modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Buy The Last of Us™ Part 1 - PS5™ Disc Game | PlayStation® (US)

Experience the emotional storytelling and unforgettable characters of Joel and Ellie in The Last of Us, now rebuilt for PlayStation®5.

EDIT: I am seeing some confusion here because I've quoted the firefly edition details, the regular version also gets the Left Behind DLC. I've checked both pages ahead fo posting it but forgot to clarify. The Firefly edition is a PlayStation Direct exclusive with some bonuses included.

ps5-tlou-part-1-game-box-front

ps5-tlou-part-1-firefly-edition-game-box-front

Get The Last of Us Part I Firefly Edition, only available to buy as an exclusive directly from PlayStation®.

Experience the emotional storytelling and unforgettable characters of Joel and Ellie in The Last of Us, winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards and now rebuilt for PlayStation®5.

Enjoy a total overhaul of the original experience, faithfully reproduced but incorporating modernized gameplay, improved controls and expanded accessibility options. Plus, feel immersed with improved effects and enhanced exploration and combat.

The Last of Us™ Part I Firefly Edition includes the complete The Last of Us single-player story (PS5™) and celebrated prequel chapter, Left Behind; limited edition SteelBook® display case; The Last of Us: American Dreams #1 - #4 comics reprint with new cover art; and early in-game unlocks*.

ps5-tlou-part-1-ellie-concerned

ps5-tlou-part-1-joel

ps5-tlou-part-1-joel-ellie-scared

ps5-tlou-part-1-ellie-serious

ps5-tlou-part-1-ellie-joel-bridge

ps5-tlou-part-1-ellie-rifle

ps5-tlou-part-1-ellie-riley

ps5-tlou-part-1-ellie-riley-dance

ps5-tlou-part-1-horse-ride

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Whoops!

Also wtf multiple parts?
nvm haha i forgot

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I was 100% sure this would be pc as well to help beef up their pc offerings. Damn. Will still probably play it, though. haha.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Screenshots don't seem to be as drastic of a remake as I anticipated, just like a remaster of the remaster? Still, cool I guess. If they brought over the same controls/gameplay elements of TLOU2 into TLOU1 that would be cool (going off that description)

edit: trailer and comparisons later show a better difference for sure

Last edited:

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
PlayStation Direct isn't about to let the Microsoft Store have all the fun

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That looks really great, oof I will have to get a PS5 again sooner rather than later. I hope they make a slim model for 2023.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
someone from sony got jealous of the immaculate record the ms store has with leaks. dare i say it was an inside enemy of ps?

Oct 27, 2017
🤔 interesting looks good. Don't know if I would go back and play it again. But for the people that are playing it for the first time or again I'm sure will enjoy the new eye candy

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
At first glance it doesn't look like a huge graphical leap, specially in character models.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I thought this was going to be a full remake, RE-style? Seems a bit more like the Bluepoint Demon's Souls treatment though? Not a bad thing but probably means I won't bother playing through it again just for fancier graphics.

Not long before someone gets some screen grabs from the original to compare those shots to :)

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Screenshots don't seem to be as drastic of a remake as I anticipated, just like a remaster of the remaster? Still, cool I guess. If they brought over the same controls/gameplay elements of TLOU2 into TLOU1 that would be cool (going off that description)
The images are downsized heavily, i am not sure if there is a higher qualtiy version of them.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be launching only on PS5. The trailer says "in development for PC".

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
love the game, but feels too soon to replay this game. But great for those who have yet to experience it.