say, the puppet master behind it all
I disagree I've loved this season. Yes the big bads aren't as "big" as seasons past but I'm loving the Mastermind and every time he enters the room I get excited. He's putting on a masterclass in how to overact without giving away the game like Adrien did last season (although I loved him too he was simply too over the top). Plus the last two seasons were too scattered. The show benefits from a little narrowing, even if it was perhaps narrowed a bit too much. At worst I think it'll dovetail nicely into season 6 assuming they get one. The country is moving fairly quickly towards WWII and I'm dying to see how the family fares in that sort of environment

Aug 16, 2019
UK
I disagree I've loved this season. Yes the big bads aren't as "big" as seasons past but I'm loving the Mastermind and every time he enters the room I'm excited. Plus the last two seasons were too scattered. The show benefits from a little narrowing (even if it was perhaps narrowed a bit too much). At worst I think it'll dovetail nicely into season 6 assuming they get one. The country is moving fairly quickly towards WWII and I'm dying to see how the family fares in that sort of environment
The series will end in season 7 just before the start of WW2

Aug 16, 2019
UK
Is that the official word? It makes sense if so. The country is already moving away from the laissez faire environment where they can get away with as much as they do so I have always suspected it was either go legit or go down in a hail of bullets
Yes, that is the official word. i doubt they'll change it, I imagine the cast will be eager to move on after season 7