ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
This seems to confirm that leak that after the main story, you switch to John Marston to build his ranch before the events of the original RDR. The Cowboy Builder trophy seems like it implies that.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
I know they would throw in dumb multiplayer trophies. No platinum for me lol.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
It's just something people like. No harm, no foul.
I do too... even have a few plats myself. But if a platinum looks like a pain, I have no problem accepting I'll never earn it. Trophies are there as a means of giving the player an optional way to engage with and enjoy the game. If a trophy doesn't look fun, I just ignore it. Guess some folks struggle with that.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
"Leaked."
Gotta stop with that, people. Trophy lists are updated to the PSN/XBL two weeks before a games scheduled release date and it's been that way for 10 years.
Normally you'd be right, but in this case it was literally screen capped from a leaked copy. The RDR trophies haven't been updated to the servers yet (and for select games they don't go up until a day or so beforehand).

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
This seems to confirm that leak that after the main story, you switch to John Marston to build his ranch before the events of the original RDR. The Cowboy Builder trophy seems like it implies that.
I sure hope not. You can see it coming from a mile awhile and
I don't want to play as Marston because I know what happens to him and for me at least, that ruins it.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Are we even sure theres an actual game leak? Anyone with a leaked copy shouldnt have access to trophies yet
Anytime I've ever had a review copy of the game, I'm able to access the trophies. I had Spider-Man in August and was able to see them, they just don't ping to the PSN so no one else can see them.

However, they usually require you to unlock one trophy before you can see them. I'm not sure how to see them otherwise but it looks like the guy isn't signed in to PSN so maybe that's how you do it.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I sure hope not. You can see it coming from a mile awhile and
I don't want to play as Marston because I know what happens to him and for me at least, that ruins it.
Yeah, I both agree and don't agree.
It sounds like it'll have fun activities and stuff to do, I don't mind playing as John again either. I might prefer staying with Arthur though after ya know, building him up for an entire game provided he survives the end of the game.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Another Rank 50 trophy
giphy.webp

RDR Online was hell of a grind during those last levels. I most have played one of the gang locations more than 100 times and even that wasn't enough.

How many MP trophies are there?
It looks like its 17.

EDIT: Oh no I just noticed! The Gold Medals are back...
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

I don't really need to play as John in this game, but I want something at the end doing a better job of resolving Jack's story after RDR1

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
Those MP trophies can fuck off.

MVP 3 times
Create a Posse
Reach rank 50 - this will probably take 100 hours alone.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
GTA V might've introduced checkpoints to cut down on the frustrations, but gold medal side objectives seem so pointless (honestly, an annoying 'feature' inspiring the Assassins Creed series).

Great, well-designed story missions are replayable on their own terms, not to chase after 100% completion via a set of often arbitrary objective requirements. Consider playing through classics like IV's bank heist or assaulting Fort Mercer in RDR, then contrast that with V's missions (pretty good themselves) where the game eagerly reminds you at a mission's end that you hadn't completed it in an [X] amount of time, made a certain number of [X] head shots at a minimum [X]% of accuracy while remaining undetected.

All the other singleplayer achievements look solid, but given the game's emphasis on a vibrant open world, less collectibles is great and so would moving away from a 100% completion checklist.

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
GTA V might've introduced checkpoints to cut down on the frustrations, but gold medal side objectives seem so pointless (honestly, an annoying 'feature' inspired by the Assassins Creed series).

Great, well-designed story missions are replayable on their own terms, not to chase after 100% completion via a set of often arbitrary objective requirements. Consider playing through classics like IV's bank heist or assaulting Fort Mercer in RDR, then contrast that with V's missions (pretty good themselves) where the game eagerly reminds you at a mission's end that you hadn't completed it in an [X] amount of time, made a certain number of [X] head shots at a minimum [X]% of accuracy while remaining undetected.

All the other singleplayer achievements look solid, but given the game's emphasis on a vibrant open world, less collectibles is great and so would moving away from a 100% completion checklist.

That's why medal challenges are not revealed before you finish mission for the first time. You do it however you want. Then if you want to replay it you can look and decide to do or not medal challenges.

