Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Fall Guy is a lot of fun, but it's a romantic comedy, not an action movie. It also has nothing to do with the show which I adore, but that's moot at this point.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I saw Tarot last night, it was quite bad. Looking like another horror release that will be soft in the BO.
I really want to see it, but I'm going to go on vacation very soon so I'll probably miss the window for it.
A shame because it seems like the kinda movie I love seeing in the theater.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
I really want to see it, but I'm going to go on vacation very soon so I'll probably miss the window for it.
A shame because it seems like the kinda movie I love seeing in the theater.

You might very well enjoy it. Just speaking for myself it was too full of cliches and very predictable, although the creature designs were kind of cool.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Try to guess the budget of the Fall Guys.

$125m

thats nuts to me. I think these kind of romantic action comedy movies definitely have a place, mostly on Netflix. This looks like the best version of those kind of movies. You will make a little money in theaters if you put it out there first, maybe $50-125m best case, but expecting anything over $200m seems wild.

Even stuff like Lost City (the Sandra Bullock one from 2 years ago) made under $200m when barely any movies were coming out and that was really, really good. That had a budget of $68m too.

holy shit i just looked up the Furiosa budget what the hell are they thinking

$230m

Timu

Oct 25, 2017

$125m

thats nuts to me. I think these kind of romantic action comedy movies definitely have a place, mostly on Netflix. This looks like the best version of those kind of movies. You will make a little money in theaters if you put it out there first, maybe $50-125m best case, but expecting anything over $200m seems wild.
I read $130m which seems a bit worse!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

$125m

Even stuff like Lost City (the Sandra Bullock one from 2 years ago) made under $200m when barely any movies were coming out and that was really, really good. That had a budget of $68m too.

$230m
Marketing is mostly pushing The Fall Guy from the action movie angle despite it basically being a romcom with an action veneer. I'm not surprised the budget is that high after having seen the film, Bullet Train most likely cut costs by centering filming in one area and had action that went heavy on VFX for the back half. Most if not all of The Fall Guy's extravagant action sequences was filmed on-location if the post-credits stunt clips is anything to go off of.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You might very well enjoy it. Just speaking for myself it was too full of cliches and very predictable, although the creature designs were kind of cool.
Yeah it looks like a generic trashy PG13 horror movie, which I'm a pretty big fan of. In another life, I would be making these movies haha

fzburner

Jul 3, 2023

$125m

$230m
I would really love to know what exec genuinely thought romcom action movies that cost 100m+ had better ROI potential than simple and cheap romcoms

Mister Ursine

Sep 10, 2023
Has Leitch ever delivered an undisputed homerun? His track record is...fine, I guess? Co-directs John Wick, nice little surprise hit. But the franchise has been just fine without him, even leveling up a little. Atomic Blonde underperforms. Hobbs & Shaw did okay. I think at the time people were a little disappointed since it wasn't good and F&F was a Billion Dollar franchise at that point, but it might've been the precursor to where the franchise would settle post-covid. It's fine. Deadpool 2 makes almost the exact same amount as Deadpool 1; after more promo and double the budget. Bullet Train does ok?

The track record never screamed "Save the summer." In the same way that Shawn Levy has never made a good movie, but has delivered some populace hits. I don't expect anything to change there either.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
It was marketed pretty heavily. Definitely the 2x budget rule in effect here for it to break even I would think. Don't really see how it'll reach 300 million without some amazing legs though.