SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1730287041701724360

30-063b99c4-d1cd-4195-8150-a919a801669c.png

Another "Tarkov Clone" mode in a shooter being killed without ever being fully implemented, just like with 2042's version that I can't even remember the name of at this point.

I don't believe it's "Extreme" to say that every attempt at trying to distill Tarkov by AAA developers has been a failure, and rife with misunderstandings of what Tarkov's appeal is derived from.

sliceoftoast

Jul 29, 2023
HUH??? I thought this mode was doing quite well...It was a really good game-mode and it could've survived for years

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
lmao. I'm done with COD. Blackout and DMZ were the best things they've done in recent years and now they're both dead.

Zero excuse for the biggest franchise on the planet to be resetting on a yearly basis. Just doesn't cut it when the competition is built to last. Can't get invested in any single COD experience because they move on so quickly. Yet, they want you to dump the same amount of money into them as you would in games like Fortnite or Siege. Yeah no, not when the shit you buy is useless after a year or two.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Another "Tarkov Clone" mode in a shooter being killed without ever being fully implemented, just like with 2042's version that I can't even remember the name of at this point.

I don't believe it's "Extreme" to say that every attempt at trying to distill Tarkov by AAA developers has been a failure, and rife with misunderstandings of what Tarkov's appeal is derived from.

They a) dont know what makes Tarkov great and b) they can never get to the point where Tarkov is without spending years to refine and add core features and content.
Tarkov is in development for years and even with sometimes slower major updates, it still has gotten major overhauls, reworks and tons of new features, mechanics and content.

Even AAA developers would need to make it a long supporterd GAAS which they would never even take the risk for.

That said. The thing all games that tried to copy Tarkov really is that they dont know what makes tarkov great.
Most extraction shooters dont have any real appeal/incentive to actually go in a raid.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I was someone who thought they would keep up with DMZ, but honestly, after MWZ seems to be a much larger success already, despite not even being F2P, I'm imaging they would rather throw their weight behind MWZ than DMZ.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
every one of these big tarkov clones always feel like they casually browsed the wiki expansion of it and then made it from memory

you could kind of do that with battle royale games, it's a pretty simple idea, but tarkov... not so much

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
DMZ was fun until the good players ruined it lol. I'm glad it exists only cause it's the best Zombies mode to date.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
BR are already in decline like that? Crazy

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Expected.

I'm guessing Activision is waiting to see if Extraction Shooters blow up before investing in them further. (And I'm sure DMZ never got much of a playerbase)

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, I'm glad COD isn't trying to do everything... content is so spread out thin because they want to do literally everything... sucks for anyone that enjoyed it though it's still available.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I'm sure the numbers weren't there to support it at all. I don't think I know a single person offline that's even thought about the mode let alone played it.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I loved this mode but got out because of the insane number of campers at exfils. I know, it's part of the game, but it is what it is. Shame it had to die. If it had more options to extract I would have kept on playing(like hidden exfils). I know I can do hostages but sometimes it's just not possible.

Right now only Zombies PVE interests me in this franchise, gonna wait for the series to go into Game Pass before I touch it again.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Near the end I was just using that mode to idle for battle pass XP during my work from home days. It was alright but it clearly wasnt grabbing the extraction shooter audience that much.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
I loved this mode but got out because of the insane number of campers at exfils. I know, it's part of the game, but it is what it is. Shame it had to die. If it had more options to extract I would have kept on playing(like hidden exfils). I know I can do hostages but sometimes it's just not possible.

Right now only Zombies PVE interests me in this franchise, gonna wait for the series to go into Game Pass before I touch it again.

Later they added two thing to make exfil easier, first kne is buy a exfil, second one is reduce exfil chopper time arrive time from one minute to 30 second.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
DMZ was fun but it was annoying getting hunted by large squads or being conscripted by threat of death.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
what sort of concurrent player count does tarkov have?
with the news of marathon being not so good, im curious if being the Fortnite of Tarkov is as big a prize as the publishers think

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if years down the line I can try to do DMZ and if there's no players it will let me go in solo.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Too bad, I had hoped it would be what Blackout was to PUBG, but it just sucked. I played it for a week or so and then just went back to Hunt: Showdown.