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
Yeah, I both agree and don't agree.
It sounds like it'll have fun activities and stuff to do, I don't mind playing as John again either. I might prefer staying with Arthur though after ya know, building him up for an entire game provided he survives the end of the game.
Marston is easily the best Rockstar character ever created, but I also want to stay as Arthur because of the investment I am going to make. From everything we know about RDR2, there's going to be a lot more investment with Arthur with all of the gameplay mechanics they have now, than Marston in RDR. Anyways, I'm calling it now, Arthur dies in the Blackwater Massacre (happens in the same year that RDR2 takes place) that is detailed in RDR.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Marston is easily the best Rockstar character ever created, but I want to stay as Arthur because of the investment I am going to make. From everything we know about RDR2, there's going to be a lot more investment with Arthur with all of the gameplay mechanics they have now, than Marston. Anyways, I'm calling it now, Arthur dies in the Blackwater Massacre (happens in the same year that RDR2 takes place) that is detailed in RDR.
I've been under the impression that the Blackwater Massacre is what sends them all on the run. It has been confirmed a failed heist is what puts Dutch's Gang on the move but no one has outright said if it is indeed the events in Blackwater. I've kind of been thinking John might kill him or something along those lines when he splits from the gang after shit goes down on the steamboat that is alluded to in the first game.

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
I've been under the impression that the Blackwater Massacre is what sends them all on the run. It has been confirmed a failed heist is what puts Dutch's Gang on the move but no one has outright said if it is indeed the events in Blackwater. I've kind of been thinking John might kill him or something along those lines when he splits from the gang after shit goes down on the steamboat that is alluded to in the first game.
That's possible. I think it's safe to assume that the Blackwater Massacre is going to be a big part of the story whatever it actually is story-related. My other theory is that Arthur is killed, and John is the one who avenges him.

Third Time Lucky is where it looks like you start to play as Marston. Red Dead Redemption is when you take revenge, and Cowboy Builder and Endless Summer looks to where you start and possibly finish building.

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
If the MP is anything like the first one, I have no problems with it. There were a few grindy trophies but they weren't out of my league. Of course, this was 8 years ago and I've changed from a trophy Hunter to someone who can barely finish a game :( I never did care much for the undead trophies though, but I got my plat.

The gold medal trophies are going to be lame.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
Yo can i buy a copy off of you? Im on the east coast though so do you guys deliver?
Not my actual parents lol. Mom and pop like a small business. He def doesn't deliver and he limits to two copies for big games - already getting one of my homies one so I'm afraid I can't help you man. You've checked all your small local shops in your area? These are usually the ones that get them early that I see from various forums

WizdogC

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone speak from experience as to how hard the gold medal trophy was in GTA V? I feel like I can grind out to level 50 in online but that gold medal one seems really daunting. So much so that I never even got to the point of attempting it in GTA V. From what I can tell it sounds like the same as the 100% synchronization in Assassin's Creed with their optional objectives in story missions.

Oct 27, 2017
So they claim that RD Online is a "seperate game" and yet the trophies are required for the platinum...

God damn Rockstar, did the same thing as GTA5.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
As someone who doesn't hunt for trophies in games, can anyone explain to me what's so bad about these "gold medals" ?

I'm under the impression that these are enormously tedious judging by some of the reactions on here.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Good list, until it gets to the shit Red Dead Online trophies. That is, apart from the gold medal one. I hate it when games grade story missions.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018

I don't know... it's still too vague to know for sure. It seems that there are some ranch related mini games, such as herding, taming horses, etc, so The Cowboy Builder could be pertaining to Arthur's skills as a cowboy reaching a certain level when you play enough of those mini games.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Rockstar trophies are always a little too "spend 5 hours trying to recreate the perfect gameplay scenario" for me to care. And then there's the Red Dead Online stuff I probably won't touch.

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As someone who doesn't hunt for trophies in games, can anyone explain to me what's so bad about these "gold medals" ?

I'm under the impression that these are enormously tedious judging by some of the reactions on here.
They were in GTAV and Ballad of Gay Tony, basically a set of secondary objectives you have to complete for the mission. Not only are they usually pretty frustrating, but to add insult to injury, the game does not tell you what they are until the end results screen and even then only gives you the names.