Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Adam Sandler plays a has-been 80s arcade gamer so we're talking PAC-Man, Donkey Kong etc.

but the weirdest scene is the friend played by Peter Dinklage who is revealed to have cheated at the championship… he put cheat codes in.

I must ask

HOW?

How did he do this? How does one put cheat codes into an arcade machine and how did he not get caught?!

…I need to lay down.

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
"Adam Sandler plays a bad-been 80s arcade gamer so we're talking PAC-Man, Donkey Kong etc."

This sentence alone...so many questions

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I saw it on acid and let me tell you...

It was a waste of acid.

The movie is terrible and the weird Qbert fucking was weird and uncomfortable

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I saw it on a plane ride, so maybe that had an affect, but I thought it was okay. Yeah, the cheat code thing was stupid, but the rest was fine.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I hope Martha Stewart and Serena William got paid enough for what they went through.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Honestly, I don't mind it and will happily watch it with my son if it's on TV. It's a kids film so I'm not expecting high art but it's been put together pretty well and the FX are decent so it passes a couple of hours.

Reminds me a bit of Evolution from back in 2001.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I remember being so intrigued when I heard the short film was being adapted but any anticipation I had fell through the goddamn floor when I found out Adam Sandler's production team was attached.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Adam Sandler plays a has-been 80s arcade gamer so we're talking PAC-Man, Donkey Kong etc.

but the weirdest scene is the friend played by Peter Dinklage who is revealed to have cheated at the championship… he put cheat codes in.

I must ask

HOW?

How did he do this? How does one put cheat codes into an arcade machine and how did he not get caught?!

…I need to lay down.
The "cheat codes" stuff is absolute dogshit from top to bottom that reeks of out of touch executive meddling. I think my favorite part, besides the one where nobody noticed he had entered them or that he was teleporting and shit in-game, was that a world-class champion, who would have the layout of every stage in the game entirely memorized, somehow needs an one-line cheat codes input engraved in his glasses to be able to remember it.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about the movie is the closing credits, because it's basically a pixel-art version of the entire movie over the span of about 5 min, and it's all you really need to watch because the movie itself is just terrible, and I saw it opening weekend (with Scene points, dammit!)

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
The best thing about the movie is the closing credits, because it's basically a pixel-art version of the entire movie over the span of about 5 min, and it's all you really need to watch because the movie itself is just terrible, and I saw it opening weekend (with Scene points, dammit!)
Same. It's basically on par with Independence Day.

Oct 8, 2019
His made much worse films

Remember the time he made a film with Susan Sarandon, Andy Samberg, James Caan and the best actor was Vanilla Ice, and the second best actor was Rex Ryan

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hah! I just saw this on TV at my parent's house a few hours ago...you must've been watching the same one.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
This movie is irredeemable trash long before you get into the nonsensical video game stuff. The first moment of "character interaction" between Sandler and Michelle Monaghan, who is drinking wine out of a sippy cup for who knows what fucking reason, is so relentlessly cringy I would have walked out of the theater if not for the fact that I was watching it in 5-D and was too afraid that motion chair I was sitting in would have snapped my spine if I had tried to leave.