teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope it's good. But we've heard hype before about games in development hell and they don't always live up to the hype. Also the whole "power of the cloud" stuff... I'll echo the poster earlier saying I'd love to be proven wrong but I won't be pre ordering for that reason

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not long and we get hands on. It could be a dark horse for the Game Pass service, especially if it's streaming friendly.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Idk, I don't think that should be the main focus of a conversation about the game, not today and not years ago. I mean, Fortnite also "syncs all destruction (and construction) in real time with all players", that isn't an achievement of any sort for an AAA game. It looks better because of physics (from the cloud!), sure, but is it the main focus? Is it the thing that will make the game better?

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't that what they said about the Titanfall AI, and then we ended up getting it in Titanfall 2 without the use of Azure?
Not the best example

I mean, have you seen Titanfall 2 AI? It's horrible compared to 1. It's a night and day difference.

Wether that's down to Azure, I can't say, but the AI in 1 is leagues above what it is in 2. And a ton more of it to boot.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Idk, I don't think that should be the main focus of a conversation about the game, not today and not years ago. I mean, Fortnite also "syncs all destruction (and construction) in real time with all players", that isn't an achievement of any sort for an AAA game. It looks better because of physics (from the cloud!), sure, but is it the main focus? Is it the thing that will make the game better?

It's just the title of this article. In the same magazine there was a longer piece on the singleplayer part. We haven't seen the cloud destruction in action for nearly 3 years before they showed it off at X018.

We got 3 or 4 singleplayer campaign trailers, one multiplayer cloud destruction trailer.

I do agree that they shouldn't have made it so important at Gamescom (2014? 2015? don't know anymore) about the power of the cloud. Spencer even admitted that was a mistake. But lately they don't seem to be hammering on that aspect as much.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't that what they said about the Titanfall AI, and then we ended up getting it in Titanfall 2 without the use of Azure?

To be fair, the AI players/grunts in Titanfall 2 pale in comparison to their inclusion in the first game. In Titanfall, the battlefield feels like a war. Tons of AI dropping in everywhere that will legitimately fight you. Grunts in Titanfall 2 are small groups of fodder that drop every so often in predetermined locations. I love Titanfall 2 but I thought the AI stuff was massively reduced.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they are still talking about the power of the cloud.
I cant believe this is entrenched in some of you as a pejorative. What else would you call new Azure reliant tech responsible for computing some of the gameplay?

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm pulling for this game, but I don't think it's gonna turn out well. Fingers crossed.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This sounds super unique actually. Getting me interested in a shooter is a real feat

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm

I'm still on the fence with this. All the footage looks bad but I'll give it a go with Gamepass.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more excited for the campaign/co-op, but I'll be sure to try out the mp.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Looking forward to Crackdown 3's campaign. The first was one of my better Xbox 360 memories. As long as Sumo nailed the traversal of the 1st, it'll be fun.

The multiplayer is a mixed bag. Both Jez and Games Radar said within a few minutes everybody is as good as everyone else. 0 skill gap. No sweaty competitive modes.

...but the game serves as a cloud destruction demo. I'm a little suspicious that Microsoft wants the multiplayer to be nothing more than a demo for the future. Not sure it is intended to have legs and keep those servers loaded for too long. Crackdowns significance will be how the cloud tech can be implemented in future Xbox games.

Edit: it wouldn't be that difficult to add skill gap to the game. Make one of the starting weapons a non lock-on precision weapon that does double the damage. Casuals and lesser skilled players would use the lock on weapons. High skilled players would use the non lock-on, higher damage weapons.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to Crackdown 3's campaign. The first was one of my better Xbox 360 memories. As long as Sumo nailed the traversal of the 1st, it'll be fun.

The multiplayer is a mixed bag. Both Jez and Games Radar said within a few minutes everybody is as good as everyone else. 0 skill gap. No sweaty competitive modes.

...but the game serves as a cloud destruction demo. I'm a little suspicious that Microsoft wants the multiplayer to be nothing more than a demo for the future. Not sure is intended to have legs and keep those servers loaded for too long. Crackdowns significance will be how the cloud tech can be implemented in future Xbox games.

You can incorporate new tech into whatever and still be a fun. All because it's new tech does not mean it's a demo.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'll take this as seriously as I take previews from Playstation Universe. To my eyeballs, wrecking zone looks fucking rough.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
How Microsoft let Cloudgine slip through their fingers is beyond me.
They seemed like the perfect company for Microsoft to acquire to aid them with their Cloud gaming future.

Unless they have already learnt all they need and have improved on the formula seems like a missed oppurtunity for them.

On Topic
Was day one on this game literally since it was announced way way back, Im so happy my patience seems to be paying off.

Have they already talked about transforming vehicles?
Im such a sucker for simple gimmicks like that, Crackdown: Keys to the City I would change transformation modes just for the fuck of it.
IF that has returned im more sold than I was the day this was announced.

Believe in Sumo!

