• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
TC2_CA2_Infographic.jpg

If you registered for the closed beta, Ubisoft has started sending out codes so check your emails.

The Alpha is under strict NDA so unfortunately we won't be able to post screenshots, video clips, or discuss the content in the Alpha until Ubisoft provides further information.

Alpha is live from 3/14 - 3/19. Preload is live this afternoon. PC ONLY - Uplay Client Required

83617edc812f7b47fd58f55ec6fcdc77be8274a2.jpg

UPDATE 3/14 - ALPHA IS LIVE

Last edited:

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
I'm not sure you should post this, considering you can access the Closed Alpha forum from that infographic?
Mind you I'm not sure if you need to have an invite to the alpha to access that part of the forum

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the first game as well, excited to try this out and see the improvements. Open world US with the ability to freely fly over the whole thing? Sign me up.
Hopefully they've added a bunch of new cities and landmarks. The first game already had an incredibly impressive map for how darned huge it was.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
I liked the first till the cop dlc broke my upgrades. I'm in granted my shit works.

Oct 29, 2017
I really wanted to like The Crew but the shit upgrade system (fuck this RPG garbage, let us buy parts) and the physics were hot garbage. Really hoping they fixed those issues.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wanted to like The Crew but the shit upgrade system (fuck this RPG garbage, let us buy parts) and the physics were hot garbage. Really hoping they fixed those issues.
The physics were fine, this is always the most baffling complaint about the game. Felt like I was playing a completely different game than most people.

Oct 29, 2017
The physics were fine, this is always the most baffling complaint about the game. Felt like I was playing a completely different game than most people.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for, I personally want the car physics to feel like you are driving a car...or at least some relatively close approximation of a 4 wheeled vehicle. (or two wheels for that matter because bikes were awful as well.)

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it depends on what you are looking for, I personally want the car physics to feel like you are driving a car...or at least some relatively close approximation of a 4 wheeled vehicle. (or two wheels for that matter because bikes were awful as well.)
And they did? The entire game felt like Driver San Francisco with some tweaks, the hyperbole is off the charts in this post.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

The Crew isn't a simulation game, but I agree that the car physics do need work. I don't like the slipperyness that the cars have, but I also don't expect it to have Gran Turismo-level realism either. I'm hoping the sequel fixes these issues.

Oct 29, 2017
And they did? The entire game felt like Driver San Francisco with some tweaks, the hyperbole is off the charts in this post.

Nope nonono. Driver actually had decent arcadey physics. A hint of realism but much more forgiving. The Crew's cars just kinda glide everywhere and feel really heavy but without any sense of weight transition.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope nonono. Driver actually had decent arcadey physics. A hint of realism but much more forgiving. The Crew's cars just kinda glide everywhere and feel really heavy but without any sense of weight transition.

I played both games, I know what I'm talking about.

I can make a cherrypicked glitch video for any game in existence, that doesn't prove your point.

Oct 27, 2017

It wasn't fine, until you were able to upgrade your beginning vehicles to other classes. They really botched that with the demo. I absolutely hated the car handling at first and couldn't blame people who were put off by them.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I played both games, I know what I'm talking about.

I can make a cherrypicked glitch video for any game in existence, that doesn't prove your point.

The Crew has really bad physics for a racing game, but it's not meant to be a hyper-realistic racer. The physics engine definitely needs a lot of work. I'm just glad they were able to make a persistent world racing game with a massive MASSIVE map.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Crew has really bad physics for a racing game, but it's not meant to be a hyper-realistic racer. The physics engine definitely needs a lot of work. I'm just glad they were able to make a persistent world racing game with a massive MASSIVE map.

Yep the physics were beyond terrible. I hope they have been taking notes from Forza Horizon on how to do open world arcade physics the right way.

Anyway, I'll try this out, I just hope the wheel support is better in this than it was in the first (which was beyond terrible, just like the handling in general).

PatShallBe

Oct 28, 2017
Got the invite earlier today. Preload is already sitting on my HDD, waiting for tomorrow. I really liked the first game, so I'm looking forward to this Game!

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep the physics were beyond terrible. I hope they have been taking notes from Forza Horizon on how to do open world arcade physics the right way.

Anyway, I'll try this out, I just hope the wheel support is better in this than it was in the first (which was beyond terrible, just like the handling in general).
Oh boy more hyperbole.

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, wait wait... Housing? The game it`s going to have housing?

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

I wouldn't say beyond terrible, I'd say bad. They existed, just not to the extent that other racing games have now adapted and adjusted to. Even games like GTA have better car physics. But with the scale that The Crew is pushing, I'm surprised it has the depth that it does.

Deleted member 39587

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 6, 2018
Really excited for tomorrow. The first Alpha already felt a lot better than the original game even though the bugs were horrendous (or so my friend says).

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say beyond terrible, I'd say bad. They existed, just not to the extent that other racing games have now adapted and adjusted to. Even games like GTA have better car physics. But with the scale that The Crew is pushing, I'm surprised it has the depth that it does.
Please tell me you're talking about IV and not V because the later's physics are garbage.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
The Crew ended up being one of my most favourite games. Ever. Fullstock Bentley, chillout radio station, from dawn to dusk on the most amazing roads in gaming.

The Crew 2 is my most anticipated title this year.

Have fun in the BETA!

thehorror

Banned
Nov 29, 2017

It's basically a caRPG. Like most RPG's you start out weak and get stronger/faster/better etc. I was very lukewarm to The Crew at first but the more I played, the better it got (story was garbage, please skip the cutscenes, like most racing games). The world was fun, the handling ended up being fine, there were cars you could use to drift a shit ton in, cars built for speed/drag racing, The Crew had a bit of everything and did most of it solidly. I mean, I'm not surprised some people didn't give The Crew a chance and get used to the handling or fiddle with the handling settings (which there was a few). Many people hated the handling in Driveclub as well, although it featured the best handling of this generation.

I wish i registered. Game looks awesome! I hope it's better than the first one.

I register for all ubisoft betas, never get in. I'm not sure how they choose but people that buy their games aren't one of them. That's probably the issue, I buy too many ubisoft games. Most of their IP's interest me (except Assassins Creed or Far Cry, I don't fuck with them).

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
so from what it seems according to that email post in the OP......they got rid of the eighty million car types and now have just street racing and off road............thank god

hope to god they fixed the handling structure.....I remember tweaking the shit out of the settings for the original just to make it passable

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
anyone got a key to give away? ;3

UnNamed

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At the time I had a low spec tablet so I only registered for PS4.

I always had bad luck with the betas.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
At the time I had a low spec tablet so I only registered for PS4.

I always had bad luck with the betas.

That's okay, they'll have a console wave of tests as well. I've been a part of tons of alphas, betas, stress tests over the years and the console ones usually are the more refined versions. Ubisoft is really good at making near-final representative iterations of their tests. I haven't played a single alpha of theirs that was drastically changed upon final release other than The Division.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
The Crew ended up being one of my most favourite games. Ever. Fullstock Bentley, chillout radio station, from dawn to dusk on the most amazing roads in gaming.

The Crew 2 is my most anticipated title this year.

Have fun in the BETA!

Imagine that same scenario now, but in a plane flying over New York City.

And the beta is still a ways off, but i get what you meant. Thanks and hopefully you get an invite too if you registered!