Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
www.starwars.com

Star Wars Inside Intel: Palpatine’s Contingency Plan

"So, Palpatine's been out there all this time. Pulling the strings."

Although Poe Dameron might not have understood how Palpatine returned in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, and was understandably exasperated at the news, it was all part of the Contingency: a plan that anticipated Palpatine's death and prepared for his return to power.

When Palpatine was killed on the second Death Star, his consciousness transferred to a clone of his own body on Exegol but the body was too weak to contain him. This led to Palpatine creating more clones and strand-casts of himself in the hopes that one would offer a more suitable vessel for him to inhabit. All of this effort ultimately culminated in Rey, the daughter of one of Palpatine's strand-casts. She was the perfect vessel — but her father and mother did everything they could to hide her from her sinister grandfather.

Last edited:

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
This was spelled out in other publications already

It's dumb but lot of fans also accepted it when it was basically the plot of Dark Empire, the dark side spirit of Palpy jumping from clone to clone. EU crap but some fans used to eat that shit up.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
This is so, so bad. I grew up on Star Wars but I'm pretty much over it. I don't have the need to have exhaustive hate arguments on forums or anything like that. I just don't find it interesting anymore and it makes me a bit sad because I think it had potential to go in a more fun direction that I would have been interested in. Oh well.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
So is there any explanation for this shit?

star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-sith-dagger.jpeg

wingkongex

Aug 25, 2019
When Palpatine was killed on the second Death Star, his consciousness transferred to a clone of his own body on Exegol but the body was too weak to contain him. This led to Palpatine creating more clones and strand-casts of himself in the hopes that one would offer a more suitable vessel for him to inhabit. All of this effort ultimately culminated in Rey, the daughter of one of Palpatine's strand-casts. She was the perfect vessel — but her father and mother did everything they could to hide her from her sinister grandfather.

tenor.gif

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
So wait, what's the point of Vader's redemption then? What was the point of any of the original trilogy? I guess we got to see cool spaceship battles

Evoker

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand how the inclusion of Palpatine made it past the writers room, especially since there's no build up to it in any of the other movies.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Too much...

Jovo

Oct 25, 2017
"his consciousness transferred to a clone of his own body on Exegol"

whoever came up with this idea and wrote this can fuck off

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand how the inclusion of Palpatine made it past the writers room, especially since there's no build up to it in any of the other movies.

JJA:"But RJ ruined my mystery box!"
Disney:"JJ…make the movie"
JJA:"….*stares at a folder labeled Darth Jar-Jar*…nah, not yet."

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The dead speak!

it's so laughably glossed over in the movie too. Just like "welp guess Palpatines still alive. Must be dark magic!" And the characters all just accept it. It really blew my mind that they could plan so poorly with such a hugely important movie franchise.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So he didn't die at all and Anakin was completely worthless, as we thought with rise of shitwalker.

Thanks for clarifying.

mrjohill

Oct 25, 2017
That still doesn't answer how palpatine just let's rey's dad, one of his clones, just do whatever they want. How does he not have another order 66 style contingency that makes them obey him?

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It could've been fine... if the prior two movies were in any way actually headed in that direction.

But no, shove him in there last second. That oughta work just fine... /s
Not just last minute! How about we reveal he's back, not in the movie, but in an online shooter game?