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
'

Get your eyes fix. I know some good doctors.
Just had lasik a while ago. They work fine. What doesn't convince me is that lock on jumping and jetting around is going to make for a consistently compelling multiplayer experience after a few matches. I'm in for the singleplayer and co op mode, but acting like impressions of this have been overwhelmingly positive and that a seeing deficiency is the only way one would be unimpressed so far is a bit loony.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
if it's so good...why not......you know........show it? With the general conception of this game being lukewarm (anecdotal, feel free to disagree), you will think MS will do whatever it takes to show off the 'good' parts of the game. It's not like this wrecking zone multiplayer is spoiling any story stuff of whatsoever.
That's old, heavily edited footage direct from Microsoft last year

Heres 40 minutes of unedited gameplay, or does this also not count for some reason.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Good to hear some positive impressions. The MP mode did sound promising. I still think, if they make a mode without destruction, Crackdown would make for an interesting Battle Royale set up with its focus on traversal over gunskill.
qft

I know they said they aren't working on a br mode with cloud destruction but they should look into making a mp mode without destruction that has BR. Of course they'd need long term content plans etc, but Crackdown's IP lends itself well to the genre.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just had lasik a while ago. They work fine. What doesn't convince me is that lock on jumping and jetting around is going to make for a consistently compelling multiplayer experience after a few matches. I'm in for the singleplayer and co op mode, but acting like impressions of this have been overwhelmingly positive and that a seeing deficiency is the only way one would be unimpressed so far is a bit loony.
'
LOL!

Yeah, I don't remember much of CD, but I believe this is suppose to be more focused on platforming and using surroundings as defense. That is why the game offers a Lock On Feature. The shooting comes after.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
How Microsoft let Cloudgine slip through their fingers is beyond me.
They seemed like the perfect company for Microsoft to acquire to aid them with their Cloud gaming future.

Unless they have already learnt all they need and have improved on the formula seems like a missed oppurtunity for them.

On Topic
Was day one on this game literally since it was announced way way back, Im so happy my patience seems to be paying off.

Have they already talked about transforming vehicles?
Im such a sucker for simple gimmicks like that, Crackdown: Keys to the City I would change transformation modes just for the fuck of it.
IF that has returned im more sold than I was the day this was announced.

Believe in Sumo!
MS had to basically recreate what Cloudgine did based on the interviews that I read. So they still have the tech and they probably just have to make it extensible which I have no doubt MS will be ready to sell to devs.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
You can incorporate new tech into whatever and still be a fun. All because it's new tech does not mean it's a demo.

The reason Microsoft invested so heavily in this game was because the multiplayer was a R&D project for cloud compute. It's implications will go well beyond Crackdown.

Obviously Microsoft would be idiots to communicate this directly but when Staten admits that they didn't know whether they could make it fun...and you combine that with 5 years of development while many other things in the pipeline were canned during that time, preponderance of the evidence says the multiplayer is a tech demo first, game second.

I'm waiting to hear if there's a roadmap for Crackdown. Microsoft made it known up front that SoT would get continuous support and I assumed Crackdown would as well but the lack of commitment to iterating Crackdown has me thinking they'll release the game and move on to implimenting the tech in other IPs. The roadmap for Crackdown might end Feb 15th.

Just because it's a demo first, game second doesn't mean it can't be fun. It doesn't sound like Microsoft is all that concerned with whether the multiplayer has legs.

Of course I'm talking multiplayer only. I'm thinking the campaign will be fun. Multiplayer will be a tech demo.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
MS had to basically recreate what Cloudgine did based on the interviews that I read. So they still have the tech and they probably just have to make it extensible which I have no doubt MS will be ready to sell to devs.

Ohh they rebuilt dat shit already.
Cool. So strong chance they impliment atleast part of the tech into Scarlett games, by then the Azure network will have grown and with constant updates to Crackdown 3 they will have all but perfected it.

Im so excited....I see why Epic jumped on Cloudgine, they must have seen the potential and since Cloudgine has already had this implemented into UE4 Epic will no doubt have this available for UE4.x or UE5 come nextgen.
Looks like the cloud is finally gonna start paying off?

I am curious about latency though, for Australian who might be buying this game and connecting to NOT Australia 100 - 200 is whats to be expected, how will this affect the game, because BF3 at launch with that kind of ping was broken.

Everyone close to an Azure server will be in heaven with this game....closest one to me is about 70ms away, bad signal has it jump to the 150ms range, hopefully this doesnt kill the experience too mcuh.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Ohh they rebuilt dat shit already.
Cool. So strong chance they impliment atleast part of the tech into Scarlett games, by then the Azure network will have grown and with constant updates to Crackdown 3 they will have all but perfected it.

Im so excited....I see why Epic jumped on Cloudgine, they must have seen the potential and since Cloudgine has already had this implemented into UE4 Epic will no doubt have this available for UE4.x or UE5 come nextgen.
Looks like the cloud is finally gonna start paying off?

I am curious about latency though, for Australian who might be buying this game and connecting to NOT Australia 100 - 200 is whats to be expected, how will this affect the game, because BF3 at launch with that kind of ping was broken.

Everyone close to an Azure server will be in heaven with this game....closest one to me is about 70ms away, bad signal has it jump to the 150ms range, hopefully this doesnt kill the experience too mcuh.
Just try to enjoy the game and see how it is...luckily it is on GamePass.

Also, Cloudgine being implemented in Unreal actually benefits Microsoft since customers can use Azure still. So it's not a total loss for MS.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I'm getting hyped again now. Really hope the destruction pays off.
Shame it isn't in the single player portion, but I can see why it would detract from the campaign.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling that this is going to be very much a "love it or hate it" type of game.