Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
This was said in the earnings call.

Edit: With AoE and Flight Sim confirmed I took out Doom and Starfield, at my best guess these are:

Minecraft

Halo

Gears of War

Forza

AoE

Flight Sim

TES

Fallout

COD

Warcraft

Overwatch

Diablo

Candy Crush

If not those 13, what are your best guesses for the other ones?

Edit: From Idas and the FTC trial MSFS and AoE are definitely part of the list.

From the FTC leaks (2019 data). I was also surprised that Flight Simulator and Age of Empires were so big:

GI80BVi.jpg

Last edited:

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
If you count Hearthstone as a separate thing from Warcraft, that's probably one of them.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
But Warcraft should count everything no? So the strategy games and WOW as well, but I dont know how they are counting these.

They are likely together, I just don't know if they count Hearthstone as part of Warcraft, even though it is "technically" part of that franchise.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I hope Fable is good and turns into a huge success. I'm curious to see what they do with Perfect Dark as I still feel like that is a franchise that has a lot of potential depending on the direction they go with it. Would be cool if these two could eventually be billion dollar franchises.

OP
OP
Marano

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I hope Fable is good and turns into a huge success. I'm curious to see what they do with Perfect Dark as I still feel like that is a franchise that has a lot of potential depending on the direction they go with it. Would be cool if these two could eventually be billion dollar franchises.
The reality is the bulk of billion dollar franchises cant do it being SP only, Bethesda being the exception here.

Fossora

Jun 14, 2023
I know Hearthstone is based on Warcraft lore but maybe its counted separately? I think of it as big enough to be considered its own thing rather than just "that WoW card game."

finally

Jul 22, 2019
I don't understand this," AB acquisition has given Microsoft 13 different video-game franchises worth $1 billion" and then you proceed to mention the following games which are not published by AB??

Minecraft

Halo

Gears of War

Forza

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
  1. Call of Duty
  2. Candy Crush
  3. Minecraft
  4. Warcraft
  5. The Elder Scrolls
  6. Fallout
  7. Halo
  8. Diablo
  9. Overwatch
  10. Starcraft
  11. Microsoft Flight Simulator
  12. Age of Empires
  13. Gears of War
That's my guess.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I know Hearthstone is based on Warcraft lore but maybe its counted separately? I think of it as big enough to be considered its own thing rather than just "that WoW card game."
They are likely together, I just don't know if they count Hearthstone as part of Warcraft, even though it is "technically" part of that franchise.

Hearthstone's full title is "Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft" so it will absolutely be counted as part of Warcrafr.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
do you mean Starcraft? I doubt Starfield has generated $1b.

May 21, 2021
Blackthorne
Gabriel Knight
King's Quest
Leisure Suit Larry
The Lost Vikings
Phantasmagoria
Pitfall
River Raid
Rock N' Roll Racing
Space Quest
True Crime
Vigilante 8
Zork

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this," AB acquisition has given Microsoft 13 different video-game franchises worth $1 billion" and then you proceed to mention the following games which are not published by AB??

Minecraft

Halo

Gears of War

Forza
It could be interpreted both ways but yes, this is a good point.