Chanser

Oct 27, 2017
most of her fortune, estimated on Wednesday by Forbes magazine to be $1.7bn (£1.2bn), does not come from chart-topping singles, but from the success of her cosmetics empire.

Rihanna, 33, launched the beauty brand, of which she owns 50%, with the French luxury conglomerate LVMH in 2017. In its first year, Fenty Beauty achieved sales of $550m, far more than other celebrity-endorsed makeup ranges. Forbes magazine estimates that the company is now worth "a conservative $2.8bn".
www.theguardian.com

Billionaire Rihanna named world’s richest female musician

Umbrella singer’s estimated $1.7bn fortune owed largely to success of Fenty Beauty

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dang I forgot about Rihanna, this is a pretty surprising headline. I didn't even realize she was in cosmetics.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
🎵 Oh, how about a round of applause?
Yeah, a standing ovation
🎶

Is she going to contemplate recording a new song/album anytime soon?

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
cosmetics is a really profitable business. that shit is cheap as fuck to make but you can upcharge like crazy. profit margins are insane.

i wonder if or when that bubble will pop tho, everybody tryna get into it now.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm past old if peeps don't know Oprah is a billionaire and has been for some time

Anyway, grats to Rihanna

Rayasab

Banned
Apr 12, 2021
Cosmetics are a billionaires maker worldwide, seeing how makeup youtubers become a millionaires in couple of years is just mind blowing

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
release

that

fucking

album
tumblr_om0yry7qQe1uxzw86o1_1280.gif

Deleted member 69501

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2020
Mad respect. Ppl don't even understand what she had done for our black Queen's when it comes to makup. If ever you wondered what institutionalized racism looks like, research the makup industry.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
She's definitely closer to the ethical side on the spectrum regarding the creation of wealth.

Aren't most cosmetics produced via (at times pretty extreme) animal torture?
Making a billion in that business doesn't exactly scream ethical to me.
Directly from Fenty's website

Fenty Beauty + Fenty Skin are cruelty-free and never test on animals, nor do we allow suppliers to conduct animal testing on our behalf. While many of the products are free of animal byproducts, Fenty Beauty is not considered a vegan line: A handful of our products may contain ingredients of animal origin, such as beeswax and carmine. For information on specific products, please refer to the Ingredients tab on the product pages. Fenty Skin is a fully vegan line.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
She's definitely closer to the ethical side on the spectrum regarding the creation of wealth.

Directly from Fenty's website

Fenty Beauty + Fenty Skin are cruelty-free and never test on animals, nor do we allow suppliers to conduct animal testing on our behalf. While many of the products are free of animal byproducts, Fenty Beauty is not considered a vegan line: A handful of our products may contain ingredients of animal origin, such as beeswax and carmine. For information on specific products, please refer to the Ingredients tab on the product pages. Fenty Skin is a fully vegan line.
That's pretty wholesome.
Yeah, maybe she is the most ethical billionaire then.