ponzies

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know what to do honestly. This was my favorite sub shop by far, not a chain and I peaked over the shelf where he was assembling the sandwich and he kept licking his fingers while he made it. I paid for it and kept looking at it, it looked super delicious, and walked a few blocks and ended up throwing it in the trash can. :(

Oct 25, 2017
I get the gloves thing others are saying but he coulda been wearing gloves and licking his fingers and that would still be the same lol

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Must have been delicious if he couldn't stop licking his fingers. Sounds like your missed out....

..on a dose of the shits.

Oct 25, 2017
OP you should not have paid for that
I am very against stiffing folks on tips or whatever but this is one of the few cases where I'd support it

Mukrab

Banned
Apr 19, 2020
I couldnt care less and as someone who has always worked in restaurants youre never gonna eat anywhere where people dont lick their fingers. And the actual chef is always the worst.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on what kind of sandwich they were making. It's creepy as hell for something basic like a BLT

pioneer

May 31, 2022
Licking their fingers while making the sandwich? Seriously? I absolutely would not have paid and I seriously would consider calling the department of health about it. And I am a fellow restaurant worker.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017

I was thinking of a she but yeah, this was my exact question coming into this thread.

I didn't know what to do honestly. This was my favorite sub shop by far, not a chain and I peaked over the shelf where he was assembling the sandwich and he kept licking his fingers while he made it. I paid for it and kept looking at it, it looked super delicious, and walked a few blocks and ended up throwing it in the trash can. :(

That sucks though man.

Artadius

Avenger
Jan 15, 2018
What that person did was worthy of being fired on the spot. Sorry, no room for being that nasty in many industries, but especially in the food service industry.

But then you didn't have the guts to speak up or at least walk out? You paid for it and didn't say anything? Next person that came in might have called in an order and didn't see it being made and just ate a slobby sandwich.

May 22, 2023
Florida
I would have pulled out my phone to record and then spoken to a manager.
Then after watching the manager personally make me three loaded sandwiches themself for free I would leave and never come back.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
if its your favorite sandwich then you have to assume its part of the process

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
I didn't want the guy to get in trouble and this place makes the best sandwiches I've ever eaten.
I bet it wasn't the first time he's licked his fingers and made food, so the chances are youve already eaten a sandwich made by his licked fingers soooooooo I dunno.

Ida made a scene, bare minimum said hey bro you just licked your fingers and made my food. Money back please! And maybe I won't leave a bad review? But I probably would anyways cause that's fucking gross.

Sorry you had to go through this op. I feel bad lol I know how hard it is to find a good sub place

if its your favorite sandwich then you have to assume its part of the process

Basically this lol

xCrossGaming

May 5, 2024
Why did you pay for it if you weren't going to eat it? I would've still eaten it because I love food so much and it's not like he was licking the sandwich, just his fingers. Still weird af though and I would've asked him wtf he was doing as he was making it.

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
i saw someone sneeze fully on a sandwich and then continue to make it, the guy whos sandwich it was was fucking fuming lol. he went "are you fucking seriously making that after sneezing on it", the person making it just didnt give a fuck.