evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
I saw this when it first hit theaters and thought it was very average. Color me surprised people actually give a shit about it all these years later.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing I remember about this movie is when they used a stuntman for the actress for this scene in a library with a ladder and the director mentioned it in the commentary. Now I can't unsee it. lol

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
This is the movie that came closest to that Indiana Jones adventure feel imho, I really liked it back then.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Saw it last night. Still holds up, my friends and I had a great time. Chair scene alone made it worth it.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Me and my boyfriend ate going Tuesday after he gets out of class. I'm so excited lol, I LOVEEEEEEEE this movie.

OP
OP
Razgriz-Specter
Oct 25, 2017
Was honestly surprised how well it holds up visually on the big screen,
Only thing that really just looks awful is the side shot of the face in the sand at the beginning that looks like something out of Real Adventures of Johnny Quest

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I remember seeing this when attending E3 1999, and a guy we were with just wouldn't shut the fuck up during the entire movie.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Took my oldest to see this on Saturday and didn't tell them anything at all about the movie other than title. They absolutely loved it and how it blended action, comedy and horror. Unfortunately my youngest had a conflict and couldn't make it, but they may be a year or two too young for this. Glad my oldest took to it really well.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Watched this last year and the film is dreadful lol, much worse than I remembered

I did too and it's better than I remembered.

So much more character than a lot of other similar action/adventure movies. And I appreciate the soft blend of horror and comedy making it surprisingly good fun as an all-ages flick.

OP
OP
Razgriz-Specter
Oct 25, 2017
I did too and it's better than I remembered.

So much more character than a lot of other similar action/adventure movies. And I appreciate the soft blend of horror and comedy making it surprisingly good fun as an all-ages flick.
Yeah honestly so much time before it even really gets into the full mummy stuff that I appreciate.

I think Johnathan gets annoying in 2 and 3 but he as some legitimately funny stuff in 1.

Just a load of charisma and chemistry with the whole cast

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I won't be able to see it in theaters, but I just wanna gush about this movie. This is one of the few movies where if I see it on TV, it's a must watch. I'll stop everything I'm doing. And I'm talking shitty TNT bitrate with commercials even though I own the 4K Blu-ray. I quote every line. It's the perfect action adventure film. Fucking love Johnathan. "Imhotep.... Imhotep..."

DarthMasta

Feb 17, 2018
I'd love to have a cinema close to me that showed "classics" like this. Popular movies of the past, action movies, stuff that still wows on a big screen, like watching T2 decades after it came out.

Probably not economically feasible though...

Karsha

May 1, 2020
I have a special memory of this movie. After the communist regime fell in my country, the cinemas got destroyed and for us kids they were like this imaginary thing that our parents used to talk about. It took 12 years for a new cinema to open and to be up to standarts and the first movie they got was The Mummy. I remember it wad fully booked for two weeks and when I finally got the chance to see it, I was mesmerized!