Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not to mention that if keeping Sora on the eShop indefinitely is something that Disney won't allow, Sakurai would probably be more okay with a Sora Mii Costume eventually being pulled from the eShop by Disney compared to a full-on character.
Sakurai doesn't really seem to be on the same wavelength as fans when it comes to Mii costumes - for him they're a good consolation for fighters who didn't "make the cut," whereas for fans they're the end of the world and completely destroy a character's chances at getting into the game.

I can see him requesting Sora and "settling" for a Mii costume if the deal to get him as a character was too expensive.
"oh man getting Sora's likeness for a character is too hard and expensive let's still go though all that effort for a Mii Costume"

I would rather have nothing

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
"oh man getting Sora's likeness for a character is too hard and expensive let's still go though all that effort for a Mii Costume"

It's less of his likeness being expensive & more of Disney not allowing him to stay on the eShop indefinitely in this scenario.

Sakurai going to slaughter the top guy picks.

Fighter Pass 2: All Women. Starting with Dixie

I wouldn't even be mad, even if I like Sora
  • Twintelle
  • Ring Fit Adventurer
  • Dixie Kong
  • Jill Valentine
  • Lara Croft

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's less of his likeness being expensive & more of Disney not allowing him to stay on the eShop indefinitely in this scenario.
At that point why bother? Especially for a character that would look extra lame as a Mii Costume. At least Sans players can pretend it's Sans because it legit looks alot like him

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Personally, I can say this for almost every Mii costume. I would rather a character stay hypothetically in the running than be relegated to a Mii costume I probably won't even buy.
I bought K. Rool and Ashley costumes for Smash4 in hope that they'd understand that as demand for the character be eventually playable. It worked for K. Rool... (kinda... but he probably was already in the project plan for Ultimate early on regardless).

Still, in Ultimate, is much harder thinking with hope for the next game, because that won't be happening anytime soon and won't be quite as eventful as Ultimate, for sure. For many fans is now or never.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
What's the Consensus on the premium costume leak?
Still split.

Oh come on, I haven't seen anything like that (unless you're harping on the WoFF one which had potential explanation) and if Disney really was that anal you won't even see half the collaborations that they have (Thanos, Wreck-it, heck even KH wouldn't have existed as a concept).

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017

"Just like before"

This means the pacing will be very similar to the Banjo and Hero presentations.

45 MINUTES... WHAT COULD YOU BE DOING GANDALF.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019

"Just like before"

This means the pacing will be very similar to the Banjo and Hero presentations.

45 MINUTES... WHAT COULD YOU BE DOING GANDALF.

Okay, so this probably is pre-recorded, like I initially thought, and it's the exact same format as the Hero and Banjo presentations.

So liiiike... SAKURAI C'MON. YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST WAITED UNTIL TOMORROW SO I WOULDN'T HAVE TO WONDER ABOUT THIS.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Not to mention that if keeping Sora on the eShop indefinitely is something that Disney won't allow, Sakurai would probably be more okay with a Sora Mii Costume eventually being pulled from the eShop by Disney compared to a full-on character.
Don't think Sakurai would want something like that limited time.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Alright here's our options
1. Poorly paced as all hell (this is the most likely one imo)
2. Some non-character related special content
3. Terry comes with a tag team mechanic, effectively making him 3 characters
4. Phoenix Wright comes in with the Objection
5. Premium Costumes
6. Sakurai speedruns every KoF game, breaking all the records.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH

I don't agree if it's a case where Sora truly can't happen as a character. With most other instances I'd feel the same way.

Problem is Sakurai likely wouldn't give details about that kind of thing, so we'd be left with a bunch of people wondering and/or bitter about it...

Also, there's the music addition, I'll take that over nothing.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Alright here's our options
1. Poorly paced as all hell (this is the most likely one imo)
2. Some non-character related special content
3. Terry comes with a tag team mechanic, effectively making him 3 characters
4. Phoenix Wright comes in with the Objection
5. Premium Costumes
6. Sakurai speedruns every KoF game, breaking all the records.

Catch me collapsing in front of my computer and ascending to another plane of being if 4.

Catch me collapsing into my couch and just staring into the middle distance for about an hour if 1 or 5.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
At this point the only reason I could see it being 45 minutes is that he goes through a 20 minute history of SNK.

Or Terry is coming with just a ton of content. Even Mii costumes I can't see being that complicated and taking that long.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
so no new character at showcase so what the subtitle should we name?

|DT7| ERA, ARE YOU OKAY!?

or

|DT7| King of Fathers: Dream Match Never Ends

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
we should name it after the premium mii costumes

PPjHdRg.gif

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So going back to the Mii Costume leak. Nintendo has taken down the Sword and Shield leaks so they are still being active about taking them down and the reason it took so long was because there was so much. So that makes the question of why they haven't tried to take down two Youtube videos that make it clear they are Smash leaks more valid

Status
Not open for further replies.