• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Buying into ICLN at over 14€ really was a shit deal. I mitigated some lossed by selling during the correction and bought back in at 11,80€. (Prices on Trade Republic). I'm holding it for years, so only irked slightly that my first month of investing has me down over 6% now. But I'm wondering at this point how long it will take for ICLN to get back to its previous highs.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Are you planning to hold in the long term? Are you considering the current ongoing investigation regarding the faulty models?
Yes I'm planning to go long on $BA. The investigations might result in short term pain but i'm optimistic. It's still almost 50% off all time highs and with economic recovery in the US gathering pace i'm optimistic about the next year or two now that orders are starting to pick up again.

This is also a bit off a rebalance because i want to reduce my Nasdaq exposure.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I'm planning to go long on $BA. The investigations might result in short term pain but i'm optimistic. It's still almost 50% off all time highs and with economic recovery in the US gathering pace i'm optimistic about the next year or two now that orders are starting to pick up again.

This is also a bit off a rebalance because i want to reduce my Nasdaq exposure.

Thanks. I'm considering opening a position but I'm a bit wary because of what might come from those investigations.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
decent jobs data, 10Y suddenly up 2%, hard to call the day, looking pretty flat currently

2 mins later its 3%

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Will be interesting if tech can hold today considering the economic data

The better the underlying data the less of a case powell has to continue to print

This is your reopening signal:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
You can buy a junk bond etf for maybe a 4% annual yield.

Anything what I would just put the money in a "high" yield money market fund. FDIC insured (risk free) and much better yield than treasury.

What's an example of a high yield money market fund? Fidelity has my core position as SPAXX (Fidelity Government Money Market). I guess I'm asking what qualifies as high yield.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, growth gonna get crushed again today but the market is actually going to be up. At what point are people going to start seeing value again? Might be a while.

I want to avoid saying growth stocks are dead though, more like hibernation for a bit.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Was listening to the news today and they were talking about how dating sites were gaining momentum and that users that are posting pictures of their vaccination proof are skyrocketing in popularity. There's going to be a huge pent up demand for use of these apps for people to get out there. Wonder if something like MTCH is worth a look, they seem to be up a lot already since March since I'm sure people were still virtual dating.

less

Oct 25, 2017
What a bleak start to the day for a number of stocks. ;_;

EV stocks like Tesla and Nio being hammered like hell. Blessed MSFT still green. Should have dumped more into it instead of EV stocks. ;__;

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Aliebling

Feb 5, 2021
Started actively investing for the first time in December when I opened a Roth IRA, which is kind of my tax-advantaged "play" account since the rest of my retirement savings are in TSP. Killed it for the first couple of weeks, invested heavily in growth stocks, renewable energy and ARK ETFs, thought I was being smart by DCA-ing in my $12k total for 2020 and 2021 over the course of three months. Yesterday midmorning my balance was down to $10,500 and I panic sold everything, and I must say I'm feeling pretty good about that decision looking what used to be my portfolio... going to sit it out for a few days and see what happens before buying back in with a mix of more conservative buys and maybe the stuff I had before if it's still on a deep discount...

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Holy shit at the SPAC market this week, everything is going to end up at or below NAV.

Will be interesting to see where TSLA eventually finds support.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I was sad I missed out on buying in on some stocks a couple weeks ago. And now those prices would have netted me big losses. Way to go slow banking system. You saved me from myself.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
I really picked a great time to buy some Tesla, lol (bought couple shares two days ago). Oh well, I'm fine with keeping them for a couple years.

More saddened to see some other stuff stumbling around.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
VW is up 13% this week on EV news so this sell off seems to be less about EVs and more about the companies

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
At least it looks like the market is starting to consider some of the post-corona stocks overvalued too. NCLH down 12%, and I sold my remaining hotel stocks earlier today, as it seemed a bit much to value them above pre-corona... they were also down 10% over the last few days.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'm amazed DISCA has continued to rise throughout all of this. Wish I had bought it when it pulled back to $50 or just held instead of selling after earnings. Missed opportunity there, double whammy too since it went into other growth stocks. Whomp whomp.

