Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Looks really bad, also seems like there's no need to go watch it since they literally show him throwing the heads of the main baddies into the audience lmao.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
The cinematography looks pretty good, but I am just not feeling this version of Draven. Personally, I feel the original should not have been touched.

pioneer

May 31, 2022
As someone with a "fashion mullet" …I am going to have to find a new hairstyle before this comes out :(

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
See, I never took it that way. My headcanon is that he became vulnerable because his task was complete and it was time for him to go. Shooting the bird was incidental and didn't actually do anything, they just thought it did.

I tend to go back to the comic anyway, where it's debatable whether the bird is even real or not, or just something that only Eric can see. He's his own enemy in that iteration of the story, the bad guys he kills are practically nothing to him.
Interesting. I saw it a long time ago, and just took it at a very literal level. I should probably watch the film again (or read the comic for the first time).

Oct 25, 2017
If you were a kid in the 90s chances are you knew someone (or many kids) that dressed as the crow for Halloween...but this...this ain't it.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Won't be going to the theater to see it, as I hardly do that anyway. But looks like something I'll enjoy, especially since I'm a fan of the franchise.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The secret sauce of the original film, outside of the obvious stuff like Dariusz Wolski's cinematography, the soundtrack, Brandon Lee and Alex Proyas back when he was sane, was having folks like David Patrick Kelly going way harder than is necessary for their super underwritten villain roles:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSe01JYcWlU

Last edited:

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. I saw it a long time ago, and just took it at a very literal level. I should probably watch the film again (or read the comic for the first time).
It's not really explicitly spelled out one way or another in the film. I suppose the biggest hint is that they don't actually kill the crow, they just injure it, but somehow Eric is still affected. Take it for what you will, I guess.

Muetsch

Oct 27, 2017
This looks fun enough for when it drops on some Streaming service I may be subbed to at some point.

But holy fuck did this trailer spoil pretty much everything? Seemed to me like it but maybe thats just me

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
So the trailer showed a lot (too much), but I'm not sure who he's supposed to be saving (other than revenge for Shelly). Is the the little girl and her mother in this version?

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Just rewatched the original a few hours ago. This just doesn't have seem to have an ounce of the mood that one is overflowing with. And it lives and dies by its mood. God, the city is such a hellhole, it seems only natural that it harbors such monstrous people. And earnest people.

This just feels like a run of the mill violent action film with a weak gimmick.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Man the old films art style has totally put this version in an awful position. This just can't live up to it. I wish Proyas would direct again

pioneer

May 31, 2022
Those have been in style for the past few years. I wouldn't let this one movie ruin your looks, keep it.
I was half joking… but definitely some of the appeal of it for me is looking like a bit of a freak. I know they've been gaining popularity, but I still rarely see them outside of the internet. Either way I'll keep it as long as my wife thinks it's hot :)

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
sting-wrestler.gif

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
If you were a kid in the 90s chances are you knew someone (or many kids) that dressed as the crow for Halloween...but this...this ain't it.

I had this classmate that was obsessed with the line from The Crow "It's not a good day to be a bad guy." Just loved saying it. Yeah, those were the days.

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The secret sauce of the original film, outside of the obvious stuff like Dariusz Wolski's cinematography, the soundtrack, Brandon Lee and Alex Proyas back when he was sane, was having folks like David Patrick Kelly going way harder than is necessary for their super underwritten villain roles:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSe01JYcWlU

Yeah the smaller roles in the original were so well acted and really stood out. "Halloween isn't until manana~" is still stuck in my head after all these years.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
The first movie is getting a 4K release in May so probably spend your time and money on that instead.

KillingJoke

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't look terrible. But just another modern reboot that will be forgotten within a week of release.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
You'd think a movie would put its most visually striking shots in the trailer. Characters and story might make this new interpretation worthwhile, but there's just nothing that measures up to the original's dark dream-like romanticism.

Eh. I might catch it when it comes to streaming. The original has such a distinct 90s aesthetic and a killer soundtrack to boot. This has none of that. The trailer giving away a bunch of stuff didn't help, either. I mean, compare that to the original trailer:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flGA_whUFHA

Demonstrating the point. Thanks for linking the direct comparison. A pure slaughter on style.

Last edited:

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Is it me or the eye paint alone looks way cringier than eye + white paint on the face

Edit: the white paint shows more commitment to the bit

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Not stylized enough. I appreciate the commitment to more visceral violence being done to the character. But it needs more grime and more emphasis on the mysticism around the Crow itself.

Oct 28, 2017
the visual style of the original is striking and completely gone here. not that I would want them to try and copy it. but this just looks like a john wick movie?

it looks awful. reminds me of the oldboy american remake. or the vince vaughn psycho.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That looked like a 11% at RT classic

why does this even exist