GameZone

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Norway
The latest Assassin's Creed isn't cracked yet, so they seem to have the right motivation for doing what they do.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Well my obvious conclusion would be that Syndicate does not require Denuvo and has no requirement for any SSE instruction set.. Since the game requires the same minimum specs as Assassins Creed Origins my safest guess is to say that it's because of the Denuvo DRM instead.
How would you even get to that conclusion just from that?
There's a limited number of machines that publishers/developers are able to test their games in before release, most likely Syndicate and Origins have the same requirements because those were the weakest machines that they had that passed their minimum and recommended tests?

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
The FX series came after Phenoms. Of course they're not going to name every cpu before these generations. I would also not expect pre 2400 cpus to to run this well. They also don't exclude specifically Pentium IIs, y'know.
Specs are ambiguous this way. Better phrasing would be to add 'no earlier generations/series'. You don't have to name every CPU, then.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Specs are ambiguous this way. Better phrasing would be to add 'no earlier generations/series'. You don't have to name every CPU, then.
When specs list FX CPUs in the minimum requirements, that means either the game wasn't tested in older CPUs or the game didn't run in them, in other words, there's no guarantee the game would work in older CPUs (Phenom CPUs have been discontinued many years ago, can't blame devs for not testing games on them).

Deathknell

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah sure, 90-100% usage on 8 core cpu is totally normal, "the game is very demanding" .

BULLSHIT.

I've never seen a single game in the last 15 years doing this.

But it's the first time that VMProtect is put on top of Denuvo.

I don't need any other proof.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah sure, 90-100% usage on 8 core cpu is totally normal, "the game is very demanding" .

BULLSHIT.

I've never seen a single game in the last 15 years doing this.
Watch_Dogs 2? Using 95-100% of a CPU is a sign that the game is properly threaded. In the past, Ubisoft were criticized for games that primarily loaded one core, bottlenecking performance while the other threads didn't do much. AC4: Black Flag's performance issues stem from this.

Deleted member 10549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My rig still runs on Phenom 965 and I dont see myself upgrading my PC in near future. Battlefield 4, Rainbow Six Siege, Doom, Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain. This CPU runs them perfectly in 60 fps.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
People should stop buying games with Denuvo and that demand to be always online to run the single player campaign.

Oh, and BTW, even if you buy the game and enjoyed it, if you're not into de idea of intrusive DRMs, give it a bad review on steam stating that. I enjoyed my ass out of Sonic Mania, Dirt 4 and F1 2017, but I left bad reviews stating that I don't like the type of DRM they're using. Pettiness, you might think. Well, Denuvo locked me out of F1 2016 for two weeks straight last year, and I had the same problem with other games like Mad Max, for example. These companies are so scummy that they're not even bothering to tell the customers that they're using Denuvo or other kinds of DRMs on the store page. It was funny when I bought Abzu (a game I was really interested about) and in the very first time I tried to run, I was presented with the same error message I used to get from F1 2016 and Mad Max. I didn't even tried to run again, I immediately asked for a refund. Fuck that...

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To an extent I sympathize, however at the point you're using 10 year old hardware the onus is really on you personally to check whether or not the game supports your hardware rather than the developer. Especially when the game lists the FX series as the min. Even taking for granted a high end phenom may trade blows with an FX CPU, it's still listed as a requirement and not a phenom.