I feel like a lot of things are oversold at this point. Looking at something like PINS, they just had a 51bn offer on the table from MSFT and now are at $40bn? Can argue it is still over-valued but with positive balance sheet, positive cash flow, 50% annual growth, half the market cap of SNAP and 1/20th the market cap of FB it screams oversold.

It was just below the peak that they bought Bitcoin. Who goes next?

ICLN is doing me damage day by day. It's given back virtually all the gains since Biden and Dems won, which seems excessive.

Yeah, boy do I wish I sold it when I was up 25%. Down 16% now on the lot I bought in Dec. Swung some here and there so really only down ~10%. I did read that they are going to announce infrastructure plans in the next couple weeks. They met yesterday to kick it off.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
It was just below the peak that they bought Bitcoin. Who goes next?

ICLN is doing me damage day by day. It's given back virtually all the gains since Biden and Dems won, which seems excessive.
I've been slowly reducing my ICLN ever since january but yeah the past two weeks have been brutal.

With Biden legislation probably atleast another 6 months away i might exit it for now

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
With Biden legislation probably atleast another 6 months away i might exit it for now

Agreed nothing happens until late this year/early next year, but there might be some buy the rumor stuff coming up. It's the next thing on the docket after the COVID relief plan.

At this point I'm not really going to try and time another potential 10-20% to the bottom when it is already down 30% and miss a possible rally from being oversold. Missed the boat on getting out early enough for it to make sense IMO.

www.wsj.com

Biden, Buttigieg Push Infrastructure Plan

The president and the transportation secretary meet with House lawmakers to discuss a proposal for rebuilding aging roads, dams and railroads.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
Disputes the narrative that Tesla is a 'tech' company and other car manufacturers are dinosaurs that won't be able to catch up.
VW been on my watchlist for a long time, but I really missed the boat on that recent rise. Maybe Honda instead...
I wonder if there are any decent ETFs for the car industry which explicitly do not include Tesla. Would be interested in that.

SleazyC

Oct 26, 2017
US of A
ARKG plummeting and having bought in at basically the peak makes me testy to invest more even though I do trust that genomics will over the long term increase and this would be a fantastic opportunity to average down. Tough to get over the psychology of wanting to get out entirely seeing it so red.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
With the Mach-E, and Ford stock being relatively cheap, is it worth picking up?
It's only like 15-20% off it's ATH from the last 20 years. It's not exactly cheap and basically been trading sideways for a decade.

Obviously, it's way below it's 90's prices which hit the mid-30's but it doesn't really represent a value stock right now IMO. The Mach-E is a pretty great EV for the pricepoint but it probably won't sell that well in the big scheme of things.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ARKG plummeting and having bought in at basically the peak makes me testy to invest more even though I do trust that genomics will over the long term increase and this would be a fantastic opportunity to average down. Tough to get over the psychology of wanting to get out entirely seeing it so red.
All ARK funds are going to continue to get clobbered. They do not use leverage so they will not go insolvent. But money is running away from the fund, causing them to liquidate holdings, causing those holdings to go down in price, causing more withdrawals from ARK funds, causing a lower ARK price, cause them to liquidate holdings... etc.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
It's only like 15-20% off it's ATH from the last 20 years. It's not exactly cheap and basically been trading sideways for a decade.

Obviously, it's way below it's 90's prices which hit the mid-30's but it doesn't really represent a value stock right now IMO. The Mach-E is a pretty great EV for the pricepoint but it probably won't sell that well in the big scheme of things.
Well Ford is shifting its entire line up to EV in the very near future. No more gasoline. But i do agree it aint cheap.

I just thought of the idea a few days ago to buy Ford after watching reviews for the Mach-E, then i saw the current pirce and the way it already trended and said, Nope!

Status
Not open for further replies.