Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
So will the show look even better in season 2… :o?

Hard to imagine.. shit looks crazy already. Hope we gets a BTS for this season.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
SW fans getting more sensitive than Snyder fans lately. Just saying "Bad Batch is not my cup of tea" gets them in a frenzy. I don't think anybody here has even said it's a bad show.

Yes, nobody is surprised the first season of a SW animated show is mediocre and will likely be the least interesting. I was just hoping this would buck the trend, but alas.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
The (Filoni) animated shows have a weird structure where the beginning/middle and final episodes are mostly hits and everything inbetween is (most of the time) a miss.

Expecting the final episodes of bad batch to be so good that I will forget the bumpy road to get there.

sml_x

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't get all the negativity around this show at all, IMO each episode has been as good or better than an average TCW episode, and far better than Rebels. Omega >>> Ezra.

It's also the most drop dead gorgeous animated show I've ever seen.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SW fans getting more sensitive than Snyder fans lately. Just saying "Bad Batch is not my cup of tea" gets them in a frenzy. I don't think anybody here has even said it's a bad show.

Yes, nobody is surprised the first season of a SW animated show is mediocre and will likely be the least interesting. I was just hoping this would buck the trend, but alas.

Yes it's all the star wars fans that are enjoying things that are the problem.....

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Antagonizing Fellow Member
Yes it's all the star wars fans that are enjoying things that are the problem.....

No, it's them derailing threads with their victim complex that's the problem. Forums are platforms for discourse where everyone can offer their subjective opinions on media entertainment. I offered mine, deal with it. Preferably with a therapist behind closed doors.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, it's them derailing threads with their victim complex that's the problem. Forums are platforms for discourse where everyone can offer their subjective opinions on media entertainment. I offered mine, deal with it. Preferably with a therapist behind closed doors.

Yes you seem like a really nice guy/gal, I'm sure all of your discourse is reasonable and well thought out.

Star Wars fans have just gotten to the point where they harp on everything constantly, and many of us have just gotten tired of it. We get it, you don't like it, maybe find another series or universe that you do like.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
That's nice. I haven't really enjoyed the show or the cast but I know people who really enjoy it.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Yes you seem like a really nice guy/gal, I'm sure all of your discourse is reasonable and well thought out.

Star Wars fans have just gotten to the point where they harp on everything constantly, and many of us have just gotten tired of it. We get it, you don't like it, maybe find another series or universe that you do like.

See, this is exactly what I'm writing about. Someone (who is currently neck deep in SW EU like a nerd) offers a trivial opinion on a SW show, not even saying they hate it, but that it's a bit mediocre and will likely improve with later seasons, and people like you act like I've declared a jihad on the entire franchise. You need help. Echo chambers are seriously unhealthy.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes felt like it was aimed at a younger demographic than even Rebels to be honest. I guess at some point it'll reach the highs of the last few seasons of Clone Wars. But I'll likely end up using one of those "essential episode" guides.

Lol, there isn't anything in the season thus far that even remotely suggests that this is targeted at younger demographics than Rebels. Especially when we've had episodes where people are straight up shot dead, sniped in the head, or had part of their faces burned up by a ship engine.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Lol, there isn't anything in the season thus far that even remotely suggests that this is targeted at younger demographics than Rebels. Especially when we've had episodes where people are straight up shot dead, sniped in the head, or had part of their faces burned up by a ship engine.

Kids are hardcore these days! But seriously you're right, 'younger' was the wrong word to use, but it does feel similar to Rebels to me. Putting aside the visual aesthetics, it's a very simple narrative (of the 8 episodes I watched) compared to Clone Wars which even at its lowest boring points had more complications to engage grumpy dudes like me. From political Padme episodes to Kurosawa homages to Anakin beating up Padme's ex Rush Clovis, there was always something interesting going on. Bad Batch needs more complications. (I liked Crosshair hunting his team, but that's about it)

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly wish they would move the story forward instead of this prequel stuff. I was to see what happens after the rise of Skywalker debacle.

Oct 25, 2017
Its crazy that people are down on it here.
Everywhere else I see people loving it and I agree that it definitely has the strongest Season 1 out of the Star Wars animated series.
Yeah it's pretty good for a season 1. Off to a better start than Clone Wars or Rebels. I expect season 2 to be better with all the characters already well established.

She's essentially Boba Fett's sister.

It's bound to come up in Book Of Boba
I sure hope so!

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I like this show a lot and I'm glad it's not really feeling the need to rush the plot forward. I'm enjoying spending time with the characters and seeing how the Batch is getting more comfortable having Omega being part of the team and even deferring to her more and more.

We still know next to nothing about Omega's significance though

I mean, she is Boba Fett's sister. Pretty significant on its own and we got to see her meet Fennec, something that's sure to be revisited in S2. Fully expecting her adult self to be in The Book of Boba Fett with them both.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Its been hit and miss but overall its pretty good quality.
Would like to see them lean even more into the changing galaxy dynamic. "Men out of time" as it were.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
The Clone Wars will NEVER be over.

Original trilogy nostalgia was only the beginning!

Edit:

I'm sure you're probably correct in other threads but no ones being overly sensitive or getting into a frenzy in this thread.

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
Its crazy that people are down on it here.
Everywhere else I see people loving it and I agree that it definitely has the strongest Season 1 out of the Star Wars animated series.
More than likely, some of the complaints are from newcomers to the Star Wars CGTV that aren't used to the "slow burn" style of storytelling.

I can understand the urge to "get to it" but it pays off much more when they take there time like this.
Ahsoka is proof of that.