Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https://nintendoeverything.com/supe...orld-stages-in-captain-toad-treasure-tracker/

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker reaches Switch and 3DS next month. On both platforms, Nintendo is including new stages based on Super Mario Odyssey. But rather than adding on, these levels are replacing older content.

Super Bell Hill, Conkdor Canyon, Shadow-Play Alley, and Clear Pipe Cruise were in the original Wii U version of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Nintendo's official Japanese website confirms that they have been swapped out with the new Super Mario Odyssey levels on Switch and 3DS. We're not talking about a tremendous amount of content here, but it looks like you'll need the Wii U version if you're really interested in trying out those Super Mario 3D World stages.

I have no idea why they would even do this, why not just keep the content and give us the Odyssey stuff?

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thats pretty stupid. Theyre short puzzle levels, just have more in the game.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Aw those stages were cool. Super Bell Hill in particular is iconic.

Looking forward to the Odyssey stages however.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
My memory might be playing up, but I recall not being terribly impressed by the 3D World stages - they were nice from a nostalgia front (Oh, here's Toad in a 'real stage' from the game where he was introduced!), but they tended not to be particularly good stages; I always thought Super Bell Hill looked particularly egregious when you saw all the new pipes and ramps that had to be added to accomodate Toad's mechanics.

That said, it's still odd to remove them.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These 3D World levels were just the exact levels from 3D World except they put some shortcuts to accustom for Captain Toad's inability to jump, but I don't remember them were even puzzles as such. The Odyssey levels seems like real puzzles this time.

But it's definitely weird, were they like ashamed of those levels ? Since they were quickly baked-in in the originals, and now that they have real new content to put instead maybe they thought it would be a bad show to have those. Still dumb tho, nobody would complain having those stages optional.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
My memory might be playing up, but I recall not being terribly impressed by the 3D World stages - they were nice from a nostalgia front (Oh, here's Toad in a 'real stage' from the game where he was introduced!), but they tended not to be particularly good stages.

That said, it's still odd to remove them.

No, it was just a novelty thing. The stages otherwise were awfully bad for the mechanics of Captain Toad.

Still weird but not that outrageous either.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo are so incredibly moronic at times. Was looking forward to this on switch but now mite as well get it on Wii U used for a quarter of the price if the overall amount of content is the same.

Total idiots

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GameXplain said this in their video. The 3D World stages were replaced, which sucks because those were like full levels from 3D World.

I can only hope 3D World is getting rereleased for Switch and they add them there.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
the 3D World stages were definitely more of a cute bonus than they were actual valuable content

still, it sucks to lose them

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
While one could easily say there's no reason to do this, I forgot those levels were a thing and now I'm reminded of them I can safely say they were such crud that they will not be missed even slightly by me at least

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Nintendo are so incredibly moronic at times. Was looking forward to this on switch but now mite as well get it on Wii U used for a quarter of the price if the overall amount of content is the same.

Total idiots

That's going too far. You are not missing out on anything other than a bad time with the copy-pasted 3D World stages being erased off the game.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
That's weird, but you're not missing out guys. Those 3D World stages were boring...

Still. Why would you remove, even boring, levels? More is always better in a puzzle game.

Oct 29, 2017
GameXplain said this in their video. The 3D World stages were replaced, which sucks because those were like full levels from 3D World.

I can only hope 3D World is getting rereleased for Switch and they add them there.

They were full levels with lots of assets that take up a lot of storage space.

Including them would have meant using a 8gb game Carthage for them instead of 4gb cartrages.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
These levels didn't really suit Captain Toad's gameplay. They were less about puzzles and more tedious movement across an expansive level.
Still, they could have stayed. No point in taking them out unless the story at the end of Captain Toad leads into Super Mario Odyssey and explains how CT got to each location he did within that game. Even still, the SM3DW levels could be there regardless as bonuses with no story elements at all.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is stupid. Add to that the shitty resolution in handheld mode and this is going to be a hard pass. Actually an easy pass.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed them. They were a fun twist on the game design and a great Easter egg for players to unlock.

Really rotten to replace them, but it is possible they are included in an eventual 3D world port as mentioned. Still, it sucks and makes me less hesitant to buy the port. It's incomplete.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
lolololol I actually joked about this ages ago. Guess there's no definitive edition.

Guess I'm the most reliable source on the Internet now.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's... really dumb... If it's about game promotion, who would have even realized the levels were from 3D World without having played the Wii-U version?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This whole "stages were lackluster" from so many posters here is annoying. It was super cool seeing those levels again after the amazing 3D World and seeing Captain Toad traverse through them.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
They knew they were wack, that's why they took them out and replaced them with real handcrafted levels

Should still be there though as some type of side thing

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This is lame but don't pass up on the game because of this come on, they were just normal levels adapted to Cap Toad, and there were like 5 of them, it looks like there are more Odyssey levels

Easy Rider

Nov 2, 2017
only-for-nintendo-seal-logo-A532C2892E-seeklogo.